Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

So Nintendo can no longer afford their own E3 conferences! HA! Another example of how far Nintendo has falled fron grace and is hurtling toward their imminent end in the near future! #/nintendoomed

But seriously, no more big conferences? That kinda sucks. Glad to know that they'll still have E3 events like Nintendo Direct, but....the hype buildup/payoff is not really gonna be the same this year without Reggie, Myiamoto, and Iwata on-stage dropping E3 bombs, playing video games and spawning fountains of memes. :(

• Thumbs Up 2

So Nintendo can no longer afford their own E3 conferences! HA! Another example of how far Nintendo has falled fron grace and is hurtling toward their imminent end in the near future! #/nintendoomed

But seriously, no more big conferences? That kinda sucks. Glad to know that they'll still have E3 events like Nintendo Direct, but....the hype buildup/payoff is not really gonna be the same this year without Reggie, Myiamoto, and Iwata on-stage dropping E3 bombs, playing video games and spawning fountains of memes. sad.png

Looking at things in hindsight half of Nintendo's conference is numbers.  Nintendo has realizes this and just split things to give those people what they want. Gamers are given game information and are spared from numbers, big-wigs are spared from game details because probably half of them don't play games.

The only realistic problem I'm seeing is that non-gaming press may not take as much notice of Nintendo this year compared to Nintendo's big competitors, and not having a big conference may make Nintendo's impact on the outside world even smaller. Yeah.. gamers are going to be tuning in and we'll probably see some brilliant games from them, but outside of gamers and gaming press, will Nintendo be seen as a "small deal" this year?

That's really the only thing I would worry about.

And the lack of WiiU update is a little concerning.

The only realistic problem I'm seeing is that non-gaming press may not take as much notice of Nintendo this year compared to Nintendo's big competitors, and not having a big conference may make Nintendo's impact on the outside world even smaller. Yeah.. gamers are going to be tuning in and we'll probably see some brilliant games from them, but outside of gamers and gaming press, will Nintendo be seen as a "small deal" this year?

Nintendo keeps lamenting decisions with the WiiU lack of software, lack of promoting. But no action is beening done about it. This so called update not being available is concerning your right. This to be honest looks to be worse than the 3DS's problems last year.

Can't really do much about it right now but bite the bullet and wait the games out, starting summer when the onslaught of video games starts coming out. June will see Game & Wario, August will see Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Blacklist, the two latter of which are the first Wii U multiplatforms to launch simultaneously with other versions well after an expected install base has increased. After that, Wind Waker HD, Wii Fit U Mario Kart 8, TW101 and 3D Mario, with the possibility of much more later down the line.

Seems like everything was willingly pushed back to after the fiscal year ending so the results would look substantially better after this last year. Some speculate that games like Pikmin 3 are already done and were strategically delayed.

Also Wii U update was said to come this week, they never said what day and what time.

I bet Reggie will do some of the presentations

I was under the impression that WiiU update would go live today and VC tomorrow, I hope there haven't been any weird delay things.

Eh, I think they're making a rather stupid decision by cancelling the press conference  Not as many people know about Nintendo Direct (unless they make a BIG advertising push about it) so not as many people will know about the new games. Also, promising a conference with all this hype, and then not delivering is going to piss a lot of people off, therefore losing sales. I know they are still gonna show the games but.......people were expecting their conference, and not delivering is gonna piss them off. 

IDK, in some ways it's a smart decision, and in some ways it's dumb

All I know is their hype-filled conference will be sorely missed this year. 

Clearly you missed the Bayonetta 2 incident.

Don't really see that, as they're also having a press event.

Pfft, just show 5 seconds of Super Smash Bros U/3D and Mario U/Zelda U and I'll be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard that the spring update is now available to download. Is this true?

I was warned that it'd take an hour to download the update, let alone install it. Actual time: Ten minutes.

icon_cool.gif 

It's nice to finally be able to change screen size in the System Settings menu. It's been annoying having stuff cut off the edge of the TV for a while now, and now it doesn't. Well, not so much. To have nothing cutting off would leave a slim black border around the screen's edge, and that might get distracting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worth mentioning: Every VC game released in Europe is in 60Hz.

So far, only Balloon Fight and Kirby are the odd ones out. I imagine Balloon Fight will be fixed with the proper release.

The estimate gave me an hour but the download actually took twenty minutes.  Nice change, since it usually works the other way for me ('there've been 5 minutes left for the last fifteen minutes!').  Was certainly much faster to weigh in today, since I can press B on the wiimote as soon as the screen goes white (and it conveniently tells you it's loading the Wii menu), and faster to return to the Wii U one.

Virtual Console titles are up in the NA eShop store, you have to go to the bottom of the page and choose to see all content at the moment.

also panorama view

Downloading now. Please tell me they added folders?

Sadly not. However, there are so little games available to download that it just feels like it would be a waste of time this early on.

Sadly not. However, there are so little games available to download that it just feels like it would be a waste of time this early on.

Oh that sucks, I wanted to organise all the Virtual Console titles into which system they were released for. Blehhh

So does the discount thing work if the system recognizes the Wii version of the title on your SD card or something? I can't assume Super Mario World is just discounted for anyone.

I don't know if this has been posted yet... but if anyone is going to actually use that Wii-U Panoramic view thing... it has easter eggs... literally.

6KPz8Sv.jpg

Bus Kareoke is big here in the UK.