Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

Hmm i wonder if instead of generations 3DS being a port if they will include some game gear, advance, and DS levels?

Nice find Hero! Gamestop is really bad at keeping secrets arn't they? Just wait for it now when gamestop will put a statement saying its either fake or a mislisted product.

Hmm i wonder if instead of generations 3DS being a port if they will include some game gear, advance, and DS levels?

Nice find Hero! Gamestop is really bad at keeping secrets arn't they? Just wait for it now when gamestop will put a statement saying its either fake or a mislisted product.

Don't forget Rivals and SPA. :P

I suggested that yesterday. I think it'd give people much more of a reason to buy two versions. I think there's enough zones from over the series to make a game. Bring on Sunset Park 3D.

I suggested that yesterday. I think it'd give people much more of a reason to buy two versions. I think there's enough zones from over the series to make a game. Bring on Sunset Park 3D.

Bridge Zone 3D c'mon!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

What was that one level with the train? I can't remember. But you fought a train. The sky was pink/ purple and the ground was dark. Old game. Very old. Don't remember the name. I think it was part of the collection of classic games on Sonic Adventure DX (GC version)?

Whatever it's called, I want that one.

Oh, and, uh, nice find Hero! :D

Edited by ProfessorZolo

I suggested that yesterday. I think it'd give people much more of a reason to buy two versions.
And it's a kick in the dick for people who can only get the handheld version.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What was that one level with the train? I can't remember. But you fought a train. The sky was pink/ purple and the ground was dark. Old game. Very old. Don't remember the name. I think it was part of the collection of classic games on Sonic Adventure DX (GC version)?

Sunset Park Act 3. It's a fan-favourite, and for very good reason.

And it's a kick in the dick for people who can only get the handheld version.

... why? If any game is being released on radically different systems, I want the versions to be radically different too. It's like a a whole other game. And with the concept that Generations is being built around, there's so much potential. I hope the 3DS version (if it's real, fingers crossed) has different levels to the PS360 one.

Edited by Blue Blood

If Sonic Generations is coming out with a 3DS version then who's developing it? Dimps?

3:40

Sonic Triple Trouble

If Sonic Generations is coming out with a 3DS version then who's developing it? Dimps?

Oh please, NO. Dimps have shown they don't really understand Sonic in 3D. Even less so with classic gameplay.

If they want to make Sonic Rush 3, fine. Let them. It'll be great. But for the love of Iizuka, don't let them near Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh please, NO. Dimps have shown they don't really understand Sonic in 3D. Even less so with classic gameplay.

If they want to make Sonic Rush 3, fine. Let them. It'll be great. But for the love of Iizuka, don't let them near Classic Sonic.

Did Dimps do Sonic in 3D? When? How did I miss this+

... why?
Because the PS3 and 360 not only get the better (or at least "bigger") game, but also the one with levels people actually care about. Yeah, you can pull out a few noteworthly levels from the handheld games, but they're nowhere near equal to levels from the main games.

edit: vvv please god no

Edited by Diogenes

Given that most Handheld games are made by Dimps I expect it to be a carbon copy of Unwiished for Modern Sonic and Rush Physics for Classic Sonic. Sounds Sweet, eh?

Because the PS3 and 360 not only get the better (or at least "bigger") game, but also the one with levels people actually care about. Yeah, you can pull out a few noteworthly levels from the handheld games, but they're nowhere near equal to levels from the main games.

Weren't there handheld versions of Sonic 1 and 2? *has no idea, but presumes the levels were the same*

Weren't there handheld versions of Sonic 1 and 2? *has no idea, but presumes the levels were the same*

The levels were very different.

While I suppose that's true, I don't see it as a problem. It would just be more variety and more stages to be enjoyed. If it was 360 with one set of stages and PS3 with another then it would be a problem, but not when it's essentially a different game. Oh well, we don't know how it could turn out yet. The stages could be the same, they could be different. They could be from the handhelds or just other levels from the main games.

The levels were very different.

Uh... not exactly. There was Sonic 1 on the Megadrive, Master System and Game Gear. The MD version was unique, while the MS and GG versions were very similar. Same for Sonic 2.

While I suppose that's true, I don't see it as a problem. It would just be more variety and more stages to be enjoyed.
Except for the people who can only get the handheld version, in which case it's a kick in the dick.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 11

Except for the people who can only get the handheld version, in which case it's a kick in the dick.

What difference would it make if you're only playing one version anyway?

Why so sore?

Edited by Blue Blood

Would you rather get nothing? :/ This at least sounds better than when HD owners got Sonic Rush 3 for their DS's instead of full-fledged Colors.

Edited by Inferno

You'd get the same results if it were on the Wii, though. It's literally not possible for Nintendo fans to get this exact game for themselves.

While I suppose that's true, I don't see it as a problem. It would just be more variety and more stages to be enjoyed. If it was 360 with one set of stages and PS3 with another then it would be a problem, but not when it's essentially a different game. Oh well, we don't know how it could turn out yet. The stages could be the same, they could be different. They could be from the handhelds or just other levels from the main games.

Uh... not exactly. There was Sonic 1 on the Megadrive, Master System and Game Gear. The MD version was unique, while the MS and GG versions were very similar. Same for Sonic 2.

Except that they had almost completely different zones. Only half of Sonic 1's zones (3 that is) even share name with the MD version. As for Sonic 2, I can't remember the exact stages, but at least 3 (again, half) if not more were exclusive.

Except that they had almost completely different zones. Only half of Sonic 1's zones (3 that is) even share name with the MD version. As for Sonic 2, I can't remember the exact stages, but at least 3 (again, half) if not more were exclusive.

No, listen. There were two versions of the games. The Megadrive had one version and then the Master System and Game Gear shared another.

For Sonic 1...

MD Levels: Green Hill, Marble, Spring Yard, Labyrinth, Starlight, Scrap Brain, Final

MS/GG Levels: Green Hill, Bridge, Jungle, Labyrinth, Scrap Brain, Sky Base

So the handheld version of S1 was essentially the same as one of the console versions. Get it?

No, listen. There were two versions of the games. The Megadrive had one version and then the Master System and Game Gear shared another.

For Sonic 1...

MD Levels: Green Hill, Marble, Spring Yard, Labyrinth, Starlight, Scrap Brain, Final

MS/GG Levels: Green Hill, Bridge, Jungle, Labyrinth, Scrap Brain, Sky Base

So the handheld version of S1 was essentially the same as one of the console versions. Get it?

Well okay, that's true. I thought you meant that the MD versions and GG versions were alike. Still, as long as we don't get any Sonic Blast/G-Sonic stages...

What difference would it make if you're only playing one version anyway?
Because if the one version is the 3DS version, you get levels most people don't care about, rather than the ones everyone knows and loves.

Why so sore?
Because it seems like every time I have a complaint about this game everyone in the vicinity temporarily loses a few dozen IQ points.

Would you rather get nothing? :/
I'd like to get what I deserve, rather than "my" version being made of levels no one cares about, just so it can be an amusing companion piece to the real game.

This at least sounds better than when HD owners got Sonic Rush 3 for their DS's instead of full-fledged Colors.
Colors DS was a pretty good game, and about as much as they could do with a DS version. I'm really not sure what you were expecting out of Colors DS for it to be so disappointing.

You'd get the same results if it were on the Wii, though. It's literally not possible for Nintendo fans to get this exact game for themselves.
I'm not talking about the gameplay or the graphics, I'm talking about what levels are selected. I want to celebrate with the levels that are familiar to me and important to the series, not the ones from obscure and irrelevant games I've barely played.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because if the one version is the 3DS version, you get levels most people don't care about, rather than the ones everyone knows and loves.

I'm not talking about the gameplay or the graphics, I'm talking about what levels are selected. I want to celebrate with the levels that are familiar to me and important to the series, not the ones from obscure and irrelevant games I've barely played.

It's the exact same premise. It can't be helped if you don't particularly like the handheld games. I'm sure most people would be keen on the idea of having different stages, be they from the handheld games or otherwise.. Oh well...

Because it seems like every time I have a complaint about this game everyone in the vicinity temporarily loses a few dozen IQ points.

Eesh, you'd think we'd all been going around spitting on your dinner or something.