Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Welp! If all goes to plan I should have a Wii U by Saturday.

congrats barry, if everything that goes well I should have WWHD before my 3Day weekend next week! and I got a bunch of dreamcast games to keep me busy

• Thumbs Up 2

I bought the Nintendo Land bundle. I wasn't going to get the zelda one since it is a digtal game. I will definately wait until later tonight before turning it on if it has to do all these updates. My download limit is unlimited after 2am, so that would be when I would fire it up to let it be doing that while I do some other things. I just bought the normal deluxe version. I didn't get anything else with it accessory wise. I bought myself Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, since I enjoy those games in that series alot and it was only $20 brand new.

Hopefully I will enjoy it of course. I won't be doing downloading at all with the console, so any of  that digital stuff doesn't need to be worried about with me. I'll buy the physical copy of Ducktales later when it comes out to play it. I just like being a collector and digital never appealed to me, though I do see the advantages of it of course. It just isn't for me =)

Hopefully this is all going to turn out well. It looks nice so far, but I'll found out more later ^^

I'm getting my copy of WW HD (with badass Ganondorf figure! <3) on Friday. I wish it could be a day earlier, but since it is a pre order it's going to be delivered on the day of release.

Wait....who even said the Wii U is doomed? Scanned the last couple pages, and nobody said anything to that effect.

No one in particular that I could see. It was really just an aside on my part.

It just occurred to me today, but like, has anyone seen any serious advertising for the Wii U other than the Nintendo Directs or stuff in the internet? Like I can't remember seeing a TV commercial about the system or any of the games at all. In fac, last Nintendo commercials I remember seeing were the Mario Kart 7 commercials and some for the 3DS.

It just occurred to me today, but like, has anyone seen any serious advertising for the Wii U other than the Nintendo Directs or stuff in the internet? Like I can't remember seeing a TV commercial about the system or any of the games at all. In fac, last Nintendo commercials I remember seeing were the Mario Kart 7 commercials and some for the 3DS.

Wait a minute, it only occurred to you now? It's one of the biggest things that has irritated me this console generation--Nintendo's lack of TV and media exposure.

There's definitely been a few Wii U adverts here in the UK - heck, I even saw a Pikmin 3 advert when I went to see Kick-Ass 2 in the cinema! - but largely they could be doing a lot better with it. I imagine they'll step it up when the likes of Mario come out nearer to Christmas.

Wait a minute, it only occurred to you now? It's one of the biggest things that has irritated me this console generation--Nintendo's lack of TV and media exposure.

I saw this commercial a couple times during the early days of launch, but even then, it didn't even come on TV that often. I think I've seen this like, maybe only 2-3 times total and never caught the full thing before looking it up on Youtube.

After that I think I saw Pikmin 3's trailer..... once? I can't even remember if it was on Youtube or TV because they occur so rarely compared to other games. It's really annoying because I know this affects the sales and the game shouldn't have that handicap. Same thing goes for Wonderful 101 too. Blargh...

I do think it's pretty cool that TOM reviewed Pikmin 3 but that's not nearly enough media exposure, especially when Toonami starts at midnight.... yeah nobody's going to see it (that doesn't already know about it at least) sadly. It's a decent start though.

congrats barry, if everything that goes well I should have WWHD before my 3Day weekend next week! and I got a bunch of dreamcast games to keep me busy

Thanks! Like the Wii, I'll probably have a small Wii U library. Lost World, Bayonetta 2 and Mario 3D World are the only games truly jumping out at me.

Any word on if Watch Dogs on Wii U will be better than the 360 version? Any Gamepad functions? I'm not planning on getting a Xbox One or PS4 for a while yet, and I really want to play Watch Dogs, so it's either 360 or Wii U for me. 

Thanks! Like the Wii, I'll probably have a small Wii U library. Lost World, Bayonetta 2 and Mario 3D World are the only games truly jumping out at me.

Any word on if Watch Dogs on Wii U will be better than the 360 version? Any Gamepad functions? I'm not planning on getting a Xbox One or PS4 for a while yet, and I really want to play Watch Dogs, so it's either 360 or Wii U for me. 

I'm sure they've said that Watch Dogs will make use of the GamePad in some way, but I don't think they've actually gone into specifics yet.

Off-TV play is probably a given though, at the very least.

You guys were right about the WiiU when you first boot it up. It took me two hours to get it all set up and download that huge update which was the majority of the time of course. Wow, never seen one take that long before XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure they've said that Watch Dogs will make use of the GamePad in some way, but I don't think they've actually gone into specifics yet.

Ten bucks says it's a map.

Off-TV play is probably a given though, at the very least.

Doesn't Nintendo mandate it for every game that doesn't use Wiimotes?

jesus fucking christ what is it with youtube on the browser? it literally keeps getting worse and worse. now i cant watch any youtube videos at all

at least now it comes up with an error message instead of crashing your console
Sratch that no it doesnt, only sometimes

also how the hell do you do the whole wii mode on the gamepad thing

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

jesus fucking christ what is it with youtube on the browser? it literally keeps getting worse and worse. now i cant watch any youtube videos at all

at least now it comes up with an error message instead of crashing your console

Sratch that no it doesnt, only sometimes

I know! It's so fucking annoying! I can only seem to watch like 1 in 10 videos because most of the time 'this video is not available on this device' urghhh

I know! It's so fucking annoying! I can only seem to watch like 1 in 10 videos because most of the time 'this video is not available on this device' urghhh

I wonder if its like my wii where it starts off good but the more you use it the less responsive it is, sometimes I try to watch youtube videos on that and it can take like 20 minutes to load and when there is a video on a page (like on this site sometimes) it just keeps asking to reload the page but it doesn't do it on youtube for some reason. Compared to when I first got the thing like 5 or so years ago it has been gradually getting worse.

Edited by megadude001

Just do the Embeded fix. Click on share, Embeded. and highlight the link that starts with www and ends next to a quotation.

YouTube updates makes it fuck up on numerous devices. Not the first time it's happened, they're to blame for lack of compatibility testing.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet but I saw SuperLink post about it on Miiverse and it deserves to be pointed out:

If you want to play Wii games on your GamePad without having a TV connected whatsoever, simply boot up your Wii U and change your TV settings to Non-HDMI. Then restart the system and hold B while loading to go straight to the Wii menu, and this will bypass the need to select the GamePad option on the TV screen. Voila, you have a small-screen Wii ready to be used!

So yeah, kudos to SuperLink for that very useful tip!

My mum told me that there was a Sonic Lost World advert and a Wind Waker HD advert on TV last night. Not sure what channel, but it was on UK television.

My mum told me that there was a Sonic Lost World advert and a Wind Waker HD advert on TV last night. Not sure what channel, but it was on UK television.

I saw a Wind Waker HD advert, think it was on... Channel 4 or E4 or something like that? Was nice to see it advertised.

WII U GET!

hNKBjwj.jpg

I've just received mine as well. I would take a picture, but there is no way I could out-do that blue teddy bear tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome! You still get Nintendo Network Premium with this bundle :D I thought that was a launch exclusive thing. 

I got my copy too today, with badass Ganondorf figure! I can't wait to play it again and to be filled with nostalgia feels~ <3

• Thumbs Up 1