Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

I'd like Classic Mode to become more randomised again like it was in Melee.  Or have a "set" mode and a "random" mode.  I didn't like that in Brawl you never ever will fight giant Link for example.  I also like the idea of having a randomised boss fight from story mode thrown in at the halfway point perhaps.  And we need more bonus stages, and character exclusive ones again.  Race to the Finish was awesome in Melee and I want another one.  All-Star mode should be randomised again too I think, or end with something unique.  Olimar you're a great dude but you're no finale.

As for non-floaty bosses... hmm... they could always make it so, if they do respond to you hitting them, they have temporary invincibility after a major point of damage is done, so it's not always possible to juggle/floor them the entire fight like one can with regular opponents and enough skill.  This could vary from boss to boss though.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think Classic Mode needs better minigames again too, seriously bring back race to the finish or board the platforms, if nothing but for old time's sake! And Classic Mode could also benefit from co op, especially if you're trying to unlock characters but you have friends round and etc, which was often a problem with Brawl.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like Classic Mode to become more randomised again like it was in Melee.  Or have a "set" mode and a "random" mode.  I didn't like that in Brawl you never ever will fight giant Link for example.  I also like the idea of having a randomised boss fight from story mode thrown in at the halfway point perhaps.  And we need more bonus stages, and character exclusive ones again.  Race to the Finish was awesome in Melee and I want another one.  All-Star mode should be randomised again too I think, or end with something unique.  Olimar you're a great dude but you're no finale.

Didn't Melee All Star mode always end in the hoard of Game and Watches though?  That was pretty hilarious and I'd quite like to see that again personally XD

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Didn't Melee All Star mode always end in the hoard of Game and Watches though?  That was pretty hilarious and I'd quite like to see that again personally XD

Yeah haha.  Somehow Mr Game and Watch felt better as a finale since he WAS the final character you unlock (probably) and is literally the oldest character in the game as far as I'm aware.  Olimar may have been the newest IP but it doesn't really have anything "final" or special feeling about it despite that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah haha.  Somehow Mr Game and Watch felt better as a finale since he WAS the final character you unlock (probably) and is literally the oldest character in the game as far as I'm aware.  Olimar may have been the newest IP but it doesn't really have anything "final" or special feeling about it despite that.

please jez

dere were two of em

• Thumbs Up 4

I think Classic Mode needs better minigames again too, seriously bring back race to the finish or board the platforms, if nothing but for old time's sake! And Classic Mode could also benefit from co op, especially if you're trying to unlock characters but you have friends round and etc, which was often a problem with Brawl.

So basically like Melee's adventure mode? Because I have no problem with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Melee's Adventure mode didn't have board the platforms or co op. Melee's adventure mode was good, but I don't mind Classic Mode feeling more like "arcade" mode, it just needs mini games again. :3 (and co op)

I never minded anything like Board the Platforms or Race to the Finish because they were just fun little minigames that let you take a breather from the fighting. I forgot, did Brawl have a new minigame or not?

Also I hope if they bring back Events, they make them more interesting like Melee. I remember most of Melee's being fun and interesting gimmick fights, but most of Brawl's was "eh.."

As for Adventure/Story mode. Just give us Melee's Adventure mode mixed with the character cutscenes/a story.

in case you can't tell, I'm secretly hoping for another Melee

Melee-styled Adventure Mode with character interactions, AND diverging paths to levels and fights that can be achieved by completing a certain objective within the level or finding an alternate exit.

Basically Adventure Mode crossed with the missions of Starfox 64, and the alternate exits of Super Mario Land 2/Super Mario World.

Make me happy, please, Nintendo.

Afaik Brawl didn't introduce any new minigames which made classic mode feel a little dull, especially as there were only 3 kinds of break the targets stages that could be played by all characters. What happened to characters having their own break the targets stage!

• Thumbs Up 3

Melee-styled Adventure Mode with character interactions, AND diverging paths to levels and fights that can be achieved by completing a certain objective within the level or finding an alternate exit.

Basically Adventure Mode crossed with the missions of Starfox 64, and the alternate exits of Super Mario Land 2/Super Mario World.

Make me happy, please, Nintendo.

So the first stage is mushroom kingdom. Find Falco/Fox/Wolf/Falcon/Olimar/who else has a spaceship getting beaten up somewhere. Save him and you go to bonus stage 2 instead of normal stage 2 complete with him thanking you and a cutscene showing your character and guy with ship jumping in his ship to fly to another planet.

If you go on to the normal exit you have a battle between a Mario character or two.

Or you can find a warp pipe somewhere to go to a Paper Mario stage.

Something like that would be interesting

Afaik Brawl didn't introduce any new minigames which made classic mode feel a little dull, especially as there were only 5 kinds of break the targets stages that could be played by all characters. What happened to characters having their own break the targets stage!

Fix'd :>  Levels 1 to 5.  Though I agree, character exclusive target tests should return.

I know it's basically illegal to criticize Melee in any way, but I have to say that the Adventure Mode in that game was kind of lackluster to me, because it felt like a slightly more involved version of the Classic Mode.  You're just going to random places and fighting people there, and maybe doing some platforming while you're at it.  Say what you will about Subspace Emissary, but I appreciated the fact that they actually attempted to tell a story with it, and made it feel substantially different from the Classic Mode.

I also liked the idea that All Star Mode had, where you fight your way through the years of Nintendo's history, but I'll agree that the "finale" was lame.  Maybe it would have worked better if they had gone backwards?

I know it's basically illegal to criticize Melee in any way

It is?

Besides the lack of Mewtwo, I prefer Brawl in almost every way.

SSB needs more Sonic. Brawl felt weird because almost everyone had a rival and ally. Except Sonic. He was alone in this game, so I am hoping to see Robotnik, Shadow, and/or maybe even Tails or Knuckles.

I really hope they do not include a second Sonic character for the reasons the poster above mentioned. As for third parties in general, I hope they don't include any more than 2-3 characters.

I rather they focus on the first party franchises that have solo reps. Palutena and Ridley would make great additions.

Unfortunately, something tells me they're just going to add yet another Mario and Zelda character. >_>

• Thumbs Up 3

You do realize they actually removed a Mario character between Melee and Brawl, right?

I've been thinking that the Mario and Zelda series are sort of at their limit for characters.  There's really only one Mario character I can think of that comes close to being a decent choice, and Zelda could probably just swap out Toon Link for an actually unique character, and that'd be fine.

Paper Mario has become such a notable and reputable franchise that I'll be surprised if Paper Mario is not made playable in Smash 4.

Edited by Joshua

In all honesty, since nintendo really doesn't have that many great characters to me and a lot of them seem like they'd be better off as character appearances, I would actually prefer if they got more third parties in there.

I feel that Bowser Jr. could be a pretty strong contendor for another Mario rep since he's been appearing in most games since his debut, and has essentially claimed major character status. A possible combination of Graffiti and Bowser-esque moves could be pretty cool

I feel that Bowser Jr. could be a pretty strong contendor for another Mario rep since he's been appearing in most games since his debut, and has essentially claimed major character status. A possible combination of Graffiti and Bowser-esque moves could be pretty cool

I really think they should be focusing on adding characters to other franchises before focusing on more Mario, he has plenty of reps as is.

I'm kinda hoping they bring some new characters from obscure franchises, similar to G&W for one.

• Thumbs Up 1

You do realize they actually removed a Mario character between Melee and Brawl, right?

I've been thinking that the Mario and Zelda series are sort of at their limit for characters.  There's really only one Mario character I can think of that comes close to being a decent choice, and Zelda could probably just swap out Toon Link for an actually unique character, and that'd be fine.

Like Tink...*shot*

Shulk, Chibi-Robo, Captain Rainbow, Isaac, Saki, Little Mac, heck even nonspecific action figure. C'mon Nintendo make 'em happen, there are plenty of original IPs that could do with a bit more exposure.

• Thumbs Up 3