Awoo.

Sony's PSN Attacked Again! 93,000 Accounts Compromised!

LunarEdge

Make a folder on the root of your Flash Drive called PS3

Make another folder inside the PS3 folder and call it UPDATE

Put the file called PS3UPDAT.PUP in the UPDATE folder

On your Ps3 go on 'Update via storage media'

Thats odd, it's not working, unless the file stopped downloading for some reason and it's not all there.

Looks like they also took down the update from the official site too.

Nope it's still there... just a bitch to get on right now.

Also if you choose to download the file. Its around 176MB big, the one I got was only 130. Looks like the update from the website is also taking a lot of hits.

Edited by Hogfather

My silly PS3 racist about portable storage devices. Back to square one.

Edited by Hogfather

That's a bit dodgy right? First time round I got 155MB. I really should put this off as its very late and I have somewhere to go in the morning. One more failure and I'm off to sleep.

Just got mine downloaded! HOORAY! Now we begin the instal process.

Once you get to 60% it speeds up a great deal. Just will your PS3 to 60% and then it should more or less instantly complete.

That's a bit dodgy right? First time round I got 155MB. I really should put this off as its very late and I have somewhere to go in the morning. One more failure and I'm off to sleep.
Edited by Hogfather

Just got mine downloaded! HOORAY! Now we begin the instal process.

Once you get to 60% it speeds up a great deal. Just will your PS3 to 60% and then it should more or less instantly complete.

It's because so many people are trying to get it. The one I'm currently trying to download from the website just failed at 165MB. So it is getting easier.

================================

Ok so what happens when you download and install the update?

Nothing.

You get taken back to the XMB menu, but you still see the "PSN down for maintenance message." Even if you try and log in there is no prompt to change your password.

It's quite literally just prep work, meaning you need to wait for the PSN to come online before you can actually change your account password.

I go and watch a DVD and all of this happens? Typical :lol:

Just downloading the update on my PS3 now. I've checked my PSP in case, and there's no update there and I can't get into PSN via the PS Store link to change my password there either.

Hope they are going to put PSN back up tomorrow, or later today I should say now, since it's 1:58am.

Online gaming is coming back on. On now in some countries

Posted on 15 May by Nick Caplin – Head of Communications, SCEE

Play On – PSN Restoration Begins Now

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole region. The process has begun and some countries are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach you.

In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3′s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

Well that's good to hear I'm downloading mine right now.

Sony Online Entertainment back online

by Wesley Yin-Poole

15/05/2011 @ 01:22

Sony Online Entertainment is back online, the MMO company has announced.

Games such as DC Universe Online, EverQuest and Free Realms should now be playable again.

"We are pleased to be back online and deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent data breach and subsequent outage," SOE said in a statement.

"To thank you all for your patience and understanding, we have prepared a Welcome Back Program that includes complimentary identity theft protection, free game time and special in-game items and events.

"Reminder: As an added security measure, we require a password reset for your Station Account - we recommend you do this immediately."

The compensation packages have been beefed for each SOE game fittingly, and now encompass in-game items, currency and Station Cash - as well as free game time (30 days free plus one extra for each day the SOE game has been offline).

SOE admitted on 2nd May that personal details from 24.6 million accounts had been compromised as the San Diego MMO maker suffered a security breach similar to the one that afflicted the PlayStation Network.

Sony tonight began the restoration of the PlayStation Network with the release of new firmware.

*stares at the error message... notices it changes...*

IT'S ALIVE!!! HOOOOO IT'S ALIVE!

*dramatic music*

In the name of God! Now I can finally sync my trophies and download stuff!

...at least thats what I would be saying if I lived here...

5720974836_78854c199d_z.jpg

Thats Sony's official "PSN... IT'S ALIVE!" map for the united states of America... when the area turns green, your PSN is back.

Keep checking here for when your state goes green.

Edited by Hogfather

lol thats the best bug ever.

I wish they'd picked the name numfar. They we could all say "PSN is back! Numfar do the dance of joy!"

tumblr_ldrirzhAKW1qaimf2o1_250.gif

Edit: Now online in North/South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

Edited by Hogfather

lol thats the best bug ever.

I wish they'd picked the name numfar. They we could all say "PSN is back! Numfar do the dance of joy!"

tumblr_ldrirzhAKW1qaimf2o1_250.gif

Edit: Now online in North/South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

So they've now stopped all comments until they can fix the "Jitender" bug... I feel sorry for whoever has that PSN ID as they're no doubt going to get a billion PMs saying "Lolz you're Jitender!"

• Thumbs Up 1

More areas have lit up

5721052584_efc9fcc12c_z.jpg

So they've now stopped all comments until they can fix the "Jitender" bug... I feel sorry for whoever has that PSN ID as they're no doubt going to get a billion PMs saying "Lolz you're Jitender!"

Just in case anyone needs it.

How to change your PSN password

15/05/2011 @ 02:29

by Wesley Yin-Poole

After downloading and installing PlayStation 3 firmware 3.61, all PlayStation Network users are required to change their passwords. Here's how to do it.

First, sign in by entering your sign in ID (email address) and password for you PSN account. Sony wants you to make sure you can receive messages at this email address.

Select OK from the screen that asks you to change your password. A screen for entering a new password is displayed. Then, follow the on-screen instructions. After you've changed your password, you'll be able to sign in to PSN.

Now, you may encounter a number of issues along the way.

If the screen for entering a new password is not displayed, your PS3 has never been activated on PSN using your account. Sony will send an email to your registered email address in this case. That email will take you to a website to change your password.

If you've forgotten your password – and, let's be honest, we use so many these days it's easy to do so – then you have to change it from the PSN website.

Hit sign in under PSN on the XMB, select "forgot your password?" on the sign in screen, enter your sign in ID (email address) and your date of birth, then hit "continue". Again, Sony wants you to make sure that you can receive messages at this email address.

Check your email address is correct, then select "confirm". An email will be sent to your registered email address. Follow that to change your password. Once done, sign in to PSN like you mean it.

Oh, and don't forget, if the PSN account you're using is a sub account, you may be required to first sign in using the master account that governs it to change the password.

Phew! That's it. Sony is in the process of fully restoring PSN services as we speak. Online gaming is expected to hit Europe soon.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-15-how-to-change-your-psn-password

Guess I'll wait until this Jitender goofiness is settled, then. Not really hurting to play anything online right now anyway, I've just been waiting for the store to be back.

I updated and got on no problem a few hours ago. No weird PSN user name, no error codes for downloading the update.