Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

WII U GET!

hNKBjwj.jpg

Teddy Bear: This system is my system. If you so much as even breathe on it when I get it working -- I'll fish-slap you so hard, you'll find Nemo in your teeth!

Glad to see you, and a few others got their systems and etc. Hope you enjoy it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished setting up my Wii U. It looks like all of the features are already on there and no mandatory system update came up. I've gone to system update in the settings anyway and it is doing an update, but I don't think it's going to be a very long one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished setting up my Wii U. It looks like all of the features are already on there and no mandatory system update came up. I've gone to system update in the settings anyway and it is doing an update, but I don't think it's going to be a very long one.

If you dont have a very long system update right after starting, you are luckier than I was, who had to wait like an hour and fourty minutes for the update to start and completely finish.

That's likely the new one that just came out a couple of days ago.

I'd imagine that the Day 1 update would come preinstalled on the newer Wind Waker special edition systems.

Still waiting to get mine :/

i have the money and everything, just gotta go to Cheltenham to pick it up, I'm only getting a regular delux edition.

Mines going to arrive next week between tuesday and thursday just in time for a 3-day weekend(WWHD I mean)

I'm skipping out on WWHD for now.

I REALLY want that Ganondorf figure, but eh... I can wait.

That's when they sell out and go for $150 online.

That's when they sell out and go for $150 online.

I meant I can wait for the game.

The figure is tempting, but I can live without it.

Unless $20 magically falls into my hands in the next two days, it's proooobably not going to happen.

I am getting used to the Wii U. Played a bit of Windwaker HD. I have just started playing Sonic Colours for the first time ever (I bought a Wii MotionPlus remote so that I could play Colours).

I've played the first act of Tropical Resort. The game looks great and I love dat music!

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the topic of ads, I've seen normal Wind Waker ads and in a games show, they have those ads that pop-up up on the bottom of the screen in the last two episode (One of them had a few games, WW included the second was al about GTA V)

While I have yet to see any Wind Waker adverts, managed to pop into Game today to have a look at games out of curiousity and there in the corner was a Wii U all set up with a demo of Rayman Legends and a demo of Wind Waker HD near the GT6 preorder sign by the Wii/Wii U/Vita/PS3 side of the store. By the side of the Wii U was a Nintendo rep [since his t-shirt had a small Nintendo logo on it] who was nice. First he asked have you got a Wii U? The reply was that already have one and are very pleased with it but mentioned regarding that the gamepad battery life is very short and needs charging up all the time, whether they will be releasing a longer battery for it. His advice was send Nintendo an email regarding this so will probably do that, that's if they know themselves...

Just before leaving the store, saw someone starting up the demo of Wind Waker HD as the rep was trying to get the man into buying the Wii U Zelda bundle. So it seems that Nintendo is going for the showroom type of advertisement but the store was quite quiet today though.

Also it is a bit strange, from reading online the new battery claimed to be out yesterday but none of the online retailers (or Game itself) have stocked it. Wonder if it is meant to come out later and Amazon.fr (and whoever added it on Nintendo's website) jumped the gun in terms of announcements.

Not sure where to post this, but:

My sister and her friend went to McDonalds today and discovered that McDonalds(Germany at least), is putting Super Mario toys in the Happy Meals:

02_teaser_toy_1600.jpg03_teaser_toy_1600.jpg04_teaser_toy_1600.jpg05_teaser_toy_1600.jpg06_teaser_toy_1600.jpg07_teaser_toy_1600.jpg

http://www.mcdonalds.de/familien/spielzeug

She picked Peach.

hope these come to america

these looks better than any fast food nintendo toy i've ever seen

Edited by Cola

Settin' the bar high there.

I knew that as soon as the Wii U got a price drop, I'd be able to find basic 8GB systems on eBay for significantly cheaper.

Scored a Wii U Basic for $225 with free shipping. Bring on Sonic Lost World!

I've been wanting something like this to happen.

Either a Luigi's Mansion remake on 3DS using the Dark Moon engine, a Luigi's Mansion remake on Wii U, or a Wii U port of Dark Moon.

This listing is confusing, though. It's got new (likely a placeholder) boxart, and is a separate listing from the 3DS title, yet has a price tag of $40 like most new 3DS games (the site's dark moon listing is at $35ish). I dunno. It could be a mistake, or a sign of things to come...

Either way, I'd buy it again. You can never have too much Luigi's Mansion. A constant 60 fps would get me to order it day 1.

Edited by Cola

hope these come to america

That would imply NoA gives a shit.

• Thumbs Up 2