Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Woo! Clearly they just don't deserve a spot on the cover, but I can deal with that. The Winged Pikmin are plenty cool.

I had a dream last night that Pikmin 3 became a console seller.  That'd be pretty fucking cool.  And alright!  Whites and Purples confirmed!

I also dreamed that I climbed a mountain for a Gameboy Color with Pokémon Blue in it, so...

Shin'en make some pretty decent download titles, but I don't think they could handle a larger scale game like F-Zero. Unless the next F-Zero is going to be a smaller project than past entries.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the WiiU Virtual Console launch lineup has been confirmed;

• Balloon Fight
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climber
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Punch Out!!
  • F-Zero
  • Super Mario World

RzeMC.png

Ok I know people were telling me to chill out a few pages back, but the Wii launched with far far far far more than this. On launch day. This has taken them 5 months. What the heck is up.

I'm predicting a trickle of NES games, maybe one NES game we've all played before per month. The most depressing thing is, like many people have said, Nintendo have access to such a huge and amazing range of games and yet they're ridiculously hesitant to release them, even when the WiiU is suffering so much. This sort of thing could really increase console interest. No? No. Ok.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think Nintendo must be seeing how close they can get to the brink without falling in or something.

Super Mario World is the only half-exciting one on that list, purely because it's not already been re-released as part of the 30p NES thingies or on the 3DS VC. None of the others are especially "brand new and exclusive to Wii U".

Poor show, Nintendo. Poor show.

Wait where's Super Metroid!?

My guess is it'll be added after the 30p version next month.

My guess is it'll be added after the 30p version next month.

Especially since it's only, y'know.

30c/p.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Balloon Fight
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climber
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Punch Out!!
  • F-Zero
  • Super Mario World

samwell-scared-game-of-thrones.gif

Nintendo, I am so very disappointed in you. I've played half of those games already! Get something new for a change, or at least a bigger selection! Honestly, what a bloody letdown.

So the WiiU Virtual Console launch lineup has been confirmed;

• Balloon Fight
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climber
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Punch Out!!
  • F-Zero
  • Super Mario World

Well, I'm not one to go all, "OH NOES! NINTENDO IS DOOMED!!!", but this is just disappointing on their part. Didn't the Wii have a bigger VC launch lineup?

Well, I'm not one to go all, "OH NOES! NINTENDO IS DOOMED!!!", but this is just disappointing on their part. Didn't the Wii have a bigger VC launch lineup?

I'm pretty sure by like ten times.

WiiU's VC line-up should've been all of the "basic" VC Nintendo games (all the old Marios, all the old Metroids, etc.), plus

-Pikmin (GC)

-Luigi's Mansion (GC)

-Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC)

-Metroid Prime (GC)

-Super Mario Sunshine (GC)

-Earthbound (SNES)

-F-Zero GX (GC)

-Kitchen Sink (YM)

Edited by Waribro

Wii had around thirty titles I think.* Amazed Zelda isn't there. At least this knocks some obvious titles out, just wish there was more.

* Late Edit: Blind trusting what people say on the internet isn't always s.m.r.t.

Edited by Mykonos

Super Mario World is the only one worth getting. F-Zero, Punch-Out!! and Kirby's Adventure would be too, but everyone who already wanted them got them for 30 cents. I mean, seriously...Ice Climber? Really? What's next, Urban Champion?

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Did Nintendo actually confirm that NGC games will arrive to VC?

I think Ice Climber is pretty fun in it's own right so I'm happy to have a way to play it outside Animal Crossing (I didn't have my job throughout the Wii's lifespan, and when I got steady income the Wii U was almost out and I wasn't sure how transferring would work).

In comparison, for the Wii's US VC launch we had:

Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Pinball, Soccer, Solomon's Key, The Legend of Zelda, Wario's Woods, and Donkey Kong Jr. for the NES. F-Zero and SimCity for the SNES, Super Mario 64 for the...N64, and Altered Beast and Sonic 1 for the Genesis. According to Wikipedia. So it's not a huge difference, some people were saying the Wii had 30+ titles for its VC launch. 

I doubt they plan to port everything over, considering you can play it on the Wii menu if you really desire it.

That being said, an N64 game on the gamepad would be sweet. Heck, Super Mario World on the gamepad is going to be kick-ass.

Know what freakin' game they still need to release on the VC? Donkey Kong 64. I don't care what people say, I love it.

Know what freakin' game they still need to release on the VC? Donkey Kong 64. I don't care what people say, I love it.

At the very least id like to try it out, it's only still playable on the N64 isn't it?