Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'll never understand why these comments are so fucking necessary.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh crap. Modern Sonic's "whooaaaauugh" when he dies. It almost sounds like a hybrid of a grown up Jaleel White Sonic voice with some small semblance of Drummond.

Roger. Stay forevuuuur.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

They're not, they're pointless and annoying.

How about instead of bitching about your fanbase you stop making a big deal out of petty shit and like.....enjoy your time here discussing things.

your right, arguing about the restart option is very important and will determine the overall success of this game

Edited by i don't like pie
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

O-kay...I see the lack of major updates is starting to take it's toll here.

This is really different from how they did the 15th. They fed us a decent sum of updates that got us excited to play the game (before finding out how bad it was), this time they're completely starving us and feeding us small scraps before they give us a king's buffet.

Even the leaks were mere scraps, as we have know idea what everything would look like or handled overall except for a small idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is really different from how they did the 15th. They fed us a decent sum of updates that got us excited to play the game (before finding out how bad it was), this time they're completely starving us and feeding us small scraps before they give us a king's buffet.

Even the leaks were mere scraps, as we have know idea what everything would look like or handled overall except for a small idea.

Well in other hand we are all talking here Hyping for game and talking about small things such as restart button (dont get me wrong. It is important.) So they succed in getting us excited.

I have a sneaky feeling that this month they will show new zone and new rival boss (Gamescom?). And then another trailer on TGS.

Personally, I think the major difference in marketing approach is that this game uses honest trailers. By that I mean it actually shows gameplay footage as you would see it if you were playing the game as opposed to using a ton of fast action smash cuts and cinematic camera angles like they did in 06.

Well in other hand we are all talking here Hyping for game and talking about small things such as restart button (dont get me wrong. It is important.) So they succed in getting us excited.

I have a sneaky feeling that this month they will show new zone and new rival boss (Gamescom?). And then another trailer on TGS.

The restart button important? <_< I'm surprised that this many people weren't bothered by something that REALLY is important (sort of) like the lack of Camera Control.

Also they will be at GamesCom so expect that and they seem to be using the same marketing strategy they used in Unleashed where we get a new trailer every month (if you count the Through the Ages video as a Generations trailer). So by Launch Date we should have a trailer for every level except maybe the final level.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

your right, arguing about the restart option is very important and will determine the overall success of this game

Not every comment you make needs to be snarky and rude. It doesn't make you funny.

Kind of wish I was there for that. ... Kind of. God knows nobody wants to go back to being a Sonic fan in '06. d:

• Thumbs Up 2

The restart button important? <_< I'm surprised that

this many people weren't bothered by something that REALLY is important (sort of) like the lack of Camera Control.

Also they will be at GamesCom so expect that and they seem to be using the same marketing strategy they used in Unleashed where we get a new trailer every month (if you count the Through the Ages video as a Generations trailer). So by Launch Date we should have a trailer for every level except maybe the final level.

Okay, this is getting nowhere, so I'm just gonna change the subject right now...

water_slide_by_segatidbits-d429kqr.jpg

It's official, any Sonic game with a water slide is automatically awesome!

Edited by SegaTidbits
  • Thumbs Up 4

You forgot the Werehog water slide in Eggmanland! 8D

*crickets* *everyone stares*

>_>

<_<

Oh yeah, never happened, got it. Heheheheheheheh *backs away into the shadows nervously laughing*

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, this is getting nowhere, so I'm just gonna change the subject right now...

water_slide_by_segatidbits-d429kqr.jpg

It's official, any Sonic game with a water slide is automatically awesome!

If there are more those small thing like this slide or SA1 pose then this will be best game ever.

Oh and about camera issue in modern green hill. Well maybe its because 2D section dont need camera control and 3D sections are corridors. But thats because its first level, it needs to be easy. I am sure we will have camera controls in open levels such as City Escape.

Why on earth would they have camera controls in one level but not have it in another?

Edited by sjmaster92
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe because camera control can be problematic in Green Hill thats all. And did Unleashed had camera control (HD ver.)

There was camera control in Unleashed. The way it was there, there shouldn't be any problems with it anywhere.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh and about camera issue in modern green hill. Well maybe its because 2D section dont need camera control and 3D sections are corridors. But thats because its first level, it needs to be easy. I am sure we will have camera controls in open levels such as City Escape.

Maybe they will implement it later lets not judge till we see Full Version.

I think we should see it on TGS or Gamescom (latest build)

You know how Colors didn't have ANY camera issues? I don't remember 1 time where I had trouble with the camera except the level being zoomed out a bit.

I have a theory that having a loose camera that you as the player can control, considering how fast Sonic moves, yadda yadda, mess up with the camera like every other 3D game that has had camera control. This means that maybe having a well done fixed camera on Modern Sonic solves the 3D Sonic camera problem.

I'm guessing that the HUBs will have said camera control if it is in fact in 3D (not looking likely from what we have gotten so far though. I say its gonna be 2D).

I have no problem giving up camera control for an over better product in quality for the game I'm playing. If it wasn't a noticeable problem in Colors (cause I really don't remember anyone bitching about camera control), it shouldn't be such a big deal now. Folks we need new info, cause we are honestly diggin the barrel here.

Consider the fact that the camera is going to stay that way in level. Don't set yourself up for a very petty disappointment and accept that thats the way its going to be in the game.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys i know this is off topic of what you guys are currently talking about but, i just watched jack's latest video and when he showed the rank animations it got me thinking, do you think that when we have other characters following us when we get to the rank screen they will have their own animation... or will they just stand there?

Wait...modern Sonics level didnt have the camera option to look around???

This bothered me allot in colors.

A lot of you guys are acting like the XBLA/PSN demo is the latest build. Am I the only one who noticed that there's a newer build than the XBLA/PSN demo? The 20th Anniversary History of Sonic video that SEGA released featured footage of a newer build with a completely different life icon and a smaller boost gauge. Seriously, just watch this video at 2:48-2:52.

EDIT:

I have a feeling that this build will be showcased at Gamescom.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

@SpiderManNoire, It's been brought up before. Its an older build.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir