Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

New Direct coming on October 1st focusing on Wii U and 3DS titles.

*Crosses fingers for new Tropical Freeze info*

Moar Sonic Lost World and Pokemon X & Y info will be nice. Oh, and Nintendo...remember that Mario game called Super Mario 3D World? Yeah? I think it's about time that you talked about it some more.

Edited by KrazyBean

Moar Sonic Lost World and Pokemon X & Y info will be nice. Oh, and Nintendo...remember that Mario game called Super Mario 3D World? Yeah? I think it's about time that you talked about it some more.
Well, they just set up a teaser site the other day, so perhaps this direct will bring us some new info.

Saw this earlier so I thought I'd post this here: Miyamoto elaborates on why Nintendo doesn't revive some franchises.

Miyamoto also mentions 1080 Snowboading, strangely enough.

They decided to ignore the F-Zero fans clamouring for a new game and went with fucking Mario Kart instead

This is inexcusable and I will never forgive them for this

I'll still buy the game of course ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, Gamestop seems to be holding a sale on Wii & DS products. Preowned Wiis and DSs are $49.99, there is a Buy 2 get 1 free deal for preowned wii and DS games, and 30% off pre-owned accessories but there are some printing errors and 1 spelling error(GURANTEED) so I am unsure whether this is legit or not. Anyone wanna confirm?

Edited by Dom

Guys, Gamestop seems to be holding a sale on Wii & DS products. Preowned Wiis and DSs are $49.99, there is a Buy 2 get 1 free deal for preowned wii and DS games, and 30% off pre-owned accessories but there are some printing errors and 1 spelling error(GURANTEED) so I am unsure whether this is legit or not. Anyone wanna confirm?

I got a letter through the mail confirming this (which gamestop never does) so yeah I think its pretty darn legit.

I can confirm this; they sent me a flyer in the mail about this sale, so it has to be legit :).

A NEW WII U UPDATE IS LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!! DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!!!

Will probably be nothing major. Hopefully not though,

There were 2 major updates. A Spring one (Which optimized the OS) and a Summer one. Though, I guess it's the Fall update now.

Anyways:

-USB Keyboard support added

-Wii U Voice now supports Headsets

-PDF files are now readable in the browser

-You can now post pictures on blog/social sites the way you do on Miiverse

-Off-TV Wii Mode now supported (Still requires Wii Remotes)

Unconfirmed:

-According to a Nintendo Tech Support rep, the Youtube crashes are now fixed

Also, Ariel just said color was added to Miiverse drawings and WE UNIFIED ACCOUNT NOW

• Thumbs Up 3

There were 2 major updates. A Spring one (Which optimized the OS) and a Summer one. Though, I guess it's the Fall update now.

Anyways:

-USB Keyboard support added

-Wii U Voice now supports Headsets

-PDF files are now readable in the browser

-You can now post pictures on blog/social sites the way you do on Miiverse

-Off-TV Wii Mode now supported (Still requires Wii Remotes)

Unconfirmed:

-According to a Nintendo Tech Support rep, the Youtube crashes are now fixed

Also, Ariel just said color was added to Miiverse drawings and WE UNIFIED ACCOUNT NOW

AWESOME, just wish they had made it so I could use the gamepad, or my procontroller :(

AWESOME, just wish they had made it so I could use the gamepad, or my procontroller sad.png

Baby steps. That'll probably be added later when they realize the IR can be used with the second analog.

Baby steps. That'll probably be added later when they realize the IR can be used with the second analog.

thats true, I had been hoping they would do this since release, so hey, thats one down, a couple more to go

Wait, you can play wii games on the gamepad now?

It's more that you can now use the Gamepad's screen instead of the TV.

but apparently you cant use it as a remote though

Oh.....well...I guess it's nice that they're tying?

Found this on Gonintendo (google translated)

-Added settings Nintendo Network ID

guess we are unified?

Damn, so you're still required to use Wii Remotes to play the game on the Gamepad.

I probably shouldn't have assumed that  the controls of the Wii games would be mapped to the Gamepad. That does take a ridiculous amount of work I guess. xD

Edited by canderson

So I've been experimenting a bit with the "Use the Wii U Gamepad as a display for Wii games" feature, and I have to admit...even still having to use the Wiimote, it's surprisingly comfortable. Like, it's not very hard at all to adjust to (in my opinion, anyway).

Definitely a fun little feature that I will probably find myself using quite a lot.

Edited by Haden

How do you switch to the Wii game in Gampad screen? I don't have a TV with me right now, so im a bit confused to how to activate it.

How do you switch to the Wii game in Gampad screen? I don't have a TV with me right now, so im a bit confused to how to activate it.

A little pop-up will appear before you enter the Wii Menu that will ask if you want to display on the TV or the TV + The Gamepad, at which point you select the latter option, turn off the TV (when you have access to one, anyway), and start using the Gamepad.

Edited by Haden