Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Have you experienced the Mario Party analog spins... dear... god.

My brothers would get hand burns after playing Sonic Riders.

I really want to experience Mario Party now. I'm expecting my hand to fall off.

My brothers would get hand burns after playing Sonic Riders.

I really want to experience Mario Party now. I'm expecting my hand to fall off.

Dude, save yourself the pain. It was one of the absolute worst ideas Nintendo ever implemented for a game. And forget about playing the fucking game with CPU players, you have already lost.

I find the fact that peple got mad enough at Nintendo to sue them for something they actively chose to do ludicrous.

Like, goddamn, just get a refund.

Edited by Dino2d.dll

I've experienced that spinning with mario party one. If you dont' have to, don't. Play the game with a glove and it won't bother you that much. If you dont though, it will blister your hand after awhile from what I've seen. I'm not sure if It did it to me, but it did hurt after awhile, since it heats up your hand alot from spinning it that fast and often.

Am I the only one who uses the palm of his hand for the stick spinning bullshit? It's so much easier.

I'm pretty syre that is WHERE the blisters and the hurting came from. When you spin the stick so fast, you stick it there on the palm of your hand and it is rubbing your hand raw.

It wasn't completely unwarranted, lol.

[spoilered because ew nasty blisters]

74925-468x-mega3.jpg

You would think a player would stop before it got that point. Eww...

I had that happen with Rayman rabid rabbids

Do those rabid games have spinning move in them? I've never played them before.

Pachter: Whiny fanboys should shut up and buy a Wii U

Basically, a user asked the question
"Y IS NINTEDOH TAKIN SO LONG WIT WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES"

then he smirked and thought it was a stupid question and replied

"Nintendo fanboys like to get angry with me but they don't support their own system. Vote with your money, not your words. More support will happen faster if people (ie: Nintendo fanboy) buy the system."

Edited by Autosaver

It wasn't completely unwarranted, lol.

[spoilered because ew nasty blisters]

74925-468x-mega3.jpg

OH MY FUCKING GOD I HATE THAT MINIGAME! IT CAN EAT SHIT AND DIE! But anyway, to add some discussion.

I decided to just drop $300 on a wii u the other day. I was thinking about it the entire week, looking at my options for games. I knew Sonic Lost World was something I wanted to play that would be here fairly soon. Wonderful 101 had good reviews and from the sound of things was great fun. Wind Waker is simply nostalgic for me and takes me back to when I was first getting into gamung more seriously, plus its a damn good game overall. And later this year DK Tropical Freeze which is something I'm looking forward to. Top that off with the price being $299, it was kind of a no brainer that this was a good decision/purchase. 

I wasn't sure how the tv thing would work, but I was pleasantly surprised by how seamless my tv and cable box were integrated into the control pad, I used to think it was a dumb feature but I find myself using it quite a bit for changing the volume if its too loud etc. Overall, I am satisfied with this purchase, no regrets.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am planning on getting the Wii U console 'premium Windwaker bundle' when it's released this Friday (4 October). I will probably either buy it from my local GAME store, or order it online from Amazon.co.uk. The price is £249.99. Are there any cheaper prices - for this bundle - going round?

Fun fact: This will be my first Nintendo console. I have never played a Zelda game before or a Mario game (apart from Mario Kart). I will of course be getting Sonic Lost World. I am also thinking of getting Super Mario Galaxy 2, as you guys seem to highly recommend it. Any other games you can recommend?

Edited by -Bender-

Fun fact: This will be my first Nintendo console. I have never played a Zelda game before or a Mario game (apart from Mario Kart). I will of course be getting Sonic Lost World. I am also thinking of getting Super Mario Galaxy 2, as you guys seem to highly recommend it. Any other games you can recommend?

Super Smash Bros Brawl is the most obvious recommendation. It's one of the most fun fighting games of all time. If you don't have it, get it.

If you like Wind Waker HD, pick up Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword relies heavily on motion controls so I don't know if that's your thing.

Sonic Colors, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Kirby Returns to Dreamland are all excellent platformers that you should pick up. Galaxy 1 is also great and in my opinion waaay better than Galaxy 2. 

You also now have access to the entire Pikmin series with 1 and 2 being ported to Wii and 3 on the Wii U. Pick at least one up to see if you like it. It's one of my all time favorites, but it's not everyone's thing. 

Kriby's dream collection is a nice pick too, however some of the titles are on the VC, but not all(like kirby 64), and some titles that are not included(like Kirbys dream course) you can find on the shop

I am planning on getting the Wii U console 'premium Windwaker bundle' when it's released this Friday (4 October). I will probably either buy it from my local GAME store, or order it online from Amazon.co.uk. The price is £249.99. Are there any cheaper prices - for this bundle - going round?

On Virtual Console: Earthbound, Super Mario World, Megaman X, Megaman 2, Super Metroid.

Physically: The Wonderful 101 (run through the demo a couple of times first. If you don't like it at first, try it again. It should click after a bit) and Pikmin 3

For the Wii side: Sonic Colors, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Donkey Kong Country Returns

So some news, a recent interview revealed that there is going to be a demo released prior to the release of lego marvel superheroes, so I am wondering what is the standard demo release day for either Nintendo or TT, as I figure it ought to be released 2-3 weeks prior to the game(and the demo had better be on the wii-u XD, I need it to hold me over till my birthday when I get the full game)

Okay, some very interesting bits of information from Emily Rogers' Twitter:

3 things. 3DS firmware is no longer coming October. Wii U firmware update is sooner than you think. Wii U owners need to buy Ubisofts games

So first off, the 3DS firmware with Nintendo Network has been delayed, but will still be coming this year (hopefully). However, the Wii U firmware (AKA The Big Update) is set to be coming soon (see more later in this post).

And the final thing I noticed is a very very sad rumour if true; Ubisoft will be dropping support for Wii U if sales of their games on the system don't improve.

I'm dead serious about the third thing too. Based on what I'm hearing, if you want Ubisoft to support Wii U, you better support their stuff.

Now, they didn't say it's the system's sales were the problem, it's the fact that their games aren't selling on Wii U very well. This is really worrying, since Ubisoft is one of the main 3rd parties behind the Wii U. Without them, the Wii U would quite literally have NO games. Let's hope that this rumour is either not true, or they're bluffing.

And more about the firmware:

From what I hear there is a firmware update for Wii U this week. Most likely Monday. I don't know everything in update so don't overhype it.

That was posted 12 hours ago, so we may very well get The Big Update this week. I hope so at least.

But yeah, support Ubi's games too if you want them to keep coming to Wii U.

Edited by Wil348

Dropping support? If anything they are going to continue supporting the Wii U as Child of Light is coming to Wii U next year (I think, don't know when the game comes out) and with UbiArt Framework working on practliy everything, Valiant Hearts has a great chance of coming to Wii U. Don't know about The Crew and The Division (as both are exclusive to the PS4/X1), as they are next gen only (thus being very hard to put on Wii U; there's no cheap PS3/360 version to port over).

The next AC game will come to Wii U as well (as Ubisoft will most likely have one more cross-gen AC game before exclusively moving to the PS4/X1). The Rabbids games and the next hypothetical Rayman game (if its on the UbiArt frame work; they might go back to 3d platforming after Legends, its been some time since Rayman 3 came out...) also have a good chance of landing on Wii U too.

I don't think Ubisoft is dropping support, its just that there upcoming games may not be runnable on Wii U or that they will not have PS3/360 versions to port over, so some of there line up may not land on the system for that reason.

Its not like they are cutting features from there Wii U versions like other publishers are doing (come on WB, why no online in Arkam Origins Wii U....).