Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Why would they show him off when he was the half that ruined the game that "gave us the awesome Modern Sonic gameplay we have today?"

Because He still had a great impact on the game. Although bad to some people he was still a big notable piece of the game. If they have professor pickle and Chip in generations I'm sure they'll have the werehog.

Because He still had a great impact on the game. Although bad to some people he was still a big notable piece of the game. If they have professor pickle and Chip in generations I'm sure they'll have the werehog.

The Werehog will most likely in some way make a cameo. Just not be playable is all.

Nah, they won't have playable Werehog in the game simply because he wasn't liked. :v No redemption, nothing. Half of Unleashed never happened.

Guess that's just how it's gonna be.

The Werehog will most likely in some way make a cameo. Just not be playable is all.

Oh i know that.(see my last post) I just thought you meant "why would they put the werehog in the game".

Nah, they won't have playable Werehog in the game simply because he wasn't liked. :v No redemption, nothing. Half of Unleashed never happened.

Wait but if the Werehog makes a cameo in spagonia won't that still mean it happened? This isn't 06 were it never happened. The Unleashed Werehog parts of the story happened.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Even if he won't be playable, I'd be happy with at least a cameo. Unleashed was a large step in Sonic's History after all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even if he won't be playable, I'd be happy with at least a cameo. Unleashed was a large step in Sonic's History after all.

True, as long as we get a cameo I'll be ok, like in a brief cutscene or something.

...though I kinda wanna see chip again too.....

Wait but if the Werehog makes a cameo in spagonia won't that still mean it happened? This isn't 06 were it never happened. Unleashed Werehog parts of the story happened.

I was speaking sarcastically.

Edited by Inferno

Oh i know that.(see my last post) I just thought you meant "why would they put the werehog in the game".

Wait but if the Werehog makes a cameo in spagonia won't that still mean it happened? This isn't 06 were it never happened. Unleashed Werehog parts of the story happened.

He just means the fans pretend it never happened, and SEGA will keep that in mind. We didn't enjoy the werehog (well alot of us didn't) everyone enjoyed the daytime stages though, so that's why they're keeping it. In the end, he'll probably at most get a mention or we might see him in a cutscene.

True, as long as we get a cameo I'll be ok, like in a brief cutscene or something.

...though I kinda wanna see chip again too.....

I was speaking sarcastically.

Wouldn't it be funny if we had Chip and Omochao fighting to see who was more annoying? Chip:want some chocolate?! Omochao:Want Some Help?!

Wait So what do you think Pro. Pickles Role in the game will be? Will it be big or small?

I think it's better off that way. Werehog is one of the main reasons why people hate/bash Unleashed and I know that if Sega ever show off werehog, it's going to kill off the hype for this game and many people will say this game is now ruined. I'm calling it now.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think it's better off that way. Werehog is one of the main reasons why people hate/bash Unleashed and I know that if Sega ever show off werehog, it's going to kill off the hype for this game and many people will say this game is now ruined. I'm calling it now.

• Thumbs Up 2

From my viewpoint, they are being way to cynical about it then, by this logic everyone will fear the game because of Crisis City's Inclusion in the game, and with all the boundaries the fans and critics have set for Sonic Team, which they are pushing with the multiple "Shitty" friends, and all the packed content, Why should they have to play it safe for the Werehog? Which wasn't even the worst Beat 'em Up Platforming they could offer anyway?

Unleashed is universally better then 06, half of the game deserves something.

Okay question Since silver is in generations Does Sonic Know silver yet? Colors Ds isn't Canon apparently And I don't know if the Rival games are Canon in this game. Sonic already knows blaze because of The rush games. Another question is Is this the Silver from 06?

I'm worried that if they bring werehog back, people will turn away from this game and call it another flop.

I wouldn't be surprised if we just saw Pickle chuckling and waving from the front of the University in Modern Sonic's stage, or something like that. Maybe hitting him up for a chat in the hub worlds will be cool but I just don't see how he could fit in beyond a little cameo. I do hope he's there though. I liked Pickle.

But unlike Unleashed where he took up like 50% of the game, in Generations he would take up like 2%, especially if it's just a tiny cutscene cameo.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they have professor pickle and Chip in generations I'm sure they'll have the werehog.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Im tired of the "Crisis City's in the game so the Werehog should be too!" logic. There's a big difference between including a stage from Sonic 06 and including the Werehog from Unleashed.

People didn't hate Sonic 06 because they thought the stage concepts were bad. People thought Sonic 06 was crap because the story was balls, the gameplay sucked, the levels were poorly designed and it was glitchy as Hell. Sonic Unleashed was hated because people thought the Werehog itself sucked.

By putting in the Werehog, you're including the thing that directly contributed to the failure of the game. It'd no different than ST intentionally half-assing Crisis City Generations and then intentionally filling it with glitches.

• Thumbs Up 5

Im tired of the "Crisis City's in the game so the Werehog should be too!" logic. There's a big difference between including a stage from Sonic 06 and including the Werehog from Unleashed.

People didn't hate Sonic 06 because they thought the stage concepts were bad. People thought Sonic 06 was crap because the story was balls, the gameplay sucked, the levels were poorly designed and it was glitchy as Hell. Sonic Unleashed was hated because people thought the Werehog itself sucked.

By putting in the Werehog, you're including the thing that directly contributed to the failure of the game. It'd no different than ST intentionally half-assing Crisis City Generations and then intentionally filling it with glitches.

Here's the thing though, The Werehog doesn't even need to be playable. If people really are going to turn away and hate the game because of one Cameo appearance that will probably last just over a minute then something is very wrong here.

The comparison comes from the fact that SEGA even bothered letting a stage from 06, the game that was the lowest point in the franchise, have an entire stage to pay homage to it, not to mention, Silver.

So we get a character that originated in 06, but not the Werehog? People still talk about how bad Silver is, but he's in the game. So, again, why play it safe for the Werehog?

Silver is one thing that also contributed to the hatred of Sonic 06, Ball puzzle, anyone?

• Thumbs Up 3

Back to my question:

Okay question Since silver is in generations Does Sonic Know silver yet? Colors Ds isn't Canon apparently And I don't know if the Rival games are Canon in this game. Sonic already knows blaze because of The rush games. Another question is Is this the Silver from 06?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the thing though, The Werehog doesn't even need to be playable. If people really are going to turn away and hate the game because of one Cameo appearance that will probably last just over a minute then something is very wrong here.

The comparison comes from the fact that SEGA even bothered letting a stage from 06, the game that was the lowest point in the franchise, have an entire stage to pay homage to it, not to mention, Silver.

So we get a character that originated in 06, but not the Werehog? People still talk about how bad Silver is, but he's in the game. So, again, why play it safe for the Werehog?

Silver is one thing that also contributed to the hatred of Sonic 06, Ball puzzle, anyone?

• Thumbs Up 3