Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

Ugh, Hero of Legend discovers these GameStop listings and goes to the effort to scan them up and now various websites are reporting about them with no credit given to him.

GoNintendo's posted it up and other sites are sourcing them with no credit to Hero of Legend.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=157628

http://www.3dsfocus.com/2011/05/sonic-generations-time-crisis-3ds.html

http://gbatemp.net/t291817-loose-source-sonic-generations-coming-to-the-3ds

The bigger sites will probably cover it soon with no credit to him. Bloody typical.

Getting away from the dumb argument going on, on this topic. Wow, Sucks to be Hero right now. Did all the work but receiving very little credit. Well at least Shadzter gave you credit. ;)

Why anyone would buy a 3DS over a 360/PS3 is beyond me... Seriously xD

Because it's handheld? & you can take it anywhere? And netflix will soon be coming to the 3DS? & a long list of crap I don't feel like mentioning. Just putting my 2 cents in this.

Don't say that, look at Capcom, bringing SF4 to 3DS but not Wii.

Different set of circumstances.

Edited by Tornado

Yeah, and people only hate '06 because they aren't good at video games. Everything's perfectly fine and anyone who disagrees is not just wrong but lying to make trouble too.

Please stop acting like I'm an asshole, I don't appreciate it.

FTR, I'm not the one that's neg-repped this post. You're not an arsehole, but you're coming off as one and it's hugely annoying.

By including levels from handheld games they'd be further celebrating 20 years of history. It's a shame if you wouldn't be able to relate to that, but this game is pretty much the perfect example of "you can't please everyone".

• Thumbs Up 1

By including levels from handheld games they'd be further celebrating 20 years of history.
Great! Include them in both versions, then. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why anyone would buy a 3DS over a 360/PS3 is beyond me... Seriously xD

Because there is nothing else to buy on the 3DS

Seriously though, I usually make plans on buying both. The handheld tittles in the series (Battle, Colors DS, Rush, W. Olympics DS, Chronicles) are usually very story oriented. For people who like the characters (as in those of us who enjoy taking them apart) the handheld games are practically a must buy.

Great! Include them in both, then.

I really, really fail to see why it would a problem to do them separately. If anything it makes more sense to me to include the handheld, usually spin-off/non-canon stages in their own collection.

I really, really fail to see why it would a problem to do them separately. If anything it makes more sense to me to include the handheld, usually spin-off/non-canon stages in their own collection.
And thus fuck over anyone who doesn't have a 360 or PS3 and wants to celebrate the stages that actually matter.

I feel we're going in circles here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because it's handheld? & you can take it anywhere? And netflix will soon be coming to the 3DS? & a long list of crap I don't feel like mentioning. Just putting my 2 cents in this.

*Looks at username* Aside from the portability don't you think a 360/PS3 is the better purchase?

Also the 3DS currently costs MORE than a 360...

Edited by Segakid

I feel we're going in circles here.

Yes, we absolutely are. And like I said before, we're being as stupid as each other. And so, moving on...

Think this game might just be Sonic Rush meets Sonic 4? You know, like how Colours DS was basically Rush 3. I would be disappointed, but it's very possible. Iizuka did say they were interested in putting the camera behind Sonic for a 3DS game a while ago, but stil...

Edited by Blue Blood

I just think Dio is just miffed at the idea of one version getting Hydrocity, while the other gets Water Palace in its place. While I personally adore Water Palace, it doesn’t take a genius to see that there is an obvious disparity there. Advantage HD version if you will.

I don’t necessarily agree with that, but I see where’s he’s coming from. A handheld game featuring handheld history would automatically fall down a rung on the Generations ladder, which is not something the game needs looking over its shoulder after Wii Unleashed and DS Colors.

I guess you just don't want a 2nd tier title wearing the 20th anny logo?

• Thumbs Up 1

*Looks at username* Aside from the portability don't you think a 360/PS3 is the better purchase?

Excluding portability basically makes any comparison moot. It isn't a matter of "Hm, I really like the 3DS, but the PS3 is so much better" because it doesn't work that way.

Excluding portability basically makes any comparison moot. It isn't a matter of "Hm, I really like the 3DS, but the PS3 is so much better" because it doesn't work that way.

This.

But we don't really need to get into a debate about consoles and such here.

I have nothing against the 3DS, but in my opinion it isn't worth the extra money.

But back to the topic at hand, it would be interesting if the 3DS version had exclusive retakes on handheld stages. I would laugh if they remade Splash Hill Zone xD

Edited by Segakid

Yes, we absolutely are. And like I said before, we're being as stupid as each other. And so, moving on...

Think this game might just be Sonic Rush meets Sonic 4? You know, like how Colours DS was basically Rush 3. I would be disappointed, but it's very possible. Iizuka did say they were interested in putting the camera behind Sonic for a 3DS game a while ago, but stil...

I think Classic Sonic gameplay will be more or less unchanged, but Modern Sonic could end up playing like Rush which is basically Sonic 4+boost. It depends on their approach to Modern Sonic I guess. Do they want full 3D levels that can't possibly be as expansive as the console version or do they want to limit Modern Sonic to 2.5D like Classic Sonic?

Also the 3DS currently costs MORE than a 360...

*Glares back*

Hahah Yeah I do. Better games, better graphics, better everything. And it's cost less right now. The console not the games.

And the 3DS is in glorious THREE DEE!

In all honesty, I'll be pretty disapponted if we get a 2D sidescrolling Sonic on the 3DS. I enjoy 2D games as much as the next person, but when the technology is capable of so much more, it just feels a bit lazy.

Of course, a good chunk of Generations is going to be 2D gameplay anyway, but I'll be a bit miffed of they just give modern Sonic 2D gameplay as well in a handheld version.

Given that most Handheld games are made by Dimps I expect it to be a carbon copy of Unwiished for Modern Sonic and Rush Physics for Classic Sonic. Sounds Sweet, eh?

So, Sonic generations Wii contains Sonic 4 Episode 2?

Here's an idea

For Modern Sonic include the storybook stages

And for Classic Sonic include the Sonic Advance and Rush stages

I'M A FUCKING CHAMPION!

As has been mentioned before, a perfect port is possible. Capcom used some sort of black magic to fit an 8 gigabyte game onto a 2 gig launch game card. Yes, they had to drop a few features and animated backgrounds, but they more than made up for it with what they did include. If SEGA could get their hands on a larger card, then a true port is very viable. Include a few exclusive levels and SEGA's got a winner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's an idea

For Modern Sonic include the storybook stages

And for Classic Sonic include the Sonic Advance and Rush stages

I'M A FUCKING CHAMPION!

I absolutely cannot see a decent game being made 50% out of levels from the storybook series.

Besides, this really wouldn't make sense

A.) Rush is the 2D equivalent of the Modern games. C.Sonic would be out of place

B.) If SEGA is using handheld levels it's because the 3DS version is to pay homage to handheld games. Games from the storybook series belong on the console game.

Edited by BD3

How about this...

If there is going to be a 3DS version and it's going to be about the handheld games, I suggest levels from handheld Sonic games from Sonic Chaos to Sonic Rush Adventure (or Colors DS) each with a classic and modern version. That way we can have our Sunset Park Act 3... IN 3D!

Sonic Generations... on 3DS?

OH MAH GAWD YES PLEASE!!! :blink:

If there's one rumour I want to be true, it's this one. It would be a perfect way to celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary on Nintendo consoles (all of his best stages... IN THREEEEE DEEEEEE!) and would happily shut me up.

I'm not against the whole "best of handheld stages" idea either. Would certainly make it more unique, but then again the handheld games have never been as memorable as the console ones.