Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Calling it, Seaside hill music is going to modern sonic while Ocean palace is going to Classic.

It would make more sense for Modern to have Ocean Palace sense he is in Act 2

However, I theorize that Classic's will mix in Sea Gate, while Modern mixes in Ocean Palace into their respective Seaside Hill themes

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 3

Im guessing we will get a trailer today or tomorrow or sometime next week

It would make more sense for Modern to have Ocean Palace sense he is in Act 2

However, I theorize that Classic's will mix in Sea Gate, while Modern mixes in Ocean Palace into their respective Seaside Hill themes

I doubt we're going to get two different songs. The point of the music is to hear two new compositions of the same song.

Im guessing we will get a trailer today or tomorrow or sometime next week

I wouldn't say this week or next week for a trailer but seeing that Gamescom is in 2 weeks time I expect new footage of City Escape from a new playable build featured there and possibly the Chemical Plant Zone trailer released during Gamescom =).

Uh, why do you guess that?

Because we've gotten alot of new screens usually when there are screens there is a trailer right behind them

I bet the new trailer will be of Spagonia/Rooftop Run since we got teased in the last trailer about it!

I dont think so. I think Rooftop Run will be revealed durning TGS along with Silver boss battle while on Gamescom I think we will see Chemical plant or Speed Highway along with Shadow reveal (both rivals reveal will be one month after another) so 1.Metal 2.Shadow 3.Silver. And I think Rooftop run will be last revealed stage.

Why I think this way? Well when demo switched to trial 2 rooftop run menu select showed up. It would be great deal for SEGA to reveal both RR and its demo at TGS. Of course with relase date.

I bet the new trailer will be of Spagonia/Rooftop Run since we got teased in the last trailer about it!

I'm expecting a reveal sometime this month, actually. Most likely they'll officially reveal a Modern Stage, and maybe one of the Bosses in the game.

I'm expecting a reveal sometime this month, actually. Most likely they'll officially reveal a Modern Stage, and maybe one of the Bosses in the game.

Oh yes.. I hope so damn much for a footage of a boss from the HD Version.

(I mean Boss-Boss, no Rival Boss. :P)

I'm expecting a reveal sometime this month, actually. Most likely they'll officially reveal a Modern Stage, and maybe one of the Bosses in the game. Btw, when is Gamescom?

If they do show a stage from the modern era I'm hoping it's crisis city. I'm really anxious to see what they did with that stage.

Edited by Johnny Boy

I can't see them making us find them to finish the story. The only time they did that was back in the classics, but back then they had alternate endings so it felt like you still beat the game.

La-la-la Sonic Heroes

I'm betting on the trailer being Planet Wisp

seeing as so far we got the first stage, the stage in the middles, and it would make sense to continue the pattern and show off the last level (Plus hint at another, maybe Sky Sanctuary)

I doubt we're going to get two different songs. The point of the music is to hear two new compositions of the same song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm betting on the trailer being Planet Wisp

seeing as so far we got the first stage, the stage in the middles, and it would make sense to continue the pattern and show off the last level (Plus hint at another, maybe Sky Sanctuary)

No I meant that both will be remixes of Seaside Hill, but each mixes in a different song to it. Kinda like how Modern city Escape has Downtown race in it and Endless Mine can be heard in the Classic version

You know, I really wonder what they could do for Planet Wisp's music when trying to make it sound more "classic". If anything, some of the music in Planet Wisp already sounded kinda classic to me.

Edited by SuperClassic

You know, I really wonder what they could do for Planet Wisp's music when trying to make it sound more "classic". If anything, some of the music in Planet Wisp already sounded kinda classic to me.

I imagine they'd use the same BGM, or at least a similar one, to the one for the Sonic Simulator.

I imagine they'd use the same BGM, or at least a similar one, to the one for the Sonic Simulator.

Sonic Simulator was 8bit though, right? I think that it'd be a bit inconsistent to have only one track be 8 bit and all the others not. Then again, this is Sonic Generations, where Stardust Speedway seems to be close to Chemical Plant, consistency isn't something any of us should be caring about.

Edited by SuperClassic

Sonic Simulator was 8bit though, right? I think that it'd be a bit inconsistent to have only one track be 8 bit and all the others not.

True, as you say, that'd be odd. But what I meant was that we'd have the 8-bit version remixed, much like we have a fresh remix for Classic Green Hill (despite it sounding incredibly similar).

True, as you say, that'd be odd. But what I meant was that we'd have the 8-bit version remixed, much like we have a fresh remix for Classic Green Hill (despite it sounding incredibly similar).

It's hard to believe that they'd make more Planet Wisp music after making, what, 8 tracks for it? If I recall correctly, acts 4, 5, and 6 of Planet Wisp did all have their own original music, and the DS version had 3 of its own tracks for the zone aswell.

It's hard to believe that they'd make more Planet Wisp music after making, what, 8 tracks for it? If I recall correctly, acts 4, 5, and 6 of Planet Wisp did all have their own original music, and the DS version had 3 of its own tracks for the zone aswell.

No we just had 3 Planet Wisp + Gameland 8 bit version tracks which was re-used in the other 3 acts after the first 3 acts on Sonic Colours .

Edited by StockingCroft

No we just had 3 Planet Wisp + Gameland 8 bit version tracks which was re-used in the other 3 acts after the first 3 acts on Sonic Colours .

Still, I find it remarkable that they're willing to make another version of Planet Wisp. XD

You're way off the mark there. First of all they're not re-using any pre-existing tracks (jingles not included). Everything is a new remix/remake. Secondly, the Sonic Simulator music was styled after 8-bit tracks, while Generations is doing nothing of the sort. Green Hill is a remastering of the original, while City Escape is a techno-pop remix, a style that better fits with the genre of music from the classic games. Rest assured that none of C.Sonic's music is going to be anything like the Simulator tracks- they're as far from a representation of the classics or what Generations is all about as you can get.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd actually love for Classic Sonic's Planet Wisp to be a remix of the Sonic Simulator theme.