Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

If the friend code rumor is true, thank the heavens for it. FCS are one of the most controversial aspects of Nintendo Wi-fi and when I bought my 3DS, I thought the restricted internet stuff was gone but in some ways the 3DS was more limited than the Wii! It is very tiresome and i've sucked it up a lot more than a lot of people because I donot play 360 or PS3, but I do play PC and that is the most unlimited online I think. At any rate the Wii U will be slammed if it does not evolve to the standards of PS3 and 360 online. Wii was Nintendos first online console and so it was tolerable to some extent with the online restrictions, but if they do it again it will be another significant problem,

It was pretty much confirmed for the Wii-U, but I do hope they do the same thing with the 3DS, concerning FC's. Using Miiverse would make life just a bit easier.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.co...6&postcount=351

Confirmed. Friend Codes

Are

Officially

Dead.

This is a glorious Nintendo Moment. Let us celebrate

no.friend.code-490px.jpg

AWW SHIT YEAH.

nintendooutragedancers.gif

Edited by Luigi the Brawler

Thank God. Friend Codes are the reason I never went online with my Wii and DS, too much of a hassle. Hopefully its set up like Live and PSN, and once its up and running, they have an update for the 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got my hands on a Wii U Demo Unit at Gamestop today for a few minutes. It was pretty neat. The controller is a little on the heavy side, but I think it was being weighed down by the security stuff they had strapped to it. It was neat to be able to use the touch screen to interact with the tv, but it also was a little unusual. It's very different so it takes some getting used to.

I played the Rayman Legends Demo with a friend and it was pretty nice too. The game looked good and was very smooth (as expected.) It controlled really well when playing traditionally. Playing as Murphy didn't feel quite as good though, although I think it's just because I wasn't used to it. I kept wanting to touch tablet screen while looking at the TV. That really didn't work too well. If you're playing as the tablet character, you really need to look at the tablet.

Miyamoto Interview about Retro, Miiverse, etc

http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/38501/En+la+mesa+con+Miyamoto%3A+los+10+titulares/

- Premise: almost every Wii U user will already has Wiimote, Nunchuk and even WM+ - this gives freedom to devs. IR alternate pointing to both screens highly possible

- Miyamoto-san doesn't think they fell behind with online, but now is the right moment and you 'have' to be online with the Wii U.

- Retro qualified for Zelda game, but being in America would leave less-dependent games for them (story, design Japan-only)

- They'll encourage handwritten chatting with Miiverse

- 2 current goals are: own creation and creating teams which doesn't need him.

- iPad Mini screen size is another indication they took the right path with GamePad design

• Thumbs Up 5

Premise: almost every Wii U user will already has Wiimote, Nunchuk and even WM+ - this gives freedom to devs.

Hahahaha. Nope.

Devs will consider wiimote support a disposable optional feature not worth budgeting for unless Nintendo gives enough compensation or they have the system already in place. People are gonna play with normal controllers (w/ or without screen) in every platform and that's where the focus will be.

- Miyamoto-san doesn't think they fell behind with online, but now is the right moment and you 'have' to be online with the Wii U.

"We can't halfass this shit anymore with a ten bux intern job ):"

- Retro qualified for Zelda game, but being in America would leave less-dependent games for them (story, design Japan-only)

Yeah, they might make it fun, engaging and original if left unchecked. *GASP*

Years of Zelda tradition down the drain and Aonuma crying. Can't have that.

• Thumbs Up 7

Played Rayman Legends. Dear god, the Gamepad might be the most comfortable controller I've ever held. It just WORKS. Everything about it says it shouldn't, but it does. The screen looks great too. I was expecting it to look bad, but it looked almost exactly like the TV.

Played Rayman Legends. Dear god, the Gamepad might be the most comfortable controller I've ever held. It just WORKS. Everything about it says it shouldn't, but it does. The screen looks great too. I was expecting it to look bad, but it looked almost exactly like the TV.

How dare you doubt Nintendo....

Yeah, they might make it fun, engaging and original if left unchecked. *GASP*

Years of Zelda tradition down the drain and Aonuma crying. Can't have that.

Well, maybe they are just worried about avoiding another Other M style farce-

OHWAIT Sakamoto forced all of the creative decisions on Team Ninja too.

And Team Ninja in turn had to also give half of their execution of the storytelling to D-Rockets.

Two teams might have been able to manage executive meddling but in Other M's case it was too many chefs in the kitchen to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno about that. As shy as Ninty's been about the WiiU's specs, I really doubt they'd leave it until a mere month before release to reveal something like that. Honestly though, I think it's better without - considering the noticable amount of AR gameplay we're getting with a lot of the more interesting games so far, 3D would probably just come off as a pain in the ass if the 3DS is any indicator.

That would be an awful lot of expense for virtually no return. Especially after developers on the 3DS barely even bother with it anymore.

Doubt it, if it could output 3D then Nintendo or another developer would've mentioned it by now. We also would've seen something about it in the specs.

Yo so the NA Wii-U Campaign's gonna start tomorrow.

wii_u_advert_teaser.jpg?w=625&h=416

EXCITING ISN'T IT?

Yes Nintendo. Wait until all of the preorders are sold out to tell the general public.

I should hope they've got some reserved to sell on the day or else there's no point in advertising in the US before launch when all of the pre-orders have sold out.

First North American commercial

Oh thank god they didn't do "Wii would like to play...with U!" but "How U will play next" isn't much better.

Surprised they didn't show anything of ZombiU for the hardcore crowd. They only showed New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Lego City (whatever it's called), and that singing game. No third party games at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Soo when I went to AC3's midnight release (which by the way, that game fucking rules in every department), I was able to get my hands on the Wii-U. Damn that controller felt good. It had all the reasons for it not too, but it did. And Rayman Legends was the demo I tried out. Beautiful game it was. I had the whole gamestop in "aw". That game alone has me sold. Now only if every other Wii-U game looks that good and plays that perfect....

Surprised they didn't show anything of ZombiU for the hardcore crowd. They only showed New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Lego City (whatever it's called), and that singing game. No third party games at all.

Because Nintendo have historically relied upon 1st party games for sales. Its worked every time, but I damn sure hope that it stops working. They need to show off stuff that isn't Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid etc(or a collection of all of these franchises in a single party game). The most annoying thing is, unlike the previous couple consoles, they actually HAVE 3rd party content to show, yet they're not giving it the light of day.

Frustrations....

Edited by Scar