Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

I'm not talking about the gameplay or the graphics, I'm talking about what levels are selected. I want to celebrate with the levels that are familiar to me and important to the series, not the ones from obscure and irrelevant games I've barely played.

If a 3DS version is indeed in development, then honestly I think Sega would be too lazy to make levels based on handheld games and is just going to put stripped-down versions of the ones found in the PS3/360 game.

If a 3DS version is indeed in development, then honestly I think Sega would be too lazy to make levels based on handheld games and is just going to put stripped-down versions of the ones found in the PS3/360 game.

And this is the likely outcome, really. But still, I enjoy both versions of Colours.

You know what they say, the more the merrier!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the exact same premise. It can't be helped if you don't particularly like the handheld games. I'm sure most people would be keen on the idea of having different stages, be they from the handheld games or otherwise.. Oh well...
It's nice if they have access to both level sets. For people who will only have the 3DS version, don't you think (unless they were raised on the Game Gear/Master System games) they'd rather have Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Lava Reef over Bridge...and whatever the hell else the GG/MS games have (I don't even know)?

Generations for the 3DS?!

...oh my. Will this version by any chance feature stages from the handheld series, ranging from the Game Gear classics such as the Sonic & Tails series to the modern outings of the Sonic Rush series? And could it possibly be written by Yasushi Otake, who's been manning the stories of the DS ports as of late?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkLdBw4FxQ

Eeeee! Hype levels have been increased by 20%! A lot of my favourite levels happen to be from the portable outings, and to see them re-created in 3D would be super duper awesome (Sunset Park and Coral Cave? Awwww yeeaaahhh). If Great Battle Kukku 15th and Captain Whisker pop up as DS-exclusive characters I will be one happy Sonic fan.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the handheld levels are so great, why not put them in both versions? Everyone wins.

That sounds fun but IF that IS the whole point of a Sonic Generations 3DS version then we're getting what we're getting. Deal with it.
I am sick and tired of this shit. I didn't "deal with" Big's fishing, I didn't "deal with" ShtH, I didn't "deal with" '06, I'm not going to just "deal with" this.
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

A Generations clone sounds a bit too ambitious, so I’d bank money that we will be getting a game somewhere along the lines of a Sonic Rush / Sonic Pocket Adventure split (which would actually be pretty sweet). Modern Sonic would get the boost happy 2D gameplay DIMPS is good at, and they can go back a few years to pull from (one of) the Advance Series and Neo-Geo game to build up C. Sonic.

I’d buy it, and considering I already have access to the PS360 variant, the more unique the game is the better. The Colors DS game had a ton of unique stuff and plot points, so that would be cool to see again.

If the handheld levels are so great, why not put them in both versions? Everyone wins.

I loose in an "everyone wins" scenario. If I plan on buying both games, than buying similar products hinders the enjoyment I could be having with two completely unique titles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loose in an "everyone wins" scenario.
No you don't, you just get more acts.

No you don't, you just get more acts.

And then I get to buy the same game twice, with one possibly being vastly superior to the other. Yeah that sounds like a win to me.

Giving these stages their own game to roll around in, while not infringing on its HD brother would, while sucking for those without access to the PS360, give me the most bang for my buck.

• Thumbs Up 2

And then I get to buy the same game twice, with one possibly being vastly superior to the other. Yeah that sounds like a win to me.
Then...don't buy it. You still have the PS3/360 version. If they're that similar, then buying both would be as nonsensical as buying it for both the PS3 and the 360.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Then...don't buy it. You still have the PS3/360 version. If they're that similar, then buying both would be as nonsensical as buying it for both the PS3 and the 360.

Precisely. That's why a "everyone wins" scenario deprives me of a potential game to play on my 3DS

everyone wins = DogTagz missing an opportunity to play another Sonic game.

If the game was built on its own, I'd have no reservation buying it and I would reap the ensuing enjoyment. Y U no want DogTagz to be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y U no want DogTagz to be happy.
You can go be happy with your PS360 Generations, now shoo.

Wait wait wait. But didn't Sega themselves say Sonic Generations was a 360/ps3 game only? I trust gamestop and you but I'm not sure if I can believe this. I mean we all saw, heard and read it in the 3+ interviews...."Sonic generatiosn coming out later this year on 360 & PS3."

I am sick and tired of this shit. I didn't "deal with" Big's fishing, I didn't "deal with" ShtH, I didn't "deal with" '06, I'm not going to just "deal with" this.

How is the idea of dealing with Generations having levels you don't like comparable to dealing with shit games?

• Thumbs Up 1

How is the idea of dealing with Generations having levels you don't like comparable to dealing with shit games?
Not entirely well, but the point is that I'm not going to just shut up and pretend nothing's wrong when I feel something is; it does no good for anyone, except people who can't stand people disagreeing with them.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Diogenes, I'm really not quite sure what you're upset about. There's a chance that there is no Generations 3DS. You should be happy if you get anything.

And just some food for thought: Let's not forget that stages from the Modern games are being revisited too and the fact is that you can't run an Unleashed HD level on the 3DS. This means if the levels are the same, you're going to be playing some levels which are actually inferrior to what they're paying homage to.

Edited by BD3

You do realise, the 3DS version will probably just be a scaled down version of the PS360 version.

I don't think SEGA would put enough money to support an entirely new game for the 3DS at this stage. I dunno though, they've pulled many a surprise this year.

Anyway, even if they did build an entirely new Generations for the 3DS, who's to say that it won't just contain Canon console levels that didn't make the PS360 version. I dunno, Emerald Hill/Angel Island instead of Green Hill and so on....

I have to imagine that if Sega isn't going to do a Wii version, they sure as hell aren't going to do one for the 3DS.

...and about the other games on that list, Time Crisis? Dunno how well a light-gun series would translate to a handheld, since tapping on enemies just wouldn't be the same as pointing and shooting.

Point Blank worked fine. Though, on the other hand, Point Blank wasn't Time Crisis.

I have to imagine that if Sega isn't going to do a Wii version, they sure as hell aren't going to do one for the 3DS.

Point Blank worked fine. Though, on the other hand, Point Blank wasn't Time Crisis.

Don't say that, look at Capcom, bringing SF4 to 3DS but not Wii.

Diogenes, I'm really not quite sure what you're upset about. There's a chance that there is no Generations 3DS. You should be happy if you get anything.
This is stupid. If it's '06-level terrible, should I still be happy I got something? Should I stop complaining about the games entirely and just be happy they're still being made? Of course not.

My problem is the idea that a 3DS version should be co-opted as an accessory for the PS360 version rather than being valid as a standalone game. Unless they're planning to port it to Cafe/Wii2 in a year or two, chances are this supposed 3DS version is the only thing a Nintendo-exclusive fan is going to get for the anniversary. Turning it into a dumping ground for levels from handheld games, at the expense of levels from games we actually want to celebrate, would be a big middle finger to us.

And just some food for thought: Let's not forget that stages from the Modern games are being revisited too and the fact is that you can't run an Unleashed HD level on the 3DS. This means if the levels are the same, you're going to be playing some levels which are actually inferrior to what they're paying homage to.
I don't really mind if the Unleashed levels (if indeed there are any) aren't as big and don't look as pretty as the originals.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is stupid. If it's '06-level terrible, should I still be happy I got something? Should I stop complaining about the games entirely and just be happy they're still being made? Of course not.

My problem is the idea that a 3DS version should be co-opted as an accessory for the PS360 version rather than being valid as a standalone game. Unless they're planning to port it to Cafe/Wii2 in a year or two, chances are this supposed 3DS version is the only thing a Nintendo-exclusive fan is going to get for the anniversary. Turning it into a dumping ground for levels from handheld games, at the expense of levels from games we actually want to celebrate, would be a big middle finger to us.

I don't like repeating myself but....

Anyway, even if they did build an entirely new Generations for the 3DS, who's to say that it won't just contain Canon console levels that didn't make the PS360 version. I dunno, Emerald Hill/Angel Island instead of Green Hill and so on....

Is that a big "Screw You" to 3DS/Nintendo only fans?

Because if that is indeed the case, it sounds a lot more like its a big "Screw you" to non-3DS owners, to me.

Edited by Scar

Ugh, Hero of Legend discovers these GameStop listings and goes to the effort to scan them up and now various websites are reporting about them with no credit given to him.

GoNintendo's posted it up and other sites are sourcing them with no credit to Hero of Legend.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=157628

http://www.3dsfocus.com/2011/05/sonic-generations-time-crisis-3ds.html

http://gbatemp.net/t291817-loose-source-sonic-generations-coming-to-the-3ds

The bigger sites will probably cover it soon with no credit to him. Bloody typical.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that a big "Screw You" to 3DS/Nintendo only fans?
Nope.

Because if that is indeed the case, it sounds a lot more like its a big "Screw you" to non-3DS owners, to me.
Only in so much as Nintendo fans are screwed out of the PS360 stages. It's an equal-opportunity screwing.

If it's GOTY, should you still feel that SEGA kicked you in the nuts by giving you handheld levels? Should you complain about the game simply because you don't own the systems it's being developed for? Of course not. Sounds like you're looking for excuses to say that you're being given the middle finger actually. Unbelievably petty.

Only in so much as Nintendo fans are screwed out of the PS360 stages. It's an equal-opportunity screwing.

It's extra-opportunity.

Also, we're all arguing about a guess/speculation we've pulled out of our arses.

funny-celebrity-pictures-head-desk.jpg

Hahaha! We're stupid :P

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

If it's GOTY, should you still feel that SEGA kicked you in the nuts by giving you handheld levels?
A bit, yes. Since I still get screwed out of celebrating the levels that actually mean something (to me and to the series).

Should you complain about the game simply because you don't own the systems it's being developed for? Of course not. Sounds like you're looking for excuses to say that you're being given the middle finger actually. Unbelievably petty.
Yeah, and people only hate '06 because they aren't good at video games. Everything's perfectly fine and anyone who disagrees is not just wrong but lying to make trouble too.

Please stop acting like I'm an asshole, I don't appreciate it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1