Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Well at E3 Patrick Reilly said there would be no special stages and also tried to give hope for Super Sonic but said he didn't want to spoil the story so it's probably like Unleashed where your possession of the emeralds for the final boss is determined by the story. I really hope so because I HATE special stages with a passion. The only ones I liked were the ones in Sonic Colors.

I don't think so. Yes, he said there's no special stages, but he also said that while the 3DS version will have special stages, in the console version, the Emeralds will be collected in a different way. So my guess is the Emeralds will have to be found somehow, perhaps in certain missions, or after finding enough red rings.. something along those lines.

But what level is going to have swinging in it? Unless it's Seaside Hill or Sky Sanctuary...

City Escape had swinging in it. Remember the E3 demo?

Also when the hell did Seaside Hill or Sky Sanctuary have swinging.

I don't think so. Yes, he said there's no special stages, but he also said that while the 3DS version will have special stages, in the console version, the Emeralds will be collected in a different way. So my guess is the Emeralds will have to be found somehow, perhaps in certain missions, or after finding enough red rings.. something along those lines.

He didn't say Emeralds would be collected in a different way. All he said was "There will be other content that's kind of taking their place". That doesn't mean it involves the emeralds, especially since right after he said that he went "The Chaos Emeralds though, I don't want to give away any spoilers" blah blah blah, so my guess is that the missions will, replace the Special Stages as being the bonus levels in the game. Here's how I think it will go for the Emeralds:

3DS: Collect them in Special Stages for final boss, Super Sonic not playable in regular levels.

Console: The story gives them to you for the final boss but you have to earn them somehow to play Super Sonic in regular levels.

I can't see them making us find them to finish the story. The only time they did that was back in the classics, but back then they had alternate endings so it felt like you still beat the game. I don't recall anything about alternate endings in list of cut-scenes.

Edited by Vec

Oh yeah, I forgot about that E3 demo, but if Seaside Hill can act as the water stage for this game, then it can have swinging!

Yeah but Seaside Hill HAD Water (albeit, you couldn't go under it without dying), they didn't have any swings.

Maybe I am wrong but I have strange feeling that Story-wise emeralds will be held by bosses (6 bosses and we would get last emerald right before time eater)

• Thumbs Up 1

He didn't say Emeralds would be collected in a different way. All he said was "There will be other content that's kind of taking their place". That doesn't mean it involves the emeralds, especially since right after he said that he went "The Chaos Emeralds though, I don't want to give away any spoilers" blah blah blah, so my guess is that the missions will, replace the Special Stages as being the bonus levels in the game. Here's how I think it will go for the Emeralds:

3DS: Collect them in Special Stages for final boss, Super Sonic not playable in regular levels.

Console: The story gives them to you for the final boss but you have to earn them somehow to play Super Sonic in regular levels.

I can't see them making us find them to finish the story. The only time they did that was back in the classics, but back then they had alternate endings so it felt like you still beat the game. I don't recall anything about alternate endings in list of cut-scenes.

That could be true, I just remember hearing in another interview he said they'll be collected in a different way. That could very well mean they'll just pop up in the story, or be found in a mission, or anything like that though, so you're probably right anyway. I'll post a link if I can dig it up. But hey, I don't really mind how they do it, I'm pretty much happy no matter what happens, given how Super Sonic is simply playable in stages in the game, and that we could be getting an epic final Super battle. It's pretty great as a whole.

So far, given the content that's appearing at least, it sounds like they're doing an excellent job in handling it all. I just really hope the bosses shape up well, that's my only concern right now.

Edited by EXshad

Maybe I am wrong but I have strange feeling that Story-wise emeralds will be held by bosses (6 bosses and we would get last emerald right before time eater)

That's a pretty good theory if you ask me.

Edited by SegaTidbits

It's possible. Hell maybe the Emeralds are how they restore time. In Sonic Anniversary titles, Chaos Control usually plays a big role.

Though I wonder why Shadow and Silver would try to keep Chaos Emeralds from Sonic.

It's possible. Hell maybe the Emeralds are how they restore time. In Sonic Anniversary titles, Chaos Control usually plays a big role.

Though I wonder why Shadow and Silver would try to keep Chaos Emeralds from Sonic.

This will also let Rivals use chaos control. And if I think about it double-chaos control can create time-space rift right? (06) Maybe with more power it can reverse process (x4 or x5 chaos control of Sonics, Shadow and Silver or same plus Metal (tho I doubt Metal will help))

Oh and maybe they are mind-controled by time-eater (hell maybe even EGGMAN and Robotnik too). Maybe Time-eater is using them to keep chaos emeralds separate to protect himself from them. Combined with fact that 06 didnt happen (and Silver dont have his "Iblis Trigger" self tho we can speculate (Crisis City)) it will give Silver a motive.

Edited by HUNTER297

Oh and maybe they are mind-controled by time-eater (hell maybe even EGGMAN and Robotnik too). Maybe Time-eater is using them to keep chaos emeralds separate to protect himself from them. Combined with fact that 06 didnt happen (and Silver dont have his "Iblis Trigger" self tho we can speculate (Crisis City)) it will give Silver a motive.

It would be in the past when they were enemies though, so mind-control is unnecessary.

Edited by Lungo

It would be in the past when they were enemies though.

Maybe but this past Silver dont exist. (read my theory on past page (I edited it))

It would be in the past when they were enemies though, so mind-control is unnecessary.

Not necessarily. The Shadow you fight could very well be from the same point in time as Modern Sonic. They did say Sonic's friends are pulled through the time warp with him.

Not necessarily. The Shadow you fight could very well be from the same point in time as Modern Sonic. They did say Sonic's friends are pulled through the time warp with him.

Thats why I think bosses are mind controled.

That's true, but I would have thought they'd take the easiest route for the plot and leave at least the rivals behind.

Maybe but this past Silver dont exist. (read my theory on past page (I edited it))

I can see them just using the Silver from '06 regardless and suggesting it's an alternate timeline, given that Crisis City is in the game. Still Silver's a odd one; who knows.

I think it would be interesting for Sonic to experience the rivals as he did the past, them not knowing him but him with the obvious benefit of hindsight. The mind control idea is nice but it would take away at least some of the characters' personality. I'd personally prefer them to attack him of their own free will.

Edited by Lungo

That's true, but I would have thought they'd take the easiest route for the plot and leave at least the rivals behind.

I can see them just using the Silver from '06 regardless and suggesting it's an alternate timeline, given that Crisis City is in the game. Still Silver's a odd one; who knows.

I think it would be interesting for Sonic to experience the rivals as he did the past, them not knowing him but him with the obvious benefit of hindsight. The mind control idea is nice but it would take away at least some of the characters' personality. I'd personally prefer them to attack him of their own free will.

Yeah. I have other idea then. Maybe Time Eater erased the memory of Sonic friends so they dont remember him. That would give all motive.

Yeah. I have other idea then. Maybe Time Eater erased the memory of Sonic friends so they dont remember him. That would give all motive.

Wouldn't that technically still fall under mind control? I mean its still messing with people's heads.

Wouldn't that technically still fall under mind control? I mean its still messing with people's heads.

Well maybe other words. I think he would erase Sonic from timeline.

I somehow doubt you'll get them after beating the bosses, only because, again, there's 6 bosses and 7 Emeralds. My guess is that you could get them after beating certain missions in certain levels, sort of like how you found the World Rings in Secret Rings. Either that, or each Emerald could be unlocked after collecting a certain number of red rings in the game. That, or the Emeralds conveniently materialize by the end of the game and Super Sonic is simply unlocked after beating the final boss.

Honestly, I ain't gonna be picky, so I'd be happy with any of those options, so long as we are indeed getting Super Sonic :P

I somehow doubt you'll get them after beating the bosses, only because, again, there's 6 bosses and 7 Emeralds. My guess is that you could get them after beating certain missions in certain levels, sort of like how you found the World Rings in Secret Rings. Either that, or each Emerald could be unlocked after collecting a certain number of red rings in the game. That, or the Emeralds conveniently materialize by the end of the game and Super Sonic is simply unlocked after beating the final boss.

Honestly, I ain't gonna be picky, so I'd be happy with any of those options, so long as we are indeed getting Super Sonic tongue.gif

Well the red rings are confirmed to have something to do with the missions. Maybe unlocking the mission?

Honestly, I ain't gonna be picky, so I'd be happy with any of those options, so long as we are indeed getting Super Sonic tongue.gif

We are. As of two hours ago, I've seen them with my own eyes.

We are. As of two hours ago, I've seen them with my own eyes.

WHAAA.....?! Explain please. Have you seen cut-scenes or something? WHY DO YOU SPOIL YOURSELF?????(joking)

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Well the red rings are confirmed to have something to do with the missions. Maybe unlocking the mission?

My guess is that you get 1 Red Ring after completing a mission.

With those Red Rings you unlock levels in the Genesis Emulator.

After completing a mission in the emulator you will receive an Emerald. ^^

Just an idea. :P

WHAAA.....?! Explain please.

You know, I should never have even said that.

You know those Sa1 vids where they replaced regular Sonic with Super Sonic? Same case here. No I'm not making a video about it because SEGA will clone me a hundred times, kill all 101 of me, and mount the heads on their fireplaces if I show that. Hell, I shouldn't have even said that I did that.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I should never have even said that.

You know those Sa1 vids where they replaced regular Sonic with Super Sonic? Same case here. No I'm not making a video about it because SEGA will clone me a hundred times, kill all 101 of me, and mount the heads on their fireplaces if I show that. Hell, I shouldn't have even said that I did that.

Well do you have a xbox? if so can you join me in a party?PM me.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost