Awoo.

Sony's PSN Attacked Again! 93,000 Accounts Compromised!

LunarEdge

SSMB DO THE DANCE OF JOY!

tumblr_ldrirzhAKW1qaimf2o1_250.gif

All services will be fully opperational tonight!

NOW! THE PLAYSTATION STORE IS BACK ONLINE NOW!

Details as to how we get our 'welcome back' packages will also be announced later today. lol then we can finally start planning how to get our Wipeout group trophies HOORAY!

EDIT: HOLY FUCK!

You people who are getting PSN+ for the first time as part of your welcome back package are in for one hell of a treat! This weeks free games are as follows.

* Streets of Rage 2!

* James Pond 2: Robocod!

* Burnout Paradise!

And yes Sonic 2 and Red Faction battle grounds are also still up!

Once again! Playstation store is back online...

hooray.jpg

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

As someone who just bought a PS3, I have a massive backlog of free stuff to download, which I'm doing now. Though I keep getting error messages constantly while I'm browsing. Could just be my wireless connection but who knows.

Oh wow just in time for my birthday! Is this a specific territory or all over the world?

Edited by sjmaster92

It appears to be world wide. I can at least confirm it's good on the East Coast, because I just redeemed my DLC vouchers. Seems to be a lot of traffic right now, though, so you might come across a few error messages.

Worldwide, but Asian regions are going live later on.

Side note: currently ranked world number 1 on streets of rage 2 and undefeated after 20 online vs fights. Thank you PS Store!

Yeah I can confirm that the PlayStation Store works here too. It seems a bit bugged up though - I keep trying to browse only to get an error message, and at times I can't even access it.

I haven't even gotten my PS+ subscription yet though.

Nobody has gotten the rewards yet they're coming later, the errors are most likely being caused by every Tom Dick and Harry tring to find stuff.

Nobody has gotten the rewards yet they're coming later, the errors are most likely being caused by every Tom Dick and Harry tring to find stuff.

guilty :P

• Thumbs Up 1

YAY! Glad to have the store back up. I really didn't expect them to put it up straight after that maintenance, so this is a nice surprise.

Just spotted this in the comments at the EU PS Blog that might be of interest to already existing PS Plus members:

Hi, if you see above we have added the content from April for a further 2 weeks so that you don’t miss out on any of it. Therefore April’s content will have been available for the full month, you unfortunately missed May and so we have given you 30 days for that and then 30 days extra to say sorry.

Also, I have just been told that due to the Store coming back a little later than we would have liked, you are getting a further 10 days onto your membership, so 70 days extra in total. Hope this is fair. Thanks

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/welcome-back-to-playstation-plus/

EDIT:

James has updated the blog entry with it at the top, too.

Well, PS Store is back up again. Bought several new avatars. One thing that dissapoints me, however, is that there are no free "Welcome Back" games (I looked everywhere, trust me). The only free games I found were actually PS+ exclusive, and I am unable to buy free games unless I buy PS+, which is expensive. :(

I can finally get my Quest for Booty! <3 and subscribe to Playstation Plus so I can Sonic 2 for free.

Well, PS Store is back up again. Bought several new avatars. One thing that dissapoints me, however, is that there are no free "Welcome Back" games (I looked everywhere, trust me). The only free games I found were actually PS+ exclusive, and I am unable to buy free games unless I buy PS+, which is expensive. :(

Sony staff have said in the PS Blog comments that the Welcome Back package, including the free PS+ membership is coming soon.

Sony staff have said in the PS Blog comments that the Welcome Back package, including the free PS+ membership is coming soon.

Is Sony still giving current PS+ members another 60 free days of membership?

Is Sony still giving current PS+ members another 60 free days of membership?

They're doing better than that. They've extended it to 70 days, due to the extra time it took for them to get the PS Store back up.

Update: It has just been confirmed that, due to the Store coming back a little later than we hoped, the extra days added to Plus memberships is being extended by another 10 days so you are getting a total of 70 days extra for free. This will show up automatically on your account in the next few days.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/welcome-back-to-playstation-plus/

Well, it seems that al least for US users that the store is down again. I'm guessing due to traffic. Now I just need to wait for it to return to start downloading FFVIII. Already purchased along with some Dissidia 012 content, went to test the 012 stuff I got, went back to actually download VIII, and no luck.

Long story short, store's down again.

EDIT- Seems to have literally been fixed after I made this post. Disregard it, unless it happens again.

EDIT EDIT- It seems to happen on and off. Either you can get on or you can't. At this point it's luck of the draw.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940
  • Thumbs Up 1