Awoo.

Sony's PSN Attacked Again! 93,000 Accounts Compromised!

LunarEdge

I have yet to recieve an e-mail form Sony on changing my password. Granted I've only used PSN to acess the store on my PSP, it's still a PSN account none the less.

•LittleBigPlanet: Got that one.

•Infamous: Got that one.

•Wipeout HD/Fury: Don't got that one.

•Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty: Don't got that one.

•Dead Nation: Don't got that one.

So 3 out of five for me which could be of interest. They're not, a great selection of games, had I not already got LBP then that would have been a brilliant offer, but I think a lot of people already have that one.

With regards to quality, Wipeout is going to be one monster of a game for me to try and beat 100%. But might need to look up Ratchet and Dead Nation.

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:

•LittleBigPlanet PSP

•ModNation PSP

•Pursuit Force

•Killzone Liberation*

Mmmmm LBP again which is great, but I already have it. Pursuit force I've never heard of. Killzone, always wanted that, but do I want it as a boxed copy more?, ModNation is quite an interesting offer, don't have that one.

I think it is a good offer for PSP users as I don't think many will have ALL those games.

But this is where the smiles should come...

- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*

- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.

- For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.

- We are working on a Welcome Back offer in PlayStation Home and will share that when it is confirmed.

WHOA! 60 days! Cool! Thats more than anyone who had PSN+ ever thought they would get, I would have been happy with the downtime credited back and the 30 days.

The Playstation Home welcome back thing will be interesting. Mainly because most of the stuff on it is licenses, the official stuff that Sony provides is quite small... exceptions being the houses and very larg elaborate stuff.

EDIT: Wait hold on, so if I understood this right the games we get are also only 30 day demos or whatever?

No that'll be be for PSN+ content, when it comes back up the Sega classic games will be there for free download, but once your PSN+ ends then you can't use those titles anymore.

There is no way Sony will put time limits on those main free titles, that would be a total PR disaster after they've worked so hard to try and make things right.

Isn't Wipeout HD the one that is basically Wipeout Pulse, but in HD?

I thought it was the one that got released and billed as 'the only game in the world which runs in perfect 1080p' not sure if that is a remake, but it's still a pretty good game and challenge from what I've read.

Edited by Hogfather

I don't want any of those games ;_; either cos I have them (LBP) or I don't want them. But I'm happy with the free PSN+ !

Huh. They just removed the page I realized.

Early announcement?

Possibly. I was quite suprised that the EU list got uploaded before the US one did.

Anyone with multiple PSN IDs read

I don't think I really have to mention this. But as I joked a few posts ago, "A lot of us have multiple PSN ID's with different regions on them." be VERY careful about taking advantage of getting multiple games. In fact I don't think you should do it at all.

I suspect that they will be watching these 'welcome back' downloads VERY carefully. Be wary about using multiple accounts from different regions on the same PS3.

Just so you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if they bring that stateside, I MAY try Pursuit Force, and MAY get Killzone. I already had LBP PSP and I wan't too fond of the Modnation PSP demo.

I don't think I really have to mention this. But as I joked a few posts ago, "A lot of us have multiple PSN ID's with different regions on them." be VERY careful about taking advantage of getting multiple games. In fact I don't think you should do it at all.

Yes, I have to agree that that probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

So, do those of us with both a PSP and PS3 get 2 games on each platform? Not being greedy, I'm just wondering.

On the PS3 side, I have Wipeout HD (yet to get the Fury add-on though), I have Infamous and I have LittleBigPlanet, so I'll have to download Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and Dead Nation. As for PSP, I don't have either of those 4 games, so I'll have to look into each of them and have a think about which ones I want.

InFamous and Little Big Planet? Now when is PS store going back up again? Shit needs to be downloaded.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to joystiq (not checked to see if this is on the ps blog yet)

Additionally, an unnamed selection of "On Us" movies will be available for free rental on an unspecified weekend in the coming weeks. Oh, and those of you who were already paying for PlayStation Plus? You'll get an additional 60 days of free subscription time tacked on to your existing plan. And, for the Home loyal among us, "100 free virtual items" will be made available at some point soon.
Edited by Hogfather

According to joystiq (not checked to see if this is on the ps blog yet)

So thats free movie rentals, and 100 free Home items.

Wow... the PSN needs to be hacked more often! /jk

I'm glad the US gets Super Stardust HD instead of Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty, if only because I already have Quest For Booty.

I'm going to be getting that and Wipeout HD.

• Thumbs Up 2

-Reads up list of free games- Wow, some pretty nice ones here... and I can take advantage of both PS3 and PSP deals? Wow... Shame that I would have to buy boxed copies later on as I've became an avid video game collector over the last year. Oh video game cases, why must you be so alluring? 8D;;

Still, Sony certainly did not disappoint with the welcome back goodies.

If I'm reading it correctly, anyone with a PSN account and the right hardware can download any 2 games for each platform for free for 30 days after they go up. So hopefully if I can get a PS3 before then I'll have some free games right off the bat. More incentive for me to buy now.

If I'm reading it correctly, anyone with a PSN account and the right hardware can download any 2 games for each platform for free for 30 days after they go up. So hopefully if I can get a PS3 before then I'll have some free games right off the bat. More incentive for me to buy now.

Only PSN users with a PS3 and/or PSP registered before PSN went down get these welcome back goodies I'm afraid.

Posted on 16 May, 2011 at 10:16 pm by Nick Caplin

Unfortunately this offer is only for those with registered accounts when PSN went down. I’m sorry I can’t give you a better answer, but unfortuantely that is the eligibility criteria for this offer.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/

Confirmation that those of us with a PS3 AND PSP will be able to get two games for each system

Posted on 16 May, 2011 at 9:05 pm by revchips

what about folks with a ps3 and a psp?

Posted on 16 May, 2011 at 10:35 pm by Nick Caplin

In that case you wil be able to get two games for each platform

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/#comments

Confirmation that those of us with a PS3 AND PSP will be able to get two games for each system

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/#comments

Oh good, guess I'll get Killzone Liberation and Modnation Racers... or LBP and Modnation Racers, can't decide. And as for the PS3, guess it'll be Dead Nation and Wipeout HD.

Hm. Already own LittleBigPlanet and Dead Nation. Played Quest for Booty. Borrowed Infamous, tho I've been itching for a replay on the latter before the sequel comes out. Have Wipeout HD but not the expansion, so I suppose I'll be getting that and do a quick rerun on Cole's Shocking Adventures.

For people that need to choose, I'd recommend those exact two. Especially Wipeout. Shit be trippin' balls, son.

For those of you who were worried about the free games being included in that PS Plus games disappearing after 30 days disclaimer.

Posted on 16 May, 2011 at 10:51 pm by Nick Caplin

The free games are yours to keep. It is only some of the content you get through PS Plus that will expire at the end of the month.

I cannot believe the negative reaction this has got on the EU blog.

Whilst I'd like the movies and the home items, just how are people getting so upset over the games on offer?

• Thumbs Up 1

I know, Hogfather. They're all acting like spoilt brats, while most of the U.S. blog commenters are grateful and understanding, even if they have all/most of the games on the lists.

This one on page 4 of the EU blog is a complete overreaction:

Posted on 16 May, 2011 at 10:37 pm by acesmaggee

Not good Sony, this is what we get after having our personal info stolen….i am 1 customer which a billion dollar company doesn’t need, so as soon as i can i will be away from your network and will be informing as many people as i can about the lack of customer loyalty or respect that Sony has for its customers! This is the final insult i am prepared to take from your company sir, its like the board are sitting back laughing at us!

I know, Hogfather. They're all acting like spoilt brats, while most of the U.S. blog commenters are grateful and understanding, even if they have all/most of the games on the lists.

This one on page 4 of the EU blog is a complete overreaction:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/comment-page-4/#comments

Really? REALLY? He's going to leave PSN and try to keep others away from it just because Sony's not giving him the games he wants for free? :lol:

Whats more interesting is the reaction on PS3trophies.org.

Theres two threads running about this, one for the EU and one for the US welcome back scheme. Interesting because it's a trophy site, a large number of people have more than 2 of the games on offer (one or two people actually have all 4 games). But interestingly, the reaction has been VERY supportive of what they were offered, theres one or two people like our friend on the blog there. But the majority actually seem to think it's a very good offer, even if they have at one point or still have the game.

Since so many have got/have most of these games as they like their trophies, I was quite suprised at how many people were supportive of the offer as most of them own 3 or more titles from the list.

But as for what else they could actually offer. Think of it like this.

For now... forget the rule that it had to be a Sony IP, otherwise the issues with paying various game studios for each download would likely put the PSN offline again due to the costs incured.

If that list had included huge tripple A titles that everybody wanted/loved. e.g.

Fallout 3/NV

Call of Duty (any post COD4 title)

FF 13

Dead Rising 2.

Heavy Rain.

How many people do you think have or have had at one point all those games? I think the numbers would be far higher than the numbers of people who have had all 5 of the current list.

Then look at the genre of each game, all very different, wouldn't be that great if every game on offer was a racing sim or a FPS would it?

LBP suffers from this in the welcome back list, just about every PS3 user has played it. But thats because it's an amazing game, mind you, if you don't own that game, what you're getting is increadible, the single player game is pretty good, lots of replay value and local/online co-op. Then theres the countless hours of community levels to play too. That is one hell of a free game to get... but... the problem, most people already own it.

The rest of the games are so different in genre, it's unlikely that many people will have all 5 of them. Out of the list I own Infamous and LBP. But I'll probably pick up Wipeout and maybe Dead Nation, Wipeout because I know it will take me a while to beat, it's a challenging game to play. Dead Nation/Ratchet, those are my fun titles.

Also if people are going to download Wipeout, there is a really difficult trophy that we'd probably have enough people in this topic alone to boost lol. So if you plan on getting Wipeout HD please say so XD

In fact I'll say right now, since I'm likely to download this one, I WILL be willing to boost wipeout with people (search bling brigade and you'll see how you're unlikely to get this in normal circumstances).

Edited by Hogfather