Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

How amazing would it be if they had trophies of famous Nintendo employees.

Like, and bring back the trophy match events.

And um...

Okay I'll be straight - I just want a stage that is Iwata holding the bananas.  I would like to fight on that.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7

Just to tone down to realistic levels of expectation - I'd say as long as there's some reference to "My body is ready" perhaps, I will be SUCH a happy fan.

• Thumbs Up 4

How amazing would it be if they had trophies of famous Nintendo employees.

Like, and bring back the trophy match events.

And um...

Okay I'll be straight - I just want a stage that is Iwata holding the bananas.  I would like to fight on that.

Iwata bringing his assist trophy power

DIRECTURY TO U!

I think everyone on Earth would be happy if Reggie was playable in the next Smash...it's really too bad he'd break the game since his body would always be ready.

I don't even know what his Final Smash would be.  He's already hit the roof as far as badassery.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think everyone on Earth would be happy if Reggie was playable in the next Smash...it's really too bad he'd break the game since his body would always be ready.

I don't even know what his Final Smash would be.  He's already hit the roof as far as badassery.

We finally find out what his body was ready for.

But of course... You cannot grasp the true form of Reggie's final smash.

• Thumbs Up 8

He'd say the magic quote and his body would turn metallic giving him the ability to knock enemies and also reduce damage for a short period of time

We finally find out what his body was ready for.

But of course... You cannot grasp the true form of Reggie's final smash.

this fucking site won't let me like this enough

Big damn trucks

As much as I'd love to see Reggie as a playable character, I would rather see him as the final boss, to see if the Nintendo characters can defeat a body as great as Reggies. This would be his boss music.  

Easy GOTY advice right there, Nintendo.

Edited by Forrest Gump

So guys I just realized something...

reggiec.jpg

+

giygas.jpg

=

regigigas.jpg

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 7

Man, a Reggie assist trophie would be epic!

Forget that. Make Reggie an actual character!

Forget that. Make Reggie an actual character!

Reggie occupies all spots on the tier list. Two new tier lists are created to compensate: one for all the video game fighters, and another empty list in-between the two so as to not sully Reggie with the mere mortal skill of the regulars.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd love to see some of the eShop characters make it into Smash 4 somehow.

Dillon would be pretty awesome. I guess his B attacks would be setting up different turrets?

A Pullblox stage could be interesting too, with Mallo hopping around in the background, changing the layout.

If Electroplankton of all things can get it's own stage in Brawl I don't think we can rule out eShop characters just yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell, there was a PictoChat stage. I'm sure we'll see the new eShop franchises in some form. Whether that be stage, character, or assist trophy.

Well as long as we're talking stage requests, I still haven't seen that Tetris stage everyone has been asking for since Brawl. Though I'll definently have to second some Pullblox representation, if only because that might actually be easier from a Smash standpoint.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the subject of Tetris in Smash Bros... I've always been confused about that, isn't Tetris a third party game? Why did it have music in Brawl if it's not a Nintendo franchise?

It's mainly associated with Nintendo since it was packaged with the original Game Boy. 

As far as publishers go, the rights are all over the place:

Capture-6_zpsfb5797df.png

Edited by y cant solkia crawl

On the subject of Tetris in Smash Bros... I've always been confused about that, isn't Tetris a third party game? Why did it have music in Brawl if it's not a Nintendo franchise?

Y'know Sonic and Metal Gear aren't Nintendo franchises either right.

But no in all seriousness, it's as Solkia said, most people relate Tetris to Nintendo.  They probably only even needed to require the rights to use the name, considering the two songs are based off classical/folk music anyway.

Oh, I forgot, but it's also associated with Nintendo from the Nintendo World Championships. It was one of the 3 games the finalists had to play, as well as the most important one.

Y'know Sonic and Metal Gear aren't Nintendo franchises either right.

Well yeah of course, but they got particular attention for being "guest" inclusions. Tetris music was just.. there, no fanfare, no explanation.

I guess maybe Tetris is the kind of thing you don't need rights for, or something.

Oooh I second a Tetris stage, I reckon that'd be quite fun if they worked it in properly.

What I don't want this time around is lame retro stages like 75m and Mario Bros. I struggle to find any redeeming features with these stages, they're just so lazily put together and awkward to fight on, 75m especially. By all means have them playable in 'Masterpieces' but not as stages. Mushroomy Kingdom also falls under this category but too a lesser extent due to actually having new graphics, as sucky as they may be.

Oooh I second a Tetris stage, I reckon that'd be quite fun if they worked it in properly.

What I don't want this time around is lame retro stages like 75m and Mario Bros. I struggle to find any redeeming features with these stages, they're just so lazily put together and awkward to fight on, 75m especially. By all means have them playable in 'Masterpieces' but not as stages. Mushroomy Kingdom also falls under this category but too a lesser extent due to actually having new graphics, as sucky as they may be.

I didn't have any problem with 75m and Mario Bros.  They're gimmick stages after all, quite tucked away as unlockables.  And the point in Mario Bros. is to throw the 8-bit enemies at your opponents to KO them as damage from those sends players directly sideways and off the map.

75m... yeah I don't recall anything particularly unique there, it is just an odd stage.