Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

A lot of you guys are acting like the XBLA/PSN demo is the latest build. Am I the only one who noticed that there's a newer build than the XBLA/PSN demo? The 20th Anniversary History of Sonic video that SEGA released featured footage of a newer build with a completely different life icon and a smaller boost gauge. Seriously, just watch this video at 2:48-2:52.

EDIT:

I have a feeling that this build will be showcased at Gamescom.

The lack of camera control in Colors never bothered me and the camera in Unleashed was never useful for anything during the Day stages.

So I don't see what the big deal is.

I'd like camera control, but not because it's needed, but because I'd like to see the scenery better. In Sonic Colors I found myself wanting to move the camera so I could see more of the background junk, and I'd like to be able to do that in this game. It's nothing major though and I could live without it.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty sure that beta versions of Sonic Unleashed didn't have camera controls as well, I'm sure they'll change it. Also if the Red Rings are back, then camera controls might be needed.

P.S. What's up with this new design?! Now my avatar is messed up, I'm gonna have to change it now! angry.gif

Edited by SegaTidbits

To be honest, I never used camera control when I'm speed-running Unleashed. So it doesn't bother me much.

P.S - The new design looks nice, but it needs more blue and more Sonic themes!

This theme is really horrible. Especialy mobile one.

Back on topic I would love a photo mode to let us view those spectacular stages without playing.

This theme is really horrible. Especialy mobile one.

Back on topic I would love a photo mode to let us view those spectacular stages without playing.

You mean, sort of like in the Super Smash Bros. series? Yeah that would be pretty cool.

As for this new design, I suppose we're all going to have to get used to it. Maybe in a few months we'll look at it and say that "Complaining about this new forum design is like complaining about Green Eyes!" Maybe not...

P.S I hate my new avatar, I'm changing it to something else instead!

Edited by SegaTidbits

You mean, sort of like in the Super Smash Bros. series? Yeah that would be pretty cool.

As for this new design, I suppose we're all going to have to get used to it. Maybe in a few months we'll look at it and say that "Complaining about this new forum design is like complaining about Green Eyes!" Maybe not...

Well I'm not complaing about design. But functions. 75% of my posts I make on smartphone and mobile theme is medicore. I figured it out now but I still dont know how to make status update in this mobile theme.

Well I'm not complaing about design. But functions. 75% of my posts I make on smartphone and mobile theme is medicore. I figured it out now but I still dont know how to make status update in this mobile theme.

I am curious how Sonic Generations will look over all in the Final Version.

I doubt we already have seen the real final version.

(Off Topic: I like the new design.

And the best, It has no dislike button. Sorry I have to say that.. But it was sometimes absurd how many dislikes a post got just because he said his own opinion.

A lot of forums got rid of the dislike button lately. ;) )

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont know what happened but it happened to Classic Daz too. Something is wrong here.

Ok sorry I'm late to the party but let me set a few things clear.

1: There is no camera control, period, it isn't a GHZ only thing. The camera in all respects, is exactly like Unleashed, minus you being able to use your controller to move it.

2. The footage used in the Through the Ages Trailer is from a build older than the original 3 minute video we got. It used placeholders like the Unleashed life icon. The demo build is not the newest build however. The latest build we've seen footage of comes from the E3 City Escape footage, which was recorded from an internal build that was newer than the playable GHZ demo they had. The way you can tell is because when you use the boost, the bar flashes red.

Basically compare GHZ to City Escape in this video:

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has it been confirmed the next demo release date is August 10th or October 10th?

Jack, I looked at that video and started singing Escape from the City. Am I winning?

But seriously I think CE demo was the latest build. Anyone notice that the BOOOOOSH gauge didn't drop as fast as the hacked version? Or maybe I'm just trippin.

Jack, I looked at that video and started singing Escape from the City. Am I winning?

But seriously I think CE demo was the latest build. Anyone notice that the BOOOOOSH gauge didn't drop as fast as the hacked version? Or maybe I'm just trippin.

I thought that too. I also noticed that you don't get that much boost back when you are doing tricks.

Hmmm interesting, well I hope that the CE is a late build, cause it's more polished than the demo we got and the hacked demo

Edited by 2Fast2Serious

Has it been confirmed the next demo release date is August 10th or October 10th?

Ok sorry I'm late to the party but let me set a few things clear.

1: There is no camera control, period, it isn't a GHZ only thing. The camera in all respects, is exactly like Unleashed, minus you being able to use your controller to move it.

2. The footage used in the Through the Ages Trailer is from a build older than the original 3 minute video we got. It used placeholders like the Unleashed life icon. The demo build is not the newest build however. The latest build we've seen footage of comes from the E3 City Escape footage, which was recorded from an internal build that was newer than the playable GHZ demo they had. The way you can tell is because when you use the boost, the bar flashes red.

Basically compare GHZ to City Escape in this video:

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Also...how come the 'COMBO' font has changed when you do tricks in City Escape? The player didn't do tricks in Green Hill so I can't do a comparison of the fonts...or does every single level in the game have different fonts when you do tricks??

So many questions...so little answers.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Also...how come the 'COMBO' font has changed when you do tricks in City Escape? The player didn't do tricks in Green Hill so I can't do a comparison of the fonts...or does every single level in the game have different fonts when you do tricks??

So many questions...so little answers.

The font size change is likely because it was a newer build than the demo version.

According to the Demo's files, it is October 10th at the latest, but a recent interview with Aron Webber suggests it will be in September.

Oh speaking of Demo files, remeber how we were wondering about the Death Egg boss? Well I looked more closely at the demo files and I can confirm the following information about the bosses:

Death Egg boss is fought by Classic Sonic

Perfect Chaos boss is fought by Generic Sonic

Egg Dragoon is fought by Generic Sonic

So it seems likely that the Death Egg boss is either the Sonic 2 final boss or the boss right before Doomsday Zone. I hope that it is the latter because we've already had a revival of the Sonic 2 boss.

Also since Modern Sonic fights the other two main bosses, my guess is he will only fight one rival boss and it is likely that it will be Shadow he fights.

Oh speaking of Demo files, remember how we were wondering about the Death Egg boss? Well I looked more closely at the demo files and I can confirm the following information about the bosses:

Death Egg boss is fought by Classic Sonic

Perfect Chaos boss is fought by Generic Sonic

Egg Dragoon is fought by Generic Sonic

Wait, what? So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the bosses aren't fought by both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic?

That kinda sucks, mang.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

Wait, what? So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the bosses aren't fought by both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic?

That kinda sucks, mang.

No kidding. Seriously part of this games appeal to me was thinking I could fight the bosses as both Sonic's. WTF man?!

Edited by Balding Spider

You guys want a repetitive and tedious game?

Facing a boss twice wouldn't make sense.

• Thumbs Up 2