Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

- You can move data from internal Wii U storage to external USB media in Data Management and vice versa. Data on both internal and external media will appear in the menu.

So you can play them off the USB Stick? Thank god.

And that premium thing sounds awesome.

Edited by Thigolf

- In Data Management, you must format the connected media drive. Note that this means you cannot use the drive with a PC.

Okay, this a big oddity right there. Why the hell would that be required? The Wii didn't require anything of the s-

*Sigh* This is an attempt to shut down homebrew and piracy before it starts, isn't it. Nintendo, don't even bother, no matter how hard you tried to lock down the Wii, hackers just opened it up again. You are wasting your time.

So, the thing about Wii and VC games not being playable on the Gamepad just means that they can't be played on the Wii U using the touchscreen controller, just with the standard Wii remote/classic pro stuff right?

Edited by VEDJ-F

RIght. The games weren't designed with the Gamepad inputs in mind, so you have to use controllers that send signals they will recognize. In theory, they could redo the downloadable games to allow for the new inputs, but they can't do that with the disk-based games. The Wii-oriented games only recognize the input devices they were coded for.

Edited by Thrippa

I'm downloading this DAY 1.

EDIT: LMAO DRUG REFERENCE

Edited by Autosaver

Okay, I can understand Wii software not being playable on the gamepad. BUT... they better make Wii U Virtual Console games already purchased on the Wii free to download. I bought Mario 64 on the Wii and if they re-release it on Wii U with Gamepad functionality but want me to pay for it again I will be very disappointed.

I don't really understand though, I mean surely it's possible. Translate the Gamepad's input into "Classic Controller input" for the Wii software, surely? All they'd have to do is put a warning at the start saying "Wii Software will not recognise the lack of Wii Remotes/Nunchuks, only games using the Classic Controller/GameCube controller originally can be played" or whatever.

I mean, Mario Kart 64 still had references to the Memory Pak despite not being usable, and Ocarina of Time literally had no additions to make up for lack of Rumble Feature with the Stone Of Agony like the 3DS version did. They just put a disclaimer. Why couldn't they have done the same here?

I mean I guess there's more to it... At least I hope there is.

Okay, this a big oddity right there. Why the hell would that be required? The Wii didn't require anything of the s-

*Sigh* This is an attempt to shut down homebrew and piracy before it starts, isn't it. Nintendo, don't even bother, no matter how hard you tried to lock down the Wii, hackers just opened it up again. You are wasting your time.

Actually, it may be so they don't have to worry about the 4GB file limit on FAT32 devices. They certainly can't use NTFS to get around it, so this would be less shit on developer's backs for file structure on a system that is using serial-numbers-filed-off Blu Ray discs.

Edited by Tornado

Okay, I can understand Wii software not being playable on the gamepad. BUT... they better make Wii U Virtual Console games already purchased on the Wii free to download. I bought Mario 64 on the Wii and if they re-release it on Wii U with Gamepad functionality but want me to pay for it again I will be very disappointed.

Well, the Wii doesn't use accounts, does it? You'll probably have to buy them again, unless Club Nintendo accounts do something.

If you're transferring your data from the Wii I'd like to give Nintendo at least the benefit of doubt that your Virtual Console games can be linked to the Wii U eShop so if there are updates to their controls they'll be doing updates for them.

Well I'm happy that the Rayman Legends Demo will be available day 1. It'll least give me something to look forward to.

Oh wait, no I can't. Finals are in three weeks and I have to study.

; _ ;

Well I'm happy that the Rayman Legends Demo will be available day 1. It'll least give me something to look forward to.

Wait. What?

*Googles it*

Oh, HELL yeah! Now I won't have to keep freeloading at store kiosks to play it.

ZombiU (WiiU, Ubisoft): 92

Nintendoland (Wii U, Nintendo): 90

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U, Nintendo): 86

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Wii U, Bandai Namco): 88

FIFA 13 (Wii U, EA): 80

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS, Nintendo): 83

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (3DS, Disney): 60

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS, Chunsoft): 88

New Style Boutique (3DS, Nintendo): 68

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D (3DS, Atari): 51

Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword (3DS eShop, Nintendo): 80

Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop, Level 5): 75

Mad Dog McCree (3DS eShop, Digital Leisure): 15

Samurai G (3DS eShop, UFO): 38

Mole Mania (3DS VC, Nintendo): 70

18th Gate (DSiWare, Circle Entertainment): 40

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Wii, Disney): 80

WWE 13 (Wii, THQ): 78

Skylanders: Giants (Wii, Activision): 63

Jewel Master: Cradle of Egypt 2 (NDS, Rising Star): 55

I might have to pick up ZombiU.

Nintendo has posted a storage FAQ

http://www.nintendo....usb_storage.jsp

If I delete a game to make more room will I be able to download it again if I want to?

On the system where you made the initial purchase, you can re-download a deleted game at any time by going to your Profile in the Nintendo eShop Menu and selecting My Downloads.

On the system where you made the initial purchase

No proper account system then sad.png

Of course, but I'm pretty sure they could work around game sharing. Transferring accounts with Nintendo's customer services is a horrible pain.