Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Everyone else does it, so I guess Nintendo figured it was the time. I can see why they have to sell it at a loss, considering the price of the GamePad can't be anything less than 100 dollars.

I guess they're learning from their mistake with the 3DS launch, and are selling the Wii U at a loss from the start to avoid another early price drop

I got a chance to try out the Wii U at Gamestop and I must say that the Gamepad feels fantastic to hold and it was really easy to get used to.

Rayman Legends was great to play, as well (one guy with autism, much like myself, had fun tilting a platform and killing Rayman while he was playing). Definitely asking for the game for Christmas at least.

Holy shit, I was expecting it to be like 5 or 6GB, but 16GB!?

I'm definitely glad now that I got a 500GB HDD

Eh, I can wait until the end of next month. It's not too far off now anyway! And there's always something super special about not experiencing a new game or console until it's the comfort of your own home setup.

Tried out the Wii U at a Gamestop that I just happened to be checking with in terms of a job app I submitted last week. The fact that it was there really threw me off guard, and naturally I gravitated towards the thing to try it out.

The controller was alot bigger and wider than I expected, (as well as the console itself; It reminded me of a really slimmed down 360, but without the curves, in terms of size) but it was pretty comfortable to hold. I also tried out Rayman Origins, which was also pretty great. The D-pad and buttons were also bigger than I was expecting, which was an added plus, and the screen itself was pretty nice.

I was always planning on getting a Wii U in the future, (mainly because I sold my Wii, but kept all my Wii games to play on the Wii U later on,) but I'm definitely more interested in this thing now than I have been before.

Welcome to glorious HD land Nintendo. Looking forward to what you guys have in store.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh oh! Wii U Shortages expected in the UK.

Apparently, at least one retail source has claimed that they won't be getting enough stock in to cover pre-orders. This is why I've pre-ordered at lots of places. But let's say Zaavi have an issue with their stock and I get mine late, I think it's worth it for the price to be honest.

Apparently, at least one retail source has claimed that they won't be getting enough stock in to cover pre-orders. This is why I've pre-ordered at lots of places. But let's say Zaavi have an issue with their stock and I get mine late, I think it's worth it for the price to be honest.

Thought this might happen. Good job I got my pre-order in early. I think I was the first to pre-order at my local Currys PC World store by the way the staff were acting, so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Just to make it clear, this article speaks of 25k for a single retailer, not all of UK.

That and CVG has a habit of sometimes posting a bunch of made up stuff. Despite a bunch of talk about Nintendo developing less to increase demand, most of their consoles are still shipped higher than average launch quantities. It probably won't be as bad as 360.

Most excited for the aspect of being able to transfer your old Virtual Console games to the Wii U. That was my biggest concern. However, it seems that now virtual console with carry over no problem and they may revitalize the VC store to have more games again. No my virtual console games will not be in HD but the restorations for Majoras Mask for example, were awsome in 480p. Really excited in this aspect.

- Nintendo Direct is watched between 600,000 and 1 million people

- Animal Crossing: New Leaf's special Nintendo Direct was watched over 1 million times on YouTube

- Iwata wanted to avoid consumers worrying about a 3DS-style price cut with the Wii U

- this had an influence on Wii U price

- the price they've gone with is to keep people from holding out and to meet customer expectations

- Iwata: If you criticize a lack of innovation over IP-heavy lineups, you're looking only at the titles and not their contents.

- Iwata: If Mario and Pokemon titles didn't innovate, those franchises would fall into ruin.

- Iwata: "If we can't provide overwhelming fun not possible with free or 85-yen games, Nintendo and consoles have no value."

- Iwata wants to explain the Miiverse in detail prior to the Wii U launching

- he wants to do this through a Nintendo Direct

- Iwata: You'll be able to become friends with others through Miiverse; increasing the number of friends to play with is its critical mission.

- It seems that Iwata might be saying that Nintendo has done away with the need for mutual friend code exchanges. Seems that you can become friends with someone instantly through Miiverse without the need of sharing friend codes. This isn't 100% confirmed yet.

- Iwata expects the 3rd-party share of software sales on the Wii U to increase earlier on than it did on the DS or for foreign pubs on Wii

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=189037&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by Autosaver