Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I think he shouldn't know both Silver and Blaze, since this game is following the main canon, both should have been erased from Sonic's memory...unless this time and space mess up also altered this

He should know blaze because the 3ds version of generations might have a rush stage. Unless it's not canon.mellow.gif Oh and I don't know if Rivals will be included as a 3ds stage so that's open for debate.

Chip? No. Highly doubt he's returning.

Why not?sad.gif He should at least get a cameo next to the Werehog or something. Or make a brief appearance in Rooftop Run. I'm guessing The Generations will take place before Chip Goes back to sleep in the world.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Im tired of the "Crisis City's in the game so the Werehog should be too!" logic. There's a big difference between including a stage from Sonic 06 and including the Werehog from Unleashed.

People didn't hate Sonic 06 because they thought the stage concepts were bad. People thought Sonic 06 was crap because the story was balls, the gameplay sucked, the levels were poorly designed and it was glitchy as Hell. Sonic Unleashed was hated because people thought the Werehog itself sucked.

By putting in the Werehog, you're including the thing that directly contributed to the failure of the game. It'd no different than ST intentionally half-assing Crisis City Generations and then intentionally filling it with glitches.

Sonic Unleashed was hated because people thought the Werehog itself sucked.

Most peoples' complaints with the Werehog had to do with how tedious and uninspired the levels were. If they had been less repetitive and focused on the platforming segments more than the fighting segments, it probably wouldn't have gotten as much criticism.

Nothing can really just 'suck' of its own accord. There's always reasons for it. You can't just blame Crisis City's suck on external factors and label Werehog's suck as something innate that could never have been any different. There'll be plenty of people who facepalm at Crisis City's inclusion because it reminds them of that shitty 06 game, just as people will facepalm at Werehog's inclusion if it comes to pass. It doesn't really make a huge difference to me whether or not Werehog is included, but if he is I'm certainly not going to see it and think "Oh this reminds me of Sonic Unleashed dry.gif," I'm going to think "Oh, this reminds me of Sonic Unleashed! happy.gif" There's no denying there's a large group of people who didn't like Unleashed, but there's a large group who loved it, too. Sonic Unleashed was not a failure.

It doesn't matter. Even the small sight of him will turn people against this game and you know how the media likes to overexaggerate things when it comes to Sonic.

I want Generations to get good scores and reviews and whatnot too, but if the media were to flip out over a mere cameo of the Werehog, then fuck the media.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 5

The media won't flip out over a cameo in game...however SEGA had better not be dumb enough to tease the cameo in any way, because THAT will cause a shitstorm.

And I would argue that the Werehog was an inherently suckish concept. Beyond the fact that the gameplay was completely the opposite of what Sonic is supposed to be, the Werehog was a stupid idea. Seriously, Sonic turning into a wolf was the dumbest concept I've seen come out of the series.

• Thumbs Up 2

The media won't flip out over a cameo in game...however SEGA had better not be dumb enough to tease the cameo in any way, because THAT will cause a shitstorm.

And I would argue that the Werehog was an inherently suckish concept. Beyond the fact that the gameplay was completely the opposite of what Sonic is supposed to be, the Werehog was a stupid idea. Seriously, Sonic turning into a wolf was the dumbest concept I've seen come out of the series.

I wouldn't call him the exact opposite here...

He had platforming, Ironically he most likely had more platforming then the day stages, it was slow platforming, but still.

Now calling him the dumbest concept is all opinion, but I wouldn't call fishing and treasure hunting any better.tongue.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

What's a Sonic game supposed to be?

Werehog falls in the same category as mech shooting, treasure hunting, fishing, telekinesis, etc. in that it's something very different. Would you say all of those aren't what Sonic is supposed to be, either? If so, I guess that's your prerogative, but then you're removing about a third of the franchise's gameplay. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Sonic is a franchise of variety. Maybe that's not how it started, but it's not 1991 anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

I want Generations to get good scores and reviews and whatnot too, but if the media were to flip out over a mere cameo of the Werehog, then fuck the media.

Yeah they will, the media have very shallow views of the Sonic series and act like the game is doomed to fail cause of werehog like they have done with Unleashed. They bashed Unleashed and wrote articles about why the game will be horrible way before it came out. I don't like the werehog either but I'm not going to over-react and say that the rest of the game sucks cause he's in it.

The reason why I'm so concern cause I want this game to help Sonic's reputation and I'm hoping that this won't give people more reasons why they want the series to die.

I remember one of the Sonic Colors blogs saying:

'Chip might return in a future title'

But after looking through the blogs, I guess it was deleted.

Anybody else remember this?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah they will, the media have very shallow views of the Sonic series and act like the game is doomed to fail cause of werehog like they have done with Unleashed. They bashed Unleashed and wrote articles about why the game will be horrible way before it came out. I don't like the werehog either but I'm not going to over-react and say that the rest of the game sucks cause he's in it.

The reason why I'm so concern cause I want this game to help Sonic's reputation and I'm hoping that this won't give people more reasons why they want the series to die.

Same here, Sonic's only been going up lately and I want that trend to continue just as much as everyone else, but at the same time I wouldn't want Sega to keep something out of a game just out of fear of immature critic reactions. That goes for everything, not just the notion of a Werehog cameo. And if a few whiny critics have a problem with ridiculous little things like that, I'm pretty confident those critics will be disregarded or criticized anyway, just like IGN was for its ridiculously low rating of Unleashed, and pretty much every site that dissed Colors.

We all know Jim is going to say something about the werehog cameo or inclusion of Crisis city. That is for sure. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

We all know Jim is going to say something about the werehog cameo or inclusion of Crisis city. That is for sure. tongue.gif

Good thing nobody cares what he thinks. ^_^

Case and point.

• Thumbs Up 5

Good thing nobody cares what he thinks. happy.gif

Case and point.

Well there are some sadly. Look: http://www.destructo...rs-187691.phtml read the first few comments. Even when there are lots of positive reviews and things that are said about the game one bad review is all it takes for some people to lose interest and say "I knew the game would be bad.".sleep.gif Even if it's jim view on it. They just want a reason not to like it. They can't use there own minds to come up with a opinion they have to rely on someone else's.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol that Sonic standing on the wall glitch just happened to me and here's my report:

I was trying to turn around so Sonic hit the brakes but then got stuck standing on the slope, I couldn't move him, he was stuck there. This lasted for one second. So it's not physics, it's just a bug that by now has probably been fixed.

Anyway why is it that everything I have said this week that wasn't about Super Sonic has started an argument (getting longer and longer each time)? I don't even see why this is such a big deal. The werehog isn't a playable character, you have nothing to bitch about. If he's on a bilboard advertising chilli dogs, that has no impact on the game. Hell let me dramatize a Werehog, Professor, and Chip cameo all in one for you:

*Both Sonics arrive at Spagonia*

M Sonic: Oh hey I remember this place, this is where we went to see the Professor.

C Sonic: *looks at Modern Sonic in a way that indicates he has no idea what he's talking about*

M Sonic: Uhh...it's a long story. Let's just say I got turned into this weird werewolf thing with stretchy arms and met this fairy chihuahua thing and we put the fragmented world back together.

C Sonic: *eyes widen to indicate that he is a little surprised by how strange that story sounds*

M Sonic: *Looks at the bracelet Chip left behind and a moment of silence passes as he remember his friend*

There, would that ruin the game?

Oh yeah and for anyone who tries the whole, "the Werehog ruined Unleashed" thing, I refer you to Sa2, which is a great game despite those God awful treasure hunting levels (worse than the Werehog by a long shot) and those mech levels which were cheap excuses for Gamma levels.

• Thumbs Up 9

Well there are some sadly. Look: http://www.destructo...rs-187691.phtml read the first few comments. Even when there are lots of positive reviews and things that are said about the game one bad review is all it takes for some people to lose interest and say "I knew the game would be bad.".sleep.gif Even if it's jim view on it. They just want a reason not to like it. They can't use there own minds to come up with a opinion they have to rely on someone else's.

Then those people are sheep and they're not interested in the game anyway (I'm not talking about just Sonic. ANY review that Jim gives a poor review on has comments like that). People can't play the games themselves and make up their own opinion anymore. I wouldn't trust Jim or any critic to tell me what games to like or avoid. Most of the games that the critics loves and praise don't really appeal to me at all and sometimes the games that they hate and give low ratings to I had enjoyed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anywho changing the topic to a less depressing chat, So anyone think that the 3ds version of Generations will have Sonic Rivals stages? I mean the console version is getting a colors stage so why not the 3ds get a stage from a exclusive game?

Silver And Sonic shouldn't recognize each other Since in this timeline They have not met.(If generations 3ds has a rivals stage then there goes my theory.dry.gif )

And my last thing to say is Chip should at least get a brief appearance in Spagonia whether by the Werehog or alone hanging around somewhere in RR. Generations Spagonia is before Chip goes back into the earth I think.

Anywho changing the topic to a less depressing chat, So anyone think that the 3ds version of Generations will have Sonic Rivals stages? I mean the console version is getting a colors stage so why not the 3ds get a stage from a exclusive game?

Silver And Sonic shouldn't recognize each other Since in this timeline They have not met.(If generations 3ds has a rivals stage then there goes my theory.dry.gif )

And my last thing to say is Chip should at least get a brief appearance in Spagonia whether by the Werehog or alone hanging around somewhere in RR. Generations Spagonia is before Chip goes back into the earth I think.

For the DS version? I don't think so. Iizuka said they were using stages from the GBA and DS version, and given how the game's confirmed to have only 7 stages, the chances of seeing a Rivals stage is slim to none.

Also, as to how Silver or Shadow don't recognize Sonic as an ally, consider that these battles take place in the original time-frame as the games they come from, given the time-traveling in the game. It'd make perfect sense as to why Silver would want to fight Sonic if the Silver of Sonic 2006 thinks he's the Iblis Trigger, for example.

Probably not, although I'd support Sky Park being in the game.

There's only 7 zones. Which probably means one zone each from:

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

For the DS version? I don't think so. Iizuka said they were using stages from the GBA and DS version, and given how the game's confirmed to have only 7 stages, the chances of seeing a Rivals stage is slim to none.

Also, as to how Silver or Shadow don't recognize Sonic as an ally, consider that these battles take place in the original time-frame as the games they come from, given the time-traveling in the game. It'd make perfect sense as to why Silver would want to fight Sonic if the Silver of Sonic 2006 thinks he's the Iblis Trigger, for example.

I know that, I'm asking if Sonic would recognize Silver since The generations timeine apparently shows they haven't met yet.

Except that bit never happened.

Silver: I'm going to kill you

Sonic (yes I know Classic Sonic is mute shut up): Why, you don't even know who I am.

Silver: Because................YOU HAVE BLACK EYES!!!!!!!!

Sonic: *sarcasm* Well then I know one guy you'd looooove to meet.

Where'd you hear there would be only 7 stages?

About Sonic knowing Silver or not...

Firsty, with Crisis City back, I can expect the Time Eater to somehow fuck up time/space enough that some fragments of 06's story come back to fruition. Therefore, Silver and his Ibwis Twigger ways will be be back in full force because he is not to be twifled with.

At the end of 06, it is hinted that Sonic and Elise, although not remembering each other, had kept some semblance of their memories of the events in the game, it would give an excuse for Sonic to know Silver, and Silver to be his enemy because Sonic is in a time where Silver was after his original objective.

It'd also add to the mystery of how Time Eater did this in the first place, and just what type of force he is.

....Sense...did I make any?

• Thumbs Up 1

About Sonic knowing Silver or not...

Firsty, with Crisis City back, I can expect the Time Eater to somehow fuck up time/space enough that some fragments of 06's story come back to fruition. Therefore, Silver and his Ibwis Twigger ways will be be back in full force because he is not to be twifled with.

At the end of 06, it is hinted that Sonic and Elise, although not remembering each other, had kept some semblance of their memories of the events in the game, it would give an excuse for Sonic to know Silver, and Silver to be his enemy because Sonic is in a time where Silver was after his original objective.

It'd also add to the mystery of how Time Eater did this in the first place, and just what type of force he is.

....Sense...did I make any?

Yes it makes some sense but would that mean we have see mephiles again? Because mephiles was the reason of silver trying to kill sonic? This would also mean the future silver if any would cease to exist. plus we might be able to see a disabled omega.

Yes it makes some sense but would that mean we have see mephiles again? Because mephiles was the reason of silver trying to kill sonic? This would also mean the future silver if any would cease to exist. plus we might be able to see a disabled omega.

Yeah, didn't think the entire thing through, it was just a small assumption.

In that case it could go in either direction..

1. Silver's reason for attacking the Ibwis Twigger is retconned so Mephiles had nothing to do with it.
  2. Mephiles makes a re-appearance, only being a cameo as the Time Eater could take care of him somehow. (Absorbing? Taking him out because Solaris would be a huge pain in the ass? I thing the latter.)
  3. Time Eater is using some type of Mind Control, Mentally Caging Silver as symbolism that he is trapped just like your other friends.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, didn't think the entire thing through, it was just a small assumption.

In that case it could go in either direction..

1. Silver's reason for attacking the Ibwis Twigger is retconned so Mephiles had nothing to do with it.
  2. Mephiles makes a re-appearance, only being a cameo as the Time Eater could take care of him somehow. (Absorbing? Taking him out because Solaris would be a huge pain in the ass? I thing the latter.)
  3. Time Eater is using some type of Mind Control, Mentally Caging Silver as symbolism that he is trapped just like your other friends.

Any of those reasons I would like but if I had to choose 2 or 3 would be my favorite!wink.gif BTW when you say Taking him out I seem to think that Time eater knocks him out with a rock and drags him in a alley for some reason.mellow.gif

Probably not, although I'd support Sky Park being in the game.

There's only 7 zones. Which probably means one zone each from:

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

Actually, I think it may turn out that the 3DS version will have all three advance games and only Sonic 1 and 2, seeing as they both had gamegear versions