Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

so if what Jacktheinfinite101 says is correct about the bosses then classic will only be used 3 times?

retro fans will be thrilled

You guys want a repetitive and tedious game?

Facing a boss twice wouldn't make sense.

That's like saying playing through the same level as both Sonics wouldn't make sense. What I was hoping for was that one hedgehog would have the original boss, depending on what era it took place in, while the Sonic out of his element would have a new version.

• Thumbs Up 1

so if what Jacktheinfinite101 says is correct about the bosses then classic will only be used 3 times?

retro fans will be thrilled

There are six bosses. Therefore, Modern (I'm sorry, "Generic") Sonic would only fight three as well. It's even.

There are six bosses. Therefore, Modern (I'm sorry, "Generic") Sonic would only fight three as well. It's even.

o ya forgot about that

wait how will that work with 9 levels

Edited by i don't like pie

You do realize we're talking about a game where you have to beat Green Hill at least twice before moving on to the next level, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, what? So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the bosses aren't fought by both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic?

That kinda sucks, mang.

How does that suck? That's great news to me. Means I don't have to face every boss twice.

You do realize we're talking about a game where you have to beat Green Hill at least twice before moving on to the next level, right?

I thought we get to choose who we want to play as?

So it seems likely that the Death Egg boss is either the Sonic 2 final boss or the boss right before Doomsday Zone. I hope that it is the latter because we've already had a revival of the Sonic 2

Actually I think it will be both. My guess is that the death egg boss will be the final boss of sonic 2 and S&K.

Oh boy I've started another flame war. Hoorah. <_<

Anyway, it shouldn't be a surprise that you don't fight each boss as both Sonic's. In Sonic Unleashed, you played each level as Sonic then the Werehog, but you didn't fight each boss as both. Think about it, with two bosses from each era, both Sonic's have a boss fight from each of the three eras, it makes sense, especially considering I think that in the story, the two Sonic's split up to cover more ground.

Really Unleashed is the first game we should look at when considering the layout of this game. Just like Unleashed, this game has two variations on Sonic playable, each having their own level for each location, having playable hubs and missions involving other people, collecting boss keys to unlock boss fights, and restoring the timeline piece by piece.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a bit disappointed, only for the fact that it seems like rather uneven representation for each character, especially if you consider that Classic Sonic's fighting Metal Sonic, leaving Modern Sonic with no bosses in the Classic era. It just seems lop-sided, especially since I was really hoping to see Modern Sonic's take on classic bosses, or Classic Sonic taking on Perfect Chaos or Silver. But hey, I guess we'll see what happens, maybe they're truly recreating EVERYTHING down to the core, just remastered in HD with some new elements... but then again, if that's the case, why is Modern Sonic fighting the Egg Dragoon?

I don't know, it seems like a missed opportunity.. unless of course, some of the minor details in the link are subject to change for the final release.. What would definitely make me happy is if the rivals are fought with both hedgehogs, the Death Egg is fought with Classic Sonic, Perfect Chaos is fought with Modern Sonic, and as a surprise, the Egg Dragoon is fought with the Werehog in his ONLY appearance in the game. I'd be cool with something like that, anyway.

Edited by EXshad

Now that I think about it. Didn't Werehog fight Egg Dragoon and not Sonic?

I'm a bit disappointed, only for the fact that it seems like rather uneven representation for each character, especially if you consider that Classic Sonic's fighting Metal Sonic, leaving Modern Sonic with no bosses in the Classic era. It just seems lop-sided, especially since I was really hoping to see Modern Sonic's take on classic bosses, or Classic Sonic taking on Perfect Chaos or Silver. But hey, I guess we'll see what happens, maybe they're truly recreating EVERYTHING down to the core, just remastered in HD with some new elements... but then again, if that's the case, why is Modern Sonic fighting the Egg Dragoon?

I don't know, it seems like a missed opportunity.. unless of course, some of the minor details in the link are subject to change for the final release.. What would definitely make me happy is if the rivals are fought with both hedgehogs, the Death Egg is fought with Classic Sonic, Perfect Chaos is fought with Modern Sonic, and as a surprise, the Egg Dragoon is fought with the Werehog in his ONLY appearance in the game. I'd be cool with something like that, anyway.

The font size change is likely because it was a newer build than the demo version.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Of course i do.

Well Classic Sonic is (assumably) fighting Silver so it's evend out with Classic getting 3 and Modern getting 3. Honnestly I couldn't see the boos roster they went with organized in a better way.

Metal Sonic: This is the one case where I think it's plausable for either Sonic to face him, they went with Classic, most likely because they wanted to keep the ratio even

Death Egg: The only Modern Sonic boss I could get out of this is if Sonic actually fought the Death Egg itself which would be ridiculous (awesome, but ridiculous). It doesn't surprise me that they went with Classic Sonic, especially since it's against Classic Robotnik

Shadow: I can't see either Sonic fighting him. Classic Sonic would just be too much of a clone of the Knuckles boss and Modern Sonic is too fast for Shadow, he'd leave him in the dust within the first second you get control over him. The only Sonic I could see fighting him i Dreamcast Sonic. But they went with Modern which is the more plausible of the two because a 2D only fight with Shadow would bee pretty boring.

Perfect Chaos: Unless they turn Super, Modern Sonic is the only one who could do this fight because you need his boost to run on water (hopefully this means there will be at least one 3D water running section in this game).

Silver: There's no way Modern Sonic's controls and physics would work out well in this fight, not to mention a lot of people seem to hate this fight. Their best choice is to make an entirely new fight with Classic Sonic

Egg Dragoon: Modern Eggman, it's only fitting for him to fight Modern Sonic. I hope they don't turn Sonic into the Werehog for this part and instead create a brand new fight using the Modern formula.

Meh.. if they did only use 3 bosses per hog, I suppose that's how I'd like to see it. Still, it just seems a bit... empty, I guess. I mean, 3 bosses per hog is kinda shallow for a title of this magnitude, at least in my opinion. I mean, there's 2 versions of each level, so why not do something similar with the bosses?

Then again, more and more this game is seeming like a different build of Unleashed: there's 2 different gameplay styles for each level, 3 bosses per character, boss keys are used to unlock the bosses (apparently) and are found after beating certain levels, plus there's the leftover Unleashed content that was found in the data. I dunno, it doesn't sound BAD, but I was really just hoping to see a bit more variety, is all.

I thought Sonic Paradise said that both versions of Sonic would fight Metal. If that is true, wouldn't the same logically apply for the other bosses?

• Thumbs Up 1

Famitsu said that you face Metal as both Modern and Classic, however they didn't go into any details about the M.Sonic battle.

Yes, it would. Different play styles, bro.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes but for some bosses it wouldn't be good.

Which bosses? And how? How do you know this? Do you know what the boss battles will be like? No, you don't.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not going to argue with you the decision has already been made.

Anywhore lets see how they turn out when they are revealed.

I thought Sonic Paradise said that both versions of Sonic would fight Metal. If that is true, wouldn't the same logically apply for the other bosses?

They said it but didn't offer any proof. It's possible though. Either way, that would only apply to the rival bosses and not the main ones as the file makes it clear that Classic fights Death Egg, Modern fights Chaos, and Modern fights Dragoon. They didn't have anything specifying who fought the rival bosses. They did, however, have a hard mode listed for the rival bosses so maybe the idea of hard mode is it switches the Sonics around kind of like I did in my vid. That would make the bosses more difficult.

Meh.. if they did only use 3 bosses per hog, I suppose that's how I'd like to see it. Still, it just seems a bit... empty, I guess. I mean, 3 bosses per hog is kinda shallow for a title of this magnitude, at least in my opinion. I mean, there's 2 versions of each level, so why not do something similar with the bosses?

Then again, more and more this game is seeming like a different build of Unleashed: there's 2 different gameplay styles for each level, 3 bosses per character, boss keys are used to unlock the bosses (apparently) and are found after beating certain levels, plus there's the leftover Unleashed content that was found in the data. I dunno, it doesn't sound BAD, but I was really just hoping to see a bit more variety, is all.

Well if you haven't noticed, the major weakness of the Modern Era has been it's boss fights.

Sonic Unleashed: The 3 Day bosses were basically the same boss, the fight itself wasn't horrible, but it needed more variety. The Night bosses were actually pretty good. Dark Gaia was the only Super Sonic boss that I thought gave me a good challenge. So the boss roster is ok, but not as good as it had been in the past

Sonic Colors: Ugh. When I said the 3 Day bosses were the same, I was kind of using a figure of speech because they were too similar, but here, they literally make you fight the same 3 bosses twice. The first one is over in 5 seconds, the second one is kind of boring, the third one is kind of fun, but still a little too easy. The Egg Nega Wisp was awesome and probably the best showdown with Eggman they've done. So yeah the boss roster here was pitiful for the most part.

Looking at Sonic Generations, I'm glad we got as much variety as we did compared to the previous two boss rosters. Sure it's not the best, but it's an improvement over the last two titles.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

What in the fuck?

Did I miss something? That doesn't make any sense.

And you KNOW you're desperate when you steal jokes from RayWilliamJohnson.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

They said it but didn't offer any proof. It's possible though. Either way, that would only apply to the rival bosses and not the main ones as the file makes it clear that Classic fights Death Egg, Modern fights Chaos, and Modern fights Dragoon. They didn't have anything specifying who fought the rival bosses. They did, however, have a hard mode listed for the rival bosses so maybe the idea of hard mode is it switches the Sonics around kind of like I did in my vid. That would make the bosses more difficult.

Well if you haven't noticed, the major weakness of the Modern Era has been it's boss fights.

Sonic Unleashed: The 3 Day bosses were basically the same boss, the fight itself wasn't horrible, but it needed more variety. The Night bosses were actually pretty good. Dark Gaia was the only Super Sonic boss that I thought gave me a good challenge. So the boss roster is ok, but not as good as it had been in the past

Sonic Colors: Ugh. When I said the 3 Day bosses were the same, I was kind of using a figure of speech because they were too similar, but here, they literally make you fight the same 3 bosses twice. The first one is over in 5 seconds, the second one is kind of boring, the third one is kind of fun, but still a little too easy. The Egg Nega Wisp was awesome and probably the best showdown with Eggman they've done. So yeah the boss roster here was pitiful for the most part.

Looking at Sonic Generations, I'm glad we got as much variety as we did compared to the previous two boss rosters. Sure it's not the best, but it's an improvement over the last two titles.

Wait I thought Aaron said that some things in the demo were taken out and would not be prevalent in the actual final build. There were things also added. If that was the case does that mean that we could see differences in the bosses like maybe Classic and modern sonic sharing bosses? I guess we won't know until the game comes out. One thing is sure though and that is that saying because it's in the demo might not always be the best thing. I Can see them doing rivals for both but the main bosses should be like you said.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost