Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

@Tatsumaki

Let me tell you why the NGP isn't better than the 3DS. The reason is because as a piece of technology, it's quite amazing. However as a handheld gaming console, it sucks. It's Sony cramming in a load of powerful and expensive technology without having a proper game plan. It's essentially trying to be a PS3 in your pocket, except no where near as powerful. Apart from that, it has little new or interesting to offer. This is exactly what happened with the PSP and even more so with the PS3 when it first came out. The fact is, the 3DS will dominate the NGP completely this generation, just like how the DS dominated the PSP last generation.

Anyways, I think Generations could possibly work well as a port, IF Sega did it right. SSF4 came out as an amazing port and really showed off what the 3DS could do so hopefully similar could be said here. However, it would also be nice to see an original game (one that takes advantage of the 3DS' strengths).

@Tatsumaki

Let me tell you why the NGP isn't better than the 3DS. The reason is because as a piece of technology, it's quite amazing. However as a handheld gaming console, it sucks. It's Sony cramming in a load of powerful and expensive technology without having a proper game plan. It's essentially trying to be a PS3 in your pocket, except no where near as powerful. Apart from that, it has little new or interesting to offer. This is exactly what happened with the PSP and even more so with the PS3 when it first came out. The fact is, the 3DS will dominate the NGP completely this generation, just like how the DS dominated the PSP last generation.

Anyways, I think Generations could possibly work well as a port, IF Sega did it right. SSF4 came out as an amazing port and really showed off what the 3DS could do so hopefully similar could be said here. However, it would also be nice to see an original game (one that takes advantage of the 3DS' strengths).

Wait, you KNOW it sucks? Just from a few videos? XD

The bridge between handheld and console is closing, and that's a good thing really, some portable experiences tend to be watered down when compared to other titles in the series that are on consoles. I do believe the NGP doesn't have that great of gimmicks, but what it has can be used to great effect with its exclusives. Sales don't reflect how good a system is.

Edited by Schismatist

Wait, you KNOW it sucks? Just from a few videos? XD

The bridge between handheld and console is closing, and that's a good thing really, some portable experiences tend to be watered down when compared to other titles in the series that are on consoles. I do believe the NGP doesn't have that great of gimmicks, but what it has can be used to great effect with its exclusives. Sales don't reflect how good a system is.

Indeed. Infact, I'd like the NGP to do well. I hope its launch line-up is decent and it gets some decent 3rd party support. The 3DS seems to be hogging all the 3rd party support at the moment XD

The NGP probably does have better power for a game like Generations, but I bet it'll be crazy expensive. Plus, SEGA's gotta appeal to Nintendo fans somehow.

Indeed. Infact, I'd like the NGP to do well. I hope its launch line-up is decent and it gets some decent 3rd party support. The 3DS seems to be hogging all the 3rd party support at the moment XD

Eh. Both are powerful consoles, but I find BOTH of them overpowered by public opinion. Nevertheless, almost all the games 3DS has that are outside of Nintendo's ring of evil (lol) suck. Soo, yeah.

Sony and Microsoft ALWAYS have the good 3rd party games. Always.

Edited by Tatsumaki

Well, Sony went out of its way to make sure that the NGP used ARM architecture for a reason. Because the iPhone and iPad run using ARM architecture.

This means that the indie developers are familiar with programming on it. This accompanied by the apparent Android support Sony are planning to bring to it, would mean wonders for it as a handheld device.

Why? Because it has the potential for really immersive mobile games for long haul flights and such, AND it has the potential for quick, addictive App-based games as well.

I think Sony learned from their mistakes. They're providing the raw horsepower for AAA Game developers to go nuts, but they're using architecture not to different to what the innovative indie game makers program on, for their various App Store/Android Market games. Its a really good idea....in theory.

We'll have to see how it goes.

This is off-topic though.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I really wish I didn't end my subscription because the subscribed issue will probably feature both Sonics.

But now I have to buy two issues for the alternate covers... :(

Thanks for the haeds up, dude! Looks like this also confirms the Shinobi 3DS news that hit the net earlier. Awesome!

YES YES YES YES YES I THINK I JIZZED

How fast do the scans usually go online, anyway? :D

Thanks for the haeds up, dude! Looks like this also confirms the Shinobi 3DS news that hit the net earlier. Awesome!

successkid.jpg

AWWWW YEAAAHHHH

ME GUSTA. ME GUSTA MUCHO. Can't wait to see what the 3DS version has in store!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awesome! Still betting on remade stages from the handheld games, but I guess it won't be long before we know for sure. :D

HELL YES

Please no Dimps though. Please.

Still, I can't wait to see how this differs from the console versions, I've got a feeling it will be something special. Though I wouldn't mind that much if it was a direct port.

• Thumbs Up 7

No way can they do a direct port. At the very least, there would be some severe graphical downgrades.

• Thumbs Up 1

No way can they do a direct port. At the very least, there would be some severe graphical downgrades.

This version will be dedicated to levels from the handheld games. Calling it now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, nice to have it confirmed, I guess...now I just need to scrounge up the cash to actually buy a 3DS...

This version will be dedicated to levels from the handheld games. Calling it now.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Actually, I wouldn't mind so much if Dimps did any Rush-styled stuff as that's all they can do what they're best at.

Meh.

No Wii version makes me FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sad.

C'mon Sega, you port the game to a freaking handled but not on a Console. WTF

• Thumbs Up 1