Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I love it how Nintendo replaced the friend codes with user created names. Seems like the right thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's still called Miiverse, the Mii plaza part is just called WaraWara Plaza. It probably would have been better if they called it something like ChatterPlaza.

Anyway, I'll probably name my Mii "Conando" if the system is using Mii names as identifiers or whatever.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I... was honestly hoping the Mii's would look better... they look just like the crappy Mii's for Wii. Although I prefer Nintendo consoles, Microsoft's Avatars are way better.

• Thumbs Up 6

I... was honestly hoping the Mii's would look better... they look just like the crappy Mii's for Wii. Although I prefer Nintendo consoles, Microsoft's Avatars are way better.

Agreed. You'd have thought they would actually let you dress your Mii up this time around.

All it needs is hats. As Team Fortress 2 has taught us, hats are everything.

You need to wait for Nintendo to release the the Deluxxe Versionne of Leisure package alongside the current two for that.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will Nintendo let us say whatever we want or will they have us use stock pussified messages?

Edited by Princess Daisy

Will Nintendo let us say whatever we want or will they have us use stock pussified messages?

You piece of blueberry, I'll cherrying kill you!

EDIT: Funny story, Rumble Fighter actually does this. IT's completely stupid.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 3

You piece of blueberry, I'll cherrying kill you!

EDIT: Funny story, Rumble Fighter actually does this. IT's completely stupid.

Its also pretty funny XD

All it needs is hats. As Team Fortress 2 has taught us, hats are everything.

gif.gif

The 3DS had hats so it isn't out of question.

Backtracking a bit but Nintendo can't really do much to update the Miis so long as there's Wii backwards compatibility. Unless they made like an entire retro plaza for Miis specifically to be used in Wii games?

I dunno... I'm trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about btw

Backtracking a bit but Nintendo can't really do much to update the Miis so long as there's Wii backwards compatibility. Unless they made like an entire retro plaza for Miis specifically to be used in Wii games?

The Wii U Miis are probably just upscaled Wii Miis. So for Wii games they'll probably just use the same ones, but lower poly/res

Do they have to be backwards compatible though? You can transfer Mii's from the Wii to 3DS, but not from 3DS to Wii. Once on the 3DS you can use hairstyles and whatnot not on the Wii. And for Wii U and 3DS compatibility, they could always make a simultaneous update for both systems. In fact, I hope they do.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

^...ooookay.

I'm supposed to be a Nintendo fanboy, but I just can't seem to get excited about the Wii U. I'm just sick of region lock and Europe being shafted by publishers or whoever the fuck it to blame.

...plus Rayman got pushed back.

I think he means compatible with Wii games when you play them in the Wii U.

Yeah that is what I meant, unless every single Wii game that uses Miis gets patched to support new clothes/hair styles/whatever they can't really update them.

Of course they could just make it so when you play a Wii game it automatically creates a Mii that looks similar to the Wii U Mii or something??

First look at the Wii U eShop

We have the first photo of the Wii U eShop, thanks to an update on the console’s Japanese website.

Take a look below:

wiiu_eshop.jpg

The page mentions most of the features that are included on the 3DS eShop. You’ll be able to download games and demos, view videos such as commercials, and rate content you’ve played.

Source

http://nintendoevery...he-wii-u-eshop/

Looks pretty good. Hope to see more soon.

• Thumbs Up 5