Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

Wait I posted that in the previews topic minutes before you dropped it here. :mellow:

no love for me.

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Wait I posted that in the previews topic minutes before you dropped it here. :mellow:

no love for me.

Street Pass bonuses make me happy and sad at the same time. More sad.

Sorry, I didn't look in there. I just saw the news and immediately thought of the 3DS topic.

I'm just glad we've got an actual month for the release date. Plus my birthday's in November so even more reason to get excited. ;)

It doesn't matter who posted first.

I will never give up the fight!

• Thumbs Up 6

I will never give up the fight!

Long as the voice inside drives me to run and fight

It doesn't matter who is wrong or who is right!

:unsure:

Yeah...I'll stop now...

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we all know it's official and it kinda sucks, I thought now would be a GREAT time to bump this and remind people about this lovely topic.

So um yeah I won't be getting the 3DS version of Generations because well.....I don't own one nor really plan on getting one since there are no games that catch my interest.

According to SeanNOLA of Tech-Gaming, SEGA's said the 3DS E3 demo is a VERY early alpha build.

SeanNOLA says:

If you talked to the guys in the booth, they would have told you that the 3DS build that they had on the show floor was a VERY early alpha build. That’s why, you may have noticed, the Classic stage was much choppier than the Modern stage: they just wanted to get something on the show floor that showed the Rush-Style level design of the 3DS(the Classic Green Hill stage is essentially the same on the 3DS as on the 360). If you had played the HD version on the floor, you would have noticed much tighter performance, and if you had seen the build they had in the meeting rooms upstairs, you would have played an even more superior version. You can’t judge too harshly on the show-floor builds. Especially not on a year when they open the flood-gates to spectators.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose that's good to hear, but I'll believe it when I see the final product.

The Modern Sonic levels don't look all that polished either, to be frank. (and slathered with chili) It looked more like Sonic UnWiished with a fixed 2D perspective in terms of interactivity and level structure, which is not a good thing.

Why does Sonic Rush, a game on the previous generation of handhelds, look so much smoother and more interactive than this? They need to really shape their game up if they're to impress with the 3DS hardware. They also really need to change the layout for Classic's Green Hill Zone. Just slapping the original in will not do. It's against the philosophy of the entire game, and the design of the level also does not work in a game where the physics are not in-tune with the ones seen in the originals.

Come on, Dimps, step it up!

• Thumbs Up 2

The Reviews always start with the same kind of dialog, with how much she/he loved as a kind and/or how the Franchise isn't doing so well, and some kind of mention of the Sonic Cycle. Gamespot was actually one of the few one who previewed the game objectively.

• 3 weeks later...

3DS version getting a slightly later release?

Latest SEGA Europe Release Schedule Lists Sonic Generations For PC, 3DS Version Delayed?

Sonic News · Posted on July 2, 2011 by Shadzter

The evidence for a PC version of Sonic Generations is really mounting up. SEGA Europe has issued a schedule for their upcoming game releases through 2011 and into 2012. Sonic Generations is down for the already known release month of November for PS3, Xbox 360 and…PC? It appears SEGA may have let the cat out of the bag again for the PC version of the game, surprising no one. What IS surprising though is the absence of the Nintendo 3DS version. SEGA Europe’s website also has no release month for the portable version and instead lists it for a Late 2011 release. Could the 3DS version of Sonic Generations be getting released slightly later than the home console (and possible PC) versions?

We’ll pass along any further details regarding both stories when they’re made available.

Sources: CVG and Eurogamer Portugal

If they delay it too much after the console versions they'll lose one of their main arguments against a Wii U port. Although technically, I suppose Sonic's 20th anniversary year runs until NEXT June.

I'd prefer it to be finished rather than forced to meet an arbitrary release date.

Did the 3DS development just start about a few months ago? The level design for modern Sonic's Green Hill Zone in the 3DS version looks effortless and makes the developers looks so incompetent when compared to the HD versions(Not interms of graphics obviously, I don't want to judge the graphics too much considering that it's an Alpha build). If anything, the 3DS version should probably released way before the HD versions considering the amount of effort that's going into the 3DS version.

I suppose that's good to hear, but I'll believe it when I see the final product.

The Modern Sonic levels don't look all that polished either, to be frank. (and slathered with chili) It looked more like Sonic UnWiished with a fixed 2D perspective in terms of interactivity and level structure, which is not a good thing.

Why does Sonic Rush, a game on the previous generation of handhelds, look so much smoother and more interactive than this? They need to really shape their game up if they're to impress with the 3DS hardware. They also really need to change the layout for Classic's Green Hill Zone. Just slapping the original in will not do. It's against the philosophy of the entire game, and the design of the level also does not work in a game where the physics are not in-tune with the ones seen in the originals.

Come on, Dimps, step it up!

Edited by Schismatist

Just came across this at a Canadian online retailer called Video Games Plus.

3ds_sonicgenerations.png

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=18813

Probably not official, since there's no logos etc on it, but it would be a cool cover for the 3DS version. It's a lot like that temporary PS3 version box art that leaked the game's title.