Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Mine has started doing the exact same thing lately, I've tried deleting all the cookies and it seems to work briefly but after a few videos it just ends up crashing again.

The YouTube app isn't even worth using, the browser version is infinitely better and I'm devastated that I suddenly can't use it properly!

Deleting cookies is a temporary fix?  I'll take it, I'm watching game grumps while doing chores so even a few videos is a good half hour's worth of entertainment.

EDIT: Phew it worked.  My productivity for the day is saved!  Luckily I never do anything on Wii U browser that requires logging in to stuff.

Edited by JezMM

Ugh for fuck’s sake my Wii U is crashing every time I play a Youtube video.  Literally the most useful feature of the internet browser is watching youtube in inconvenient places via the gamepad, and over the past year it has gone through spouts of:

- Not playing videos

- Playing unskippable adverts and then not playing the requested video afterwards

- Starting adverts IN THE MIDDLE of videos

- Playing adverts again if the video was scrolled back to the start

- Getting buffering problems on (weirdly) particular videos every time, consistently so halfway through the video it plays 1 second for every 20 of buffering

- And now crashing completely every time a video is started, even with the “embed/” workaround that cured the first update to youtube that prevented it from playing videos.

I wouldn’t mind if the dedicated youtube app wasn’t so shit.

It's been a problem for quite some time now. It's youtube's problem, not Nintendo's. At least I can still watch my animu just fine.

Ugh for fuck’s sake my Wii U is crashing every time I play a Youtube video.  Literally the most useful feature of the internet browser is watching youtube in inconvenient places via the gamepad, and over the past year it has gone through spouts of:

- Not playing videos

- Playing unskippable adverts and then not playing the requested video afterwards

- Starting adverts IN THE MIDDLE of videos

- Playing adverts again if the video was scrolled back to the start

- Getting buffering problems on (weirdly) particular videos every time, consistently so halfway through the video it plays 1 second for every 20 of buffering

- And now crashing completely every time a video is started, even with the “embed/” workaround that cured the first update to youtube that prevented it from playing videos.

I wouldn’t mind if the dedicated youtube app wasn’t so shit.

I've had this since I got mine. I think the adverts are the main issue, most times I'll press play and the whole system will lockup. The only videos that work for me are the ones that don't have ads (like my own).

Even the Youtube App will completely freeze things for some reason.

It's been a problem for quite some time now. It's youtube's problem, not Nintendo's. At least I can still watch my animu just fine.

Doesn't matter if it's not Nintendo's. If it's not they need to be working with youtube to get that shit fixed if it's gone on for so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watch YouTube videos via the web browser rather than the app. It also allows you to watch the vids on the screen of the Gamepad

Watch YouTube videos via the web browser rather than the app. It also allows you to watch the vids on the screen of the Gamepad

that's the problem. Videos with ads on the web browser freeze up the console.

NdCube are the dudes that made Mario Party. So it depends on whether you like those or not.

Only 9 and Island Tour we're done by NdCube, the rest we're made by Hudson Soft.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, NdCube is made up of the Hudson Soft members that made Mario Party 1-7.

who left hudson soft when they went inactive

Actually, NdCube is made up of the Hudson Soft members that made Mario Party 1-7.

After Mario Party 8, Nintendo restructured the team to shoot for quality. This explains why games like Wii Party and Mario Party 9 are actually really good games.

I had always planned on buying the Mario Party games again one day, though they aren't cheap. When I hear this, it makes me wonder. I had only played the original and 2 back in the day, so my memories of the game are only from those two. Did the series go way down hill from then to the last game that was released on the Wii?

It's been hit and miss. Mario Party 9 is a mixed bag with people, some like it, some don't. This is mainly due to them changing the way the game plays out due to it becoming somewhat stale. I do believe they changed it up again in the new 3DS one, Island Tour (each board seems to have a different means of winning).

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Isn't Mario Party 2/3 the one where people broke their N64 analog sticks?

That was Mario Party 1 which had minigames where you spun the control stick in circles. Nintendo actually got sued from people who hurt the hands and was forced to send anyone that called about MP1 gloves. It's also why MP1 isn't on VC console while 2 is. I have no clue why 3 never got put on the VC, especially since its probably the best Mario Party.

• Thumbs Up 6

That was Mario Party 1 which had minigames where you spun the control stick in circles. Nintendo actually got sued from people who hurt the hands and was forced to send anyone that called about MP1 gloves. It's also why MP1 isn't on VC console while 2 is. I have no clue why 3 never got put on the VC, especially since its probably the best Mario Party.

I remember those spin games. I'm glad I wasn't the only one back in the day that didn't like them. If I ever get the original again, I'll be sure to keep a glove around when I'm going to play it. I remember that was how you dealt with those minigames yes. I'm surprised they were able to release something like that, unless they didn't test the game a ton or ignored people telling them that those games were uncomfortable.

If they by chance release MP 1 on the Wii U Virtual Console, maybe the minigames that have you spinning the analog stick, can change so that you must button mash instead.

I actually really like mario party 7 and 6 along with 3 and 2 is good but out of all of them it has really poor balance while 3 has really good boards (pretty good size and very good overall design) and an actual really good balance compared to the others before and after.

Edited by megadude001

To add to this, it was also the one that cause people to develop blisters on their fingers from the rotating mini-games. i had to deal with that too...

As for favorite Mario Parties, 2 and 3 for me. I thought they had the best balance of great stages and mini-games. Also, one of these days. I'd really like to see the costumes from 2 used again. Thought it was a nice touch from that game.

Edit: Wait, sorry. I read it again, and you already touched on that. My bad.

Edited by Wonder-Unity

Can I sue SEGA for putting those stupid circle spins in Sonic Riders? angry.png

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 3

Can I sue SEGA for putting those stupid circle spins in Sonic Riders? angry.png

Have you experienced the Mario Party analog spins... dear... god.