Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Luigi looks like he just got done picking his nose scratching his glorious mustache.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Looks better than the 3DS one because Luigi is present.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hard to tell how good the layout will be, but I'm confident it will at least be better than the god-awful 3DS eShop layout.

Eh, can't really comment on the WiiU E-shop, but I also have to say that it can't get any worse than the layout of the 3DS E-shop.

All I hope for is that it's easier to navigate. That's all.

Me, plus I can't draw well enough to draw a dick.

They're pretty simple in shape, my flatmates recreated one with four rectangular fridge magnets even. I wouldn't have minded usually, but my grandmother was visiting later that day so having it up on the fridge would have been awful.

...I don't really use the 3DS eShop enough to compare it to this Wii U layout.

I really want to see a full fledged Mario HD title now after seeing what they did with NL. Look at the lighting!

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 4

That does look very pretty. Seeing that kind of lighting applied to a more natural Mario environment when EAD goes balls out with the next 3D game.... ow gawd.

• Thumbs Up 5

No, no the Wii can't.

I saved all of my virtual console games,wii ware games and some of my save data to the SD card.

What are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 1

That's my mistake, I thought you were talking about how Nintendo Land looked. Yes, the Wii can certainly save and run games off of a SD Card, and it's the only way the 3DS goes about 3DS eShop title storage and play. I do wonder why even support the media if a Hard Drive is the only way to store everything. I mean, can the SD card be used to store anything but game saves? DLC, movies, whatever? It's not so bad if they can still be used for those but, damn.

Edited by King Of Awesome

Well then, it seems the SD Card slot is just there for Wii compatibility. You use it for transferring Wii data to the Wii U, and then you can use it for Wii stuff, and that's pretty much it. Basically the same as the Gamecube memory card slots on the Wii.

So the Wii can play games from an SD card, but the Wii U can't? This is why they should be including an HDD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kind of odd, but in the case of the Wii U you're better off getting a portable hard drive to store your shit on in the long run, anyway.

The whole thing is still rather uncertain, anyhow.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Well. I wonder how the person who so passionately defended Nintendo when the low internal storage was revealed by basically saying "get a big SD card and shut up" is going to respond now.

I suspect goalposts will be moved. Again.

Also not a fan of how content seems to be tied to a console instead of an account again.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

There's just no excuse for this.

I'm not going to download many games anyway but.....come ON. Why are they cutting so many corners with this thing?

Also not a fan of how content seems to be tied to a console instead of an account again.

To be fair, I could arguably understand why Nintendo did this if it's possible to log into your ID on other consoles as it prevents game sharing - something that would probably be used far more than recovering lost data.

It's the sort of guilty pleasure that people like doing despite knowing it technically isn't allowed.