Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The stuff Emily Rogers is talking about is giving me serious unplaced hype. I really desperately want to connect my 3DS to my WiiU more, I want an account to link all of them so I don't have to keep rebuying stuff..!

I'm genuinely surprised that Nintendo hasn't taken advantage of Wii/DS and 3DS/WiiU connectivity more.

In any case, this seems rather interesting. Considering we've already been promised a 3D Mario on Wii U and Smash Bros at E3, among other things, I think Nintendo has something big lined up for it.

E3 this year for Nintendo is likely going to see the official video/gameplay reveals of the first 3D Mario game on the Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD and two unannounced titles for the last two quarters.

Maybe we'll actually get some information on whatever game Retro Studios has been working on lately?

Does this mean we can start with E3 speculation?

Besides the things we already know will be there (Mario U, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, WWHD), I expect them to announce two new Metroid games, one for 3DS, a 2D Sidescroller in the vain of Super Metroid by Sakamoto and his team at SPD 1, and one for Wii U by Retro in the vain of the Primes.

Bayonetta 2 will be shown off and LTTP2 will get it's final name and some new footage. They'll show off some 3rd Party titles to try and calm people down and will show one surprise 3rd Party game. I'm guessing it'll be Metal Gear, as the Miiverse list from earlier this year had it and had others games from it be confirmed already. They'll probably announce a few new 1st party Wii U games, we haven't seen or heard about yet and the other colllaborations they talked about in January.

I know they usually save a lot of things for Nintendo Directs, but I think they'll have to do something big this year to get the Wii U out of it's hole and be able to hold their own at E3 against 2 new consoles.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does this mean we can start with E3 speculation?

Besides the things we already know will be there (Mario U, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, WWHD), I expect them to announce two new Metroid games, one for 3DS, a 2D Sidescroller in the vain of Super Metroid by Sakamoto and his team at SPD 1, and one for Wii U by Retro in the vain of the Primes.

Bayonetta 2 will be shown off and LTTP2 will get it's final name and some new footage. They'll show off some 3rd Party titles to try and calm people down and will show one surprise 3rd Party game. I'm guessing it'll be Metal Gear, as the Miiverse list from earlier this year had it and had others games from it be confirmed already. They'll probably announce a few new 1st party Wii U games, we haven't seen or heard about yet and the other colllaborations they talked about in January.

I know they usually save a lot of things for Nintendo Directs, but I think they'll have to do something big this year to get the Wii U out of it's hole and be able to hold their own at E3 against 2 new consoles.

Don't forget Wii Fit U /sarcasm They've been oddly quiet on that, and that was supposed to be out in the launch window. Maybe they've decided to make a new Wii U Balance Board with a touch screen for your feet tongue.png

STOP

STOP MAKING MY HEART SKIP FOR THINGS I KNOW WON'T HAPPEN

How about a new Console StarFox game, now THAT would cause some MAJOR hype

How about a new Console StarFox game, now THAT would cause some MAJOR hype

Am I the only one that's never understood what's so appealing about Starfox?  It's like Metroid but furry and uninteresting.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think there's a lot to be attached to in StarFox, especially if you grew up with it. The characters and dynamics are really endearing and memorable to a lot of people, I think tons of people want to follow their story.

Plus there's still so much they could do with space shooting genres., that no one is doing.

(and I don't mean on foot, I mean in ships, pew pew pew)

Personally would prefer a full-on Metroid series revival like Gen6 had, but I would love a StarFox game too.. or an F-Zero, any of those games that haven't been seen for a while alongside a truly new and unique IP with that Nintendo feel to it.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

I just want to see Retro's newest game and at least two new surprise announcements, one of them which I hope is a new Metroid or Starfox game. I'm dying to see that Super Smash Bros and Mario U footage though~

• Thumbs Up 1

I think there's a lot to be attached to in StarFox, especially if you grew up with it. The characters and dynamics are really endearing and memorable to a lot of people, I think tons of people want to follow their story.

Plus there's still so much they could do with space shooting genres., that no one is doing.

(and I don't mean on foot, I mean in ships, pew pew pew)

I guess it's just because I was never exposed to it (besides 64) when I was younger, unlike the other series (Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Kirby Superstar, etc.)

Speaking of Kirby, when are we going to get Air Ride U and a fucking 3D adventuring game?  Because seriously, a hack n' slashy, explore-y type Kirby would be FUCKING GREAT.

• Thumbs Up 1

A 3D explorathon Kirby could be fantastic, I think Nintendo are scared to let Kirby branch out.. or maybe that's more to do with Kirby's developers being a little smaller than Nintendo's in-house devs, sort of like GameFreak.

• Thumbs Up 2

A 3D explorathon Kirby could be fantastic, I think Nintendo are scared to let Kirby branch out.. or maybe that's more to do with Kirby's developers being a little smaller than Nintendo's in-house devs, sort of like GameFreak.

Return to Dreamland was actually going to be a full-on 3D game between the Gamecube version and the one we have today, but they couldn't make gameplay they were happy with.  I think if they were to put their minds to it, and get a good budget, they could really make a groundbreaking, award-winning Kirby.

Kirby's in a bit of sad position.  His games are all great, but none of them ever break any new ground (yet, they somehow stay fresh and fun), and thus never get recognized for how fun they are.

Oh God, how could I forget about Kirby? I really want to see new games for Kirby on 3DS and Wii U, like when Mass Attack and Return to Dreamland came out in the same year but on different consoles.

But just imagine an HD Kirby. Dreamland would look gorgeous in those graphics!

Edited by Gabz Girl

I'd love to see an Air Ride 2 on the WiiU and a Superstar 2 on 3DS (using the Return to Dreamland engine with a few powers like Mirror, Jet, and Wheel added).

Unfortunately, Kirby had such an early Two-Console Boom that we'll probably have to wait while the other IPs get their turn.

Mario's had his PLENTY, Zelda's getting one, Animal Crossing will probably get one, Fire Emblem (!) is getting/has gotten one, Metroid is (hopefully) probably getting one, and Starfox might.

EDIT: Oh, and Yoshi, too!

So Kirby will get his turn again eventually tongue.png

Edited by 100% Uncut Wario

Am I the only one that's never understood what's so appealing about Starfox?  It's like Metroid but furry and uninteresting.

I don't know how Metroid and Star Fox are even a little bit related in terms of gameplay. O.o

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I can't help but be surprised at how strong the series is becoming! Awakening is doing well worldwide and it's getting a WiiU crossover with SMT which is something no one in the entire universe saw coming.

If FE has its turn in the spotlight and a reinvigorating game with tons of new ideas, it gives me hope that even arguably "niche" series' like StarFox or F-Zero can get another boom someday.

• Thumbs Up 4

I know, right?

And God, if F-Zero came back... -sniff-

I might just tear up.  -sniffsniff-

• Thumbs Up 2

Analysts expect Nintendo to post an 18.7 billion yen loss tomorrow making it their second annual loss in the history of the company, both experienced in a row. That would be around $188 million, which is about half of what they lost last year. If I'm not mistaken, Sony and Square posted similar losses.

Net income of 14 billion yen is possible due to weakening of the yen.

Bloomberg are predicting a 70 billion yen income for next year which would fall under Iwata's commitment to see an increase of 100 billion. Wii U is said to have not met it's lowered fiscal year expectation with around 500,000 units under the mark.

Tough year ahead but with 3DS getting a slew of key titles and unannounced Wii U games this year they might make it.

Youch. That's not good at all. The Wii U really has done pretty poorly, hasn't it?

But I presume it's just a case of folks waiting for the price to go down or having enough titles to merit buying it, much like myself, really. There really is some merit to that idea of having it so consoles are purchased cheaply with one lump sum and regular payments afterward, I think.

So hopefully those new titles will help the company fare better in the 2013 fiscal year.

Well if nothing else I know what to buy myself a large amount of shares of tomorrow.

It's probably the same deal as the 3DS. People didn't know just what the hell it was at first, and those that did weren't ready to get one due to launch lineups usually being all there is until much further into the year.

rumored F Zero game in development.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/f-zero-wii-u-could-be-in-the-works-by-shinen-games

New F Zero in development? HELL YEAH.

Again, "could" is the keyword here. It's best not to get too excited about this until E3 confirms something so that, if this proves to be untrue, there won't be too much disappointment.

Edited by Komodin

main.png

Further confirmation that Purple and White Pikmin are returning. Good to see them again!

• Thumbs Up 3