Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

So what if it's his opinion? It's still fucking unprofessional! Remember Adam Orth last year?

Is it that EA dude that tweeted how EA doesn't like the Wii U and lied saying its underpowered and doesn't work with the cry engine?

Ubi employs hundreds of people, and people can have opinions.

There is no problem with people from ubisoft having an opinion, but there is a problem when those people voice their opinion as the Company.

Even so, you can clearly see the picture of what Ubisoft thinks about the Wii U when you consider their recent actions towards the system. 

So what if it's his opinion? It's still fucking unprofessional! Remember Adam Orth last year?

Orth was straight up insulting on twitter. This is just a level designer voicing his thoughts on the WiiU, which he dislikes, but he isn't laughing at people that bought one or anything like that. He probably has had more experience working with the system (and with other people that do so too) than anyone being upset at his comment so if anything it should be taken into account rather than dismissed.

Still, unprofessional? Yeah. That's why it got deleted.

There is no problem with people from ubisoft having an opinion, but there is a problem when those people voice their opinion as the Company.

He's not. It's his own personal twitter account.

He's entitled to his opinion. It got deleted for the reasons being said, though. As he is known as being connected to Ubisoft, anything he says negatively about Ubi's potential partners looks bad on them (and also pisses off people who own the products of those partners). He'll know to keep it to himself next time.

It may be just his opinion. Regardless it brings Ubisoft's integrity into question unfortunately.

And it's not just some random dev. This guy was one of the leaders on the modern Splinter Cell team (Conviction, Blacklist).

He's not. It's his own personal twitter account.

If this is true than I take back what I said.

still it saddens me to see developers in this position with this kind of attitude...  

Unprofessional, but eh. It's a risk game. Most developers generally try their best to be diplomatic because it's in their best interest to do so. Clearly this guy doesn't think Nintendo has much to offer on that front, though.

I'm indifferent. It's his twitter and he wasn't insulting anyone.

I love your idea there Azoo!

Whatever the next console and/or controller is, I want it to still have the screen equipped for off-tv gameplay, and also getting a better up-close perspective as too! At the very least of course.

also sorry for any technical inaccuracies if any, I'm a total bonkus

Glad I caught this before replying, LOL.

Sounds like a good idea on paper, for sure. I'd have to see just how much the production costs would go down for the new controller.

Unfortunately it'd probably be too difficult to implement something like that now, since they'd have to alter the production and ship out a lot more units to retailers that have already given up on the product. I do like your idea though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it'd be too difficult to do  a controller swap, but I'm not sure about the benefits. 

A smaller controller may be appealing, but I don't think the issue is the size so much as it is people not understanding what it's for or why you'd want to use it, when compared to a regular controller. Complicating the Wii U brand further may only make things worse, I think.

But then again, Nintendo have had a lot of success with redesigning their portables. GBASP/Ds Lite, etc. Why not do something like that on the console side as well?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, it'd definitely be a risk to obscure the Wii U brand even further, but there's still no telling if it'd actually just do that or actually be a really good move for them.

People don't seem to really "get" the Gamepad because it seems like so much of a blend between a controller and a tablet that it seems to leave people feel a bit bothered by it. Maybe that higher emphasis on being a controller would be to their advantage? I dunno.

I think Azookara's redesign of the Wii U Gamepad could be more conceivable for the rumoured portable/console hybrid than for the Wii U itself. While I understand his point on such redesign (bringing a lower-cost SKU without ditching out the Gamepad, which is the must-have component of the console), I'm a bit uncertain on how well it will play once it hits the market considering how confusing the Wii U brand is at the moment for the average consumer. I could be wrong and actually might be beneficial if played well, especially knowing how Nintendo has always redesigned their portables in order to refresh their product lines; applying this idea into the Wii U might work, so who knows?

Still, I gotta admit I like the concept. Kudos! =)

I said it in the status but once again, its a really good design and I think you should pitch it towards nintendo, I could see it going real well for the people who aren't fans of the game pad and it could make for a more comfortable menu navigation when playing certain games.

Apparently people are looking into his profile and finding many Sony-fanboy like content and concluding this guy might not even be an employee.

The Wii U will continue to be a dead console if people see it as one. I wish more folks could just look at it as a platform with great games. I've seen folks complain that LEGO City Undercover and The Wonderful 101 are Wii U titles and that because of that they aren't buying them. I think people have forgotten that games sell consoles. You want to get a console because of all the awesome triple A titles. That's the reason I got a 3DS and why I'm saving up for a Wii U. I still find it disappointing that people would much rather buy a PS4 or Xbone because it has better graphics or whatnot. I'm not saying it's bad that they're buying them. I bet those consoles will have their own share of amazing exclusives just like the Wii U. But as of now, the thing that bugs me the most is everyone's attitude towards the console itself, like that tweet from @visteps. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently people are looking into his profile and finding many Sony-fanboy like content and concluding this guy might not even be an employee.

If that is the case, then that is truly one sad individual to go to such lengths. Actually its sad if its actually an employee.

Workin' on them more healthy platforms certainly saved IG employees from losing their jobs. M I RIGHT?!

I QUIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0HxQohshgg

(Seriously, what kind of douchebag?)