Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Some people will just chase after the challenge for the sake of it. I can only imagine how many Iji players were tempted to fight Admiral Tor on Ultimortal mode, and supercharge him before the fight begins. (To elaborate, after you beat the game once, you can charge up Tor's mech to full power before the fight begins, and thus have to deal with his hardest attack phase the whole fight.)

Thing is if Nintendo are building some sort of optional checklist that developers would want to utilize, I'd like to think that most developers who want to take time and effort into building intuitive and fun achievements would do that. So many achievements these days are added only because developers have to, not because it looks like a fun thing to do. Hell everyone kept saying they wanted a Trophy Support patch for MGS4 back when it wasn't mandatory. The result when the patch finally happened? The Trophies were kind of shitty and bland.wide solution regardless.

I just read this:

"can't connect your Wii U to your flash drive and play games that aren't stored on the console itself"

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190262

So...you have to move your games back and forth just to play them? oO I don't get that, I mean, the 3DS has no problem with playing games of an SD card, so why is this so unneccessary complicated?

I just read this:

"can't connect your Wii U to your flash drive and play games that aren't stored on the console itself"

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=190262

So...you have to move your games back and forth just to play them? oO I don't get that, I mean, the 3DS has no problem with playing games of an SD card, so why is this so unneccessary complicated?

Sadly, because Nintendo. They have a habit of dropping the ball on things for no good reason.

I just read this:

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=190262

Well fuck, I was gonna go all digital for the Wii-U thinking I could play them off the External HDD. I really can't be bothered to move them back and forth each time I want to play, especially since some games like Tekken Tournament 2 is 16GB.

There's no way that that is accurate. There are already games announced that are larger than the amount of internal storage on the basic system, and Nintendo wouldn't dare basically tell people who bought them to fuck off if they wanted to play one of them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why does it specifically state Flash Memory anyways? Few commonplace externals actually use that.

Even then it wouldn't make sense. I would assume Flash Drives load way faster than most other forms of memory storage. What the fuck man.

They're being right bastards with that just, so they can later update the system to run games off SD and USB, like they did with Wii.

They're being right bastards with that just, so they can later update the system to run games off SD and USB, like they did with Wii.

What would the benefit of that be, though?

Hell if I know, perhaps they felt they had other things that needed tending to first. However, it's a good idea to take the quote with a grain of salt. Like Tornado said, Nintendo wouldn't dare have a system in place where people can't play the games they bought. Nintendo has also been championing the use of USB Harddrives for Downloadable game storage and play.

Wondering if I should save my money for Christmas and hold off on buying the Wii U until more games are out. Was thinking about what game(s) to get at launch and realised there aren't really any games I want from the launch selection :-/

Wondering if I should save my money for Christmas and hold off on buying the Wii U until more games are out. Was thinking about what game(s) to get at launch realised there aren't really any games I want from the launch selection :-/

Then don't bother.

The launch 'Window' as they call it is usually a period of about 6 months anyway. No point in rushing out buying a console at the premium rate if theres nothing you want on it at the start.

• Thumbs Up 2

Especially not with how hard it is going to be to find one anyway.

Yeah, I've had mine pre-ordered since the minute Premium got listed. I literally kept F5'ing our store's website right after Nintendo's conference, knowing it'd pop up. They're just that attentive. One hour later it's the most pre-ordered "game" product on the entire site.

I'm buying it at launch because I don't want to end up in the same scenario as the Wii where I pre-ordered it way too late and didn't get it until late January. Considering the incredibly low chance there is that they'll be frequent in stock I want to be sure I'll be having it on hand once Rayman Legends rolls around - and despite NSMBU, Nintendo Land and ZombiU not being system sellers I can easily see the steady stream of really good titles hold the console afloat until the big guns start rolling around. It's not exactly killer titles galore for now but there are a lot of games I really want to play for it.

Besides that I don't really have much to spend disposable income on anymore this year. Might as well buy it instead of hoping for that Nintendo price cut that will never happen!

I'm doubting there will be a price cut, but with nothing I really want at launch or during the launch window really (apart from maybe Rayman Legends and Wii Fit U for my wife), I think it might be best for me to get it later. Pre-orders aren't selling out at many retailers here in the UK, so I seriously don't think it will be hard to get one in a few months time.

I'm doubting there will be a price cut, but with nothing I really want at launch or during the launch window really (apart from maybe Rayman Legends and Wii Fit U for my wife), I think it might be best for me to get it later. Pre-orders aren't selling out at many retailers here in the UK, so I seriously don't think it will be hard to get one in a few months time.

I actually just cancelled my preorder, I can't justify spending $389 on a console that doesn't have any games of interest to me. I just have no interest in it at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually just cancelled my preorder, I can't justify spending $389 on a console that doesn't have any games of interest to me. I just have no interest in it at the moment.

Same. I'm really interested in the console and controller, but I'd just feel selfish spending all of that money on myself at Christmas when I'm not really interested in the launch lineup. It's money I could be buying some nice gifts for my wife and relatives with. We've got a week's holiday from work next week too, and I'd like us to have some days out.

Think I'll go cancel my pre-order and get my £10 deposit back. Currys said it's refundable. Hope they keep their word. I'll definitely get it at some point. Rayman Legends, Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros should be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Same here. None of the First Party titles in the launch window interest me, and other than Rayman Legends, I'm barely interested in any of the third party games.

Sorry Wii U, but you'll have to wait. Really hope Nintendo shows some epic games at the next E3 (instead of shit like Wii Fit U...)

• Thumbs Up 1

I cancelled our preorder that the A/V Club had last Wednesday. Awful big dent in our budget considering we would just go back to using our Wii after the first couple weeks of having it.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was on the fence of getting this, but nah. It's not worth it, nothing being released makes me want to get it, and I can save my money on other things.

• Thumbs Up 2