Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Or it could simply be Iwata wanting an excuse to go to Reggie's house more often.

It's obviously all so Iwata can teach Reggie Japanese.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo expects to launch Mario Kart Wii U, Mario Bros Wii U and more 'during the next several months' to drive hardware momentum

Zelda, Pokemon and Mario to boost Wii U and 3DS sales

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/48944/nintendo-expects-to-launch-mario-kart-wii-u-mario-bros-wii-u-and-more-during-the-next-several-months-to-drive-hardware-momentum/

If they do get those games out in the next several months, I'll bite. 

"(Super) Mario Bros. Wii U"

"a new 3D Mario game"

Strange they used that term for the 3D Mario Wii U game instead of the standard "Super Mario" title. It's probably  just a flub on the editor's part.

Edited by Gabe

Does anybody know when the Wii U update will release?

Would assume Thursday, that's usually when updates go up.

Does Iwata being CEO of NoA possibly mean we may get more Japanese exclusive games being localized?

pls

Does Iwata being CEO of NoA possibly mean we may get more Japanese exclusive games being localized?

pls

Fire Emblems 2 thru 6 pls

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, the VC lineup sucks. =|

Also, why wouldn't anyone want to go to Reggie's house? ;P

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

No Nintendo Press Conference at E3 2013

Nintendo will not hold a major press conference at E3 2013. The news comes via a financial results briefing held today in which Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said he "would like to use this opportunity to talk about this year’s E3."

"We decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past," Iwata said. "Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media."

Iwata explained the decision, pointing to recent Nintendo Direct presentations as an example of the company's new approach.

"In the past we invited reporters, investors and analysts, industry partners, such as software publishers, and distributors who attended E3 to our large-scale presentations," Iwata explained.

"We also used them as a communication tool in which we broadcast our presentations on the Internet to reach out to video game fans around the globe. I believe that many are expecting us to host a similar event this year. On the other hand, since we set out on new endeavors such as Nintendo Direct two years ago in October, we have been paying special attention to the fact that different people demand different types of information from us."

"For example, as video game fans are looking for information about games, it seems that they are less interested in sales figures that investors and analysts on the other hand attach much greater importance to, and distribution partners are looking for information on how we are going to market our products in the immediate future," he continued.

"At previous financial briefing sessions we announced information about our products, showed videos and even uploaded the recording of these events onto our website, but given that we now have an established method such as Nintendo Direct, we feel that we will be able to deliver our messages more appropriately and effectively by doing so individually based on the various needs of different groups of people."

"At E3 this year, we are not planning to launch new hardware, and our main activity at E3 will be to announce and have people experience our software. Many people are certainly very interested in learning more about the Wii U titles that we are going to announce. We will use E3 as an ideal opportunity to talk in detail mainly about the Wii U titles that we are going to launch this year, and we also plan to make it possible for visitors to try the games immediately. As a brand new challenge, we are working to establish a new presentation style for E3."

"Also, I did not speak at last year’s presentation, and I am not planning to speak at these events at the E3 show this year either," Iwata added. "Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3.

We will share more information about them once they have officially been decided. During the E3 period, we will utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience, including those who are at this financial briefing, mainly focusing on the software that we are going to launch in Japan, and we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans as well."

We've reached out to Nintendo for further clarification and will update this story with any comment we receive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/no-nintendo-press-conference-at-e3-2013?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!!

W-WHAT!??!?!?!?

WHY!??!?!

Excuse me for a second, im gonna go toss this fucking useless Wii-U out the window.

I took my happy pills and im looking at this with a cool head now (as in I actually read the whole thing lol),as long as we're still getting game news, I guess I can't be to mad about it.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

WHAT!

THE!

FUCK!

Fuck you Nintendo, can't even have a goddamn E3 conference, I was SOOO looking forward to all the cool announcements they are going to do! FUCK YOU NINTENDO!

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Well that's a first, if last year's E3 is any indication, yah, anyways I bet ninty doesn't want to be murdered by the ps4 and xbox 720, no I'm not joking this is my opinion, ps I like nintendo.

WHAT THE F--actually E3 has become so irrelevant to Nintendo these past few years I kind of expected it. The Nintendo Direct stuff has been doing more than enough to fill the gap.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 5

I think it's pretty smart actually. Here Microsoft and Sony are going all out showing their new consoles finally with a shit ton of shit, and what is Nintendo supposed to live up to if they had a giant ass meeting "We got these 5 new games coming!...yeah!" They're still showing off that stuffs, just in more concentrated bursts to hone in on each specifically, probably since that's all they have to show anyways. So I don't get the frustration really

I see you and I were thinking alike. :D

Well...didn't see that one coming.  But this doesn't mean they won't have anything to show us, just that there won't be a long-ass press conference for it.

And I haven't watched those in quite some time now anyways, so meh.

I like how only 3 people here actually read the stuff in the paragraphs.

"Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media."

Gonna miss the usual hype, but it's understandable, i'm sure they've got something better planned, i mean, imagine this

they show all the game demos and what not and finally before they go they say

"One more thing go to wii u e-shop now......... and play all games you saw today and have your own e3 live in your living room​."

it could mean you can download Retro's new game demo during E3, and stop reading news site.

Edited by Black Mamba

NINTENDO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE I TRUSTED YOU TO FULFILL ALL MY WISHES AND NOW YOU GO-

Hm, perhaps this is a bad time to mention that Miiverse can now be accessed from the Web now. The Web interface is a bit limited at the moment, though.

Oh hey, that's cool! Now the art gallery's open to everyone! :D

While it is probably a smart move, I will miss Nintendo's traditionally hype-filled conference. sad.png

Hopefully they'll really be able to engage with industry movers and shakers behind closed doors and make them excited about the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I expected as much from Nintendo. All things considered, they use their Direct function to for this purpose. I'm satisfied with the lineup they have for the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo has always been a time-will-tell company, and I can respect that. Do not bash because they have unique business practices. Wii U may not be a solid console to match in the future, but given the price points I have seen for the games of the PS4 and the new Xbox, we may start to see a shift towards their more affordable products.

Eh, I'm not too bummed about this decision. I assume they'll have multiple events similar to Nintendo Directs we've been getting every month/other month around E3. 

Seems we also don't have to worry about them wasting time presenting sales and figures for the first 20 minutes or so anymore.

Edit: Haha, Now that I actually took the time to read the whole article, I see they actually are considering doing separate events: one for investors and analysts, where they can share all of the sales and figures, and one for us, where the main focus is the software. I guess it's not too terrible after all. Very effective way to please everyone.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 1

Being used to the Nintendo Directs as a way to showcase most (if not all) of the bigger news this year, I'm not disappointed in them by not having a big-scale conference. At least they recognize the software is their important offering this year and are going to take advantage of that by other means.

• Thumbs Up 4