Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'd actually love for Classic Sonic's Planet Wisp to be a remix of the Sonic Simulator theme.

I'm curious- why? It wouldn't fit at all. It clashes with the style of Generations sound, graphic and overall theme.

I'm curious- why? It wouldn't fit at all. It clashes with the style of Generations sound, graphic and overall theme.

Probabaly because it has that retro feel, and theme to it, I'm guessing.

But as far as Sonic is concerned, there's nothing retro about it. Sonic never was an 8bit series. He had side titles on 8bit systems (which are being ignored in Generations), but they were secondary to the main 16bit games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it'd be a good tribute to the gamegear Sonic games I guess, but the only nostalgia I have for those are for Sonic 1's music, and Sonic Triple Trouble.

@BlueBlood

The Genesis was a 16 bit system, Sonic was never meant to be just a 16 bit series. Hell, the Genesis only limited some of the things that they probably wanted to do with the Sonic games. Whether or not Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble are as important as the classics depends on the person, the poster of Nack in City Escape shows that they atleast acknowledge the existance of the games.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't law out any possibilities for this game, do I have high hopes for Sonic Chaos references? Hell no, I couldn't care less, I just think that anything could happen.

Edited by SuperClassic

You're way off the mark there. First of all they're not re-using any pre-existing tracks (jingles not included). Everything is a new remix/remake. Secondly, the Sonic Simulator music was styled after 8-bit tracks, while Generations is doing nothing of the sort. Green Hill is a remastering of the original, while City Escape is a techno-pop remix, a style that better fits with the genre of music from the classic games. Rest assured that none of C.Sonic's music is going to be anything like the Simulator tracks- they're as far from a representation of the classics or what Generations is all about as you can get.

• Thumbs Up 1

@BlueBlood

The Genesis was a 16 bit system, Sonic was never meant to be just a 16 bit series. Hell, the Genesis only limited some of the things that they probably wanted to do with the Sonic games. Whether or not Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble are as important as the classics depends on the person, the poster of Nack in City Escape shows that they atleast acknowledge the existance of the games.

That just backs up my point really. Sonic games have always tried to push boundaries, so why be limited to a primitive style of music when games nowadays can offer so much more? And no, it doesn't depend on the person. The 8bit titles always were the secondary titles to the 16bit ones. They're rarely acknowledged by SEGA and Sonic is famous for what he did for the MegaDrive.

Anyway... off topic much?

Edited by SuperClassic

EDIT: God damnit, how'd I manage to post this in the wrong topic?

Edited by SuperClassic

This might as well be the Generations Megathread, included with Spoiler Warnings. tongue.gif

I see that as my cue to get us on topic by hinting at something I found out in the demo.

Both Super Sonic have their own rank poses this time as opposed to Sonic Colors or the classics where when you finish a stage, the character goes back to normal. Both Super Sonics appear to perform the same poses however.

As for when to expect levels to be revealed and when playable builds will be released, My guess is they'll give us one trailer every month like they did with Unleashed and Colors (I'm counting the Through the Ages video as a Sonic Gens Trailer) and that like Unleashed, each Trailer will contain a new level revealed except for one (through the ages) which will instead give us a two minute preview at the rock theme for the game (Live an Learn remix). My guess is we'll either see Chemical Plant, or a Modern era level in the next trailer.

I see that as my cue to get us on topic by hinting at something I found out in the demo.

Both Super Sonic have their own rank poses this time as opposed to Sonic Colors or the classics where when you finish a stage, the character goes back to normal. Both Super Sonics appear to perform the same poses however.

As for when to expect levels to be revealed and when playable builds will be released, My guess is they'll give us one trailer every month like they did with Unleashed and Colors (I'm counting the Through the Ages video as a Sonic Gens Trailer) and that like Unleashed, each Trailer will contain a new level revealed except for one (through the ages) which will instead give us a two minute preview at the rock theme for the game (Live an Learn remix). My guess is we'll either see Chemical Plant, or a Modern era level in the next trailer.

Interesting, I always liked the idea of Sonic staying super after finishing a level.

So you didn't encounter any glitches or bugs while changing both Sonic's to give them their Super attributes like models, textures, etc.? I'm curious because it seems strange to leave the Super Sonic data of all things in the demo, that was some surprising info to start with.

...Wow, that Article makes it look like such a big deal! It isn't even that bad, and it's a rare glitch as well. At least the comments aren't taking it that bad. huh.gif

the vid shows it's not ez to recreate

so i'm not worried

Edited by i don't like pie

http://www.tssznews....in-generations/

lets see how many will read the article before they judge

*points to avatar* That's how I feel about this video!

This has ruined my entire goddamned life for beyond forever. Fucking phantom Buzz Bombers! So does this little mock outbrust warrant a like?

Interesting, I always liked the idea of Sonic staying super after finishing a level.

So you didn't encounter any glitches or bugs while changing both Sonic's to give them their Super attributes like models, textures, etc.? I'm curious because it seems strange to leave the Super Sonic data of all things in the demo, that was some surprising info to start with.

Well there is the fact that Sonic reverts to his regular appearance but gold when he does animations that aren't Super Sonic animations such as grinding.

Funny thing is, the spikes are still partially sticking up and with Classic Super Sonic, when his hair goes down, it looks like he's got the Sa1 and Sa2 thing going with looking like Shadow.

Also this brings up another point, I'm pretty sure now there is NO WAY that the werehog will appear what so ever in this game. The reason I say this is because we have assets for Super Sonic in regular levels, Knuckles, and Orange Rocket and we also have programming for Pink Spikes, none of which were in Unleashed, which this game was built directly on top of, and yet there is no models, animations, or programming for the Werehog. Considering how this game was built on Unleashed, that means he would have been there from the start of the just like Modern Sonic was. So his not being there means they removed him from the game.

People need to relax, its like every little detail that is wrong on the demo (not the final build) its a reason to rage or get really concerned. I mean I get the felling of doubt because of sonic 4, but this game is being made by sonic team not dimps and from what I see from the demo its much more close to the classics than sonic 4 was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well there is the fact that Sonic reverts to his regular appearance but gold when he does animations that aren't Super Sonic animations such as grinding.

Funny thing is, the spikes are still partially sticking up and with Classic Super Sonic, when his hair goes down, it looks like he's got the Sa1 and Sa2 thing going with looking like Shadow.

Also this brings up another point, I'm pretty sure now there is NO WAY that the werehog will appear what so ever in this game. The reason I say this is because we have assets for Super Sonic in regular levels, Knuckles, and Orange Rocket and we also have programming for Pink Spikes, none of which were in Unleashed, which this game was built directly on top of, and yet there is no models, animations, or programming for the Werehog. Considering how this game was built on Unleashed, that means he would have been there from the start of the just like Modern Sonic was. So his not being there means they removed him from the game.

I see, I really wish I could see them in action, but if you made a video SEGA will have your head. rolleyes.gif

...No Werehog?

That's...disappointing. I mean it was a cold deal to start with, but seeing as 06 got recognition, AND Sonic CD, Also Fang, Bean(?), Mighty, And Ray got cameos in City Escape I thought they'd show off the Werehog in SOME shape or form, I mean, he was half of the game that gave us the Awesome Modern Sonic gameplay we have today...

Ah well, we have the rest of the game to look forward to right? happy.gif

I see, I really wish I could see them in action, but if you made a video SEGA will have your head. rolleyes.gif

...No Werehog?

That's...disappointing. I mean it was a cold deal to start with, but seeing as 06 got recognition, AND Sonic CD, Also Fang, Bean(?), Mighty, And Ray got cameos in City Escape I thought they'd show off the Werehog in SOME shape or form, I mean, he was half of the game that gave us the Awesome Modern Sonic gameplay we have today...

Ah well, we have the rest of the game to look forward to right? happy.gif

Ok he's still eligible for a cameo or something but we're not playing as him.

Ok he's still eligible for a cameo or something but we're not playing as him.

YES!!! I really wanted to see him as a cameo in a cut-scene or something like that! We might still get him! Edit:i Think I'll keep my excitement inside!

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I mean it was a cold deal to start with, but seeing as 06 got recognition, AND Sonic CD, Also Fang, Bean(?), Mighty, And Ray got cameos in City Escape I thought they'd show off the Werehog in SOME shape or form, I mean, he was half of the game that gave us the Awesome Modern Sonic gameplay we have today...

Why would they show him off when he was the half that ruined the game that "gave us the awesome Modern Sonic gameplay we have today?"

• Thumbs Up 3