Awoo.

Sony's PSN Attacked Again! 93,000 Accounts Compromised!

LunarEdge

Okay, this is getting really old now. They should have had it ready when they said so themselves. The store's been down for almost a month, how much more maintenance could it possibly need?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sony had to deal with another hack attempt on the a couple of their Sony Music servers yesterday. Might have something to do with it.

Though, again, it was only ever rumored to be going back up.

Edited by Tornado

Any idea what's going on, seeing at the store still isn't up?

Well, they've said they hope to have it up by the end of May, so we'll just have to wait until then. I'm sure they'll give us a date when they're ready.

I don't think it was ever going to come online yesterday, had they planned to do that then they would have announced by Friday at the very least, as well as details for how we get out 'welcome back' freebies.

When they have a date, they'll post it on the blog. If it's not in the blog, it's not official and shouldn't be taken for granted like it happened with the 24th thing. Which was hearsay from some site and not a statement from Sony.

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customers

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Starting today, PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States can begin the enrollment process for the identity theft protection program by visiting http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection/. We are also notifying customers of the enrollment landing page via email, which you will receive in your inbox this week.

As previously announced, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program to PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers who are concerned about identity theft following the criminal cyber attack on the network. AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators. Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll.

In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/25/identity-theft-protection-offer-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-customers/

Oh God... Oh God... Oh God....

BBC consumer rights programme Watchdog (thats currently broadcasting right now) is going to do a feature on Sony Playstation... like within the next hour... This is likely to be an epically cringeworthy segment.

To give you an idea as to what to expect... here is part of their report of the PS3 Yellow Light of Death.

And here is one of their many reports on the Xbox 360.

I expect this one to be about the problem that... Sony have actually done a good job to resolve so far, chances are you'll see several teenagers with very long hair and some 'mum' go on about how scared they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL!! The segment has just been on.

You guys will not believe what it was about.

LA noir is over-heating PS3 units

Edited by Hogfather

Of all of the things they could have chosen to do a shitty news report on (and I remember talking about the one they did on the YLoD when it first came out), they choose to focus on something that isn't even a PS3 problem.

lol what a ridiculous thing it was, I can't believe that they mentioned it in the trailer for the show, the opening, halfway through it and it's a problem with how Rockstar doesn't beta test it's games!

I'm surprised. It's about the PS3, but they choose the LA Noire problem? I'll be honest, kinda laughing at this, since it was a multi-platform issue.

PSN Maintenance Scheduled Tues 31st May 19.00 GMT until Wednesday 1st June 01.00 GMT

on 27-05-2011 10:48 AM

PSN Network Maintenance has been scheduled to take places from Tuesday 31st May at 19.00 GMT until Wednesday 1st June 01.00 GMT.

During the maintenance window, the following services will be unavailable:

• PC Registration
  • Console Storefront
  • PS3 Account Management
  • PS3 Network Account Registration
  • PSP Network Account Registration
  • Qriocity Account Management

If you attempt to log in during this period you will receive the site maintenance notification page.

If you are already signed in during this period you should be able to stay connected and you will not lose your gaming session (however the above services will still be unavailable).

If you have any queries please Tweet or PM me.

Rabid

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/PSN-Maintenance-Scheduled-Tues-31st-May-19-00-GMT-until/m-p/13080401?WT.mc_id=TSO_EN_103

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/303414/news/playstation-store-back-online-wednesday/

Posted on 27 May by MusterBuster – EN Community Team Leader

Welcome Back To Online Gaming

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

5764551962_65dd35ff35.jpg

We’re back, huzzah!

It’s been a turbulent time over the past few weeks. Hair has been lost, nails have been bitten and our servers have had a well deserved chance to cool off. We love online gaming, and we’re seriously glad to have it back.

To celebrate the return of our beloved community, we’ve got lots going on for you over the next few weeks. With online fun nights, tournaments, competitions, hosted discussions on our forum and even the odd spectator event in PlayStation Home – there’s something to satisfy everyone’s itch and we would love for you to get involved.

All our events can be found on the PlayStation Network Events Calendar (which you should bookmark, it’s always there when you need some high-quality fragging!). Large scale battles are on their way within Europe in our main titles so we recommend you keep a close eye.

Also, if you want to know more about these events, or if you’ve got an event idea that you’d love to run – head over to the PlayStation Community forums. If you need help organising an event, drop your Community Team Leader a private message by clicking the relevant link below:

English: MusterBuster

French: Medeea

Italian: W_sal

German: Rockette_DE

Spanish: Gobobob

Portuguese: marle27

Polish: Cassiopaea

Dutch: Markaveli81

Scandi: IzzyJ

Russian: bios_fan

Don’t forget to keep an eye on the blog and the portal for more updates and activities.

See you online soon!

The PlayStation Community Team

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/27/welcome-back-to-online-gaming/

Well at least they announced this much earlier in advance than the last one. Still no word on the store makes me a sad panda.

Asian welcome back package has been announced.

PS3 onwers can pick 2 of the following games.

•The Last Guy

•LocoRoco Cocoreccho!

•echochrome

•WipEout HD

•Hustler King

PSP owners get 2 of the following

•Yuhshanokuseninamaikida or2 PSP® the Best (What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2)

•Everybody's Stress Buster (Hot Shots Shorties)

•PATAPON2 PSP® the Best

•LittleBigPlanet Portable

•LocoRoco -Midnight Carnival-

Also all PSN account users also get...

30 days free PlayStation Plus access, Home stuff, free "select" movie rentals, and a month of "Platinya" membership for the weekly news program/cat minigame collection Weekly Toro Station.

Source

Edited by Hogfather

Sony to testify over PSN hack, PlayStation Store still MIA

Saturday 28-May-2011 11:38 AM

Company visiting Congress on Tuesday

Sony is to testify in front of Congress on Tuesday about the PSN hack which left 77 million users personal details exposed - and subsequently led to the PlayStation Store being taken offline.

Tim Schaff, president of the firm's international Sony Network Entertainment division, will visit Capitol Hill to appear before a subcommittee hearing examining the breach. The PlayStation Network falls under the company's Network Entertainment division.

Rep. Mary Bono Mack (R-Calif.), chairwoman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee's subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade, is holding a series of hearings on data security and had previously asked Sony to testify about the PlayStation Network breach. Sony declined, instead sending in a response in writing.

"While Chairman Bono Mack remains critical of Sony's initial handling of the data breaches, she also is appreciative that the company has now agreed to testify," subcommittee aide Ken Johnson told The Atlantic.

"The Chairman firmly believes that the lessons learned from both the Sony and Epsilon experiences can be instructive and guide us as we develop comprehensive data protection legislation. We expect to introduce that legislation, which will provide new safeguards for American consumers, in the next few weeks."

Sony's PlayStation Store remains inaccessible to users around the world. The platform holder is expected to bring the online shop back before the end of May.

[ Source: The Atlantic ]

Oh boy. Let's see how fantastically those morons at Congress can fuck things up.

I'm happy that PSN is back online, and that I bought a new game (MotorStorm: Apocalypse, to be exact), and managed to earn over 1000 trophies in the game. :P

Good news everybody, PSN is down again (at leased in the UK anyway). If you try to sign it to PSN you will be greeted with the error code 80710092. Sony's Playstation site is also missing from the PS3 web browser, yet it is still available when accessed from a normal computer. Reports indicate that Sony's technical supported helpline are attributing this to an unscheduled maintenance, which they only found out about 10 minutes prior to the downtime. I wonder if this is in preparation for the PSN store's restoration, or if Sony have fucked up again.

Anybody outside the UK experiencing downtime?

Edited by Psychobob’s Ghost

Good news everybody, PSN is down again (at leased in the UK anyway). If you try to sign it to PSN you will be greeted with the error code 80710092. Sony's Playstation site is also missing from the PS3 web browser, yet it is still available when accessed from a normal computer. Reports indicate that Sony's technical supported helpline are attributing this to an unscheduled maintenance, which they only found out about 10 minutes prior to the downtime. I wonder if this is in preparation for the PSN store's restoration, or if Sony have fucked up again.

Crap, I forgot to change my password on my PSN (don't bother asking for it, it's for my church's PS3 so I could access the PSN Store) accou-

ztvfkj.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Does anyone want to take a bet that the store will come back during the E3 press conference? Mainly so they can do the line "And the new PS Store will go online... NOW!" Then they turn it on and we see all this 'new' content?

Does anyone want to take a bet that the store will come back during the E3 press conference? Mainly so they can do the line "And the new PS Store will go online... NOW!" Then they turn it on and we see all this 'new' content?

Not really something to be proud of, given how long it's taken and that the whole situation itself is an embarassment to the company. If they do ham it up at E3, it will be the biggest facepalm ever. Of all time.

Not really something to be proud of, given how long it's taken and that the whole situation itself is an embarassment to the company. If they do ham it up at E3, it will be the biggest facepalm ever. Of all time.

I agree, it would be the worst move they could make, only considering we've had the PSN up for a while, and the only time they said for services to be fully restored was "Aiming for the end of the month," which is today.

But I can't see it happening today or this week at the rate that they're going.