Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

And Ps3 as well, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Also Sega, really is too much to ask for a rating? You already screwed me over with your trolling, I don't need anymore.

Now for the next 4 months, I must work, work my ass off to get this.

WHAT PS3 OUT OF STOCK!

Oh God no...please don't let amazon get out of stock on the PS3.

YO PS owners off your hands from mah CE!!! Go get your U3 collector's edition xDxDXD

Yes, both versions are currently out of stock, damn those things went fast. See Sega, Americans do care about Sonic, quit cock teasing us.

Yes, both versions are currently out of stock, damn those things went fast. See Sega, Americans do care about Sonic, quit cock teasing us.

Edited by frokenok3

SEGA's updated the release dates on their product pages

US

PS3 & Xbox 360: November 1st 2011

3DS: Late 2011

http://www.sega.com/...s/?t=EnglishUSA

Hey SEGA, I knew this before anyone here. I knew this before anyone at Sega forums or Retro knew this. I think you are....about a month late.

So let me get this straight. If I use Amazon Germany (google translate time!) all I have to do is put in my address and info just like always and it will send me the CE when it comes out, its that easy? I'm going to try to get the ps3 version so I can at least play the game.

Find a site, place an order and find out (you won't have to put you credit card details in to get a price). You can't order it from Amazon UK though because they won't ship it to America.

Ugh, if I order from Amazon Germany, will it be in English.

I heard somewhere that SEGA's getting a different voice cast for different versions.

And I thing Germany is one of the countries getting their own voice cast for the game.

No, but aren't able to watch both on Youtube? After all, according to you it's the same as owning it. Clearly a documentary isn't a video game, you just have selective reading. Which is why you continue to ignore the MAIN points of my post that clearly trump yours.

When did I say there's no point in getting any version of this game in my original post in this topic?

Um ok, what in the fuck is your point? You do know Sonic Generations was made using a computer, right? What form of entertainment doesn't require the use of a computer nowadays? Why don't you just download the game and burn it if you think by that logic.

Like the PC version of the game?

I mean I already have Sonic CD on my computer and can play it, but I guess that doesn't count as owning it since it's on a computer, right?

I guess you can make the entire book, including the cover, have fun printing out the sheets on office paper as if that will be anything like the real thing. Doing that just defeats the purpose of the artbook.

That actually sounds like a good idea whether your importing or not. Here's some more good ideas:

-you can make an even bigger artbook by adding by other official Sonic artwork and designing your own pages and covers

-you can make t-shirts of the artwork and hand them out at conventions like say "Summer of Sonic"

-you can make posters of the artwork

-you could make trading cards using the artwork in the artbook

-you could make gift-wrapping using the artwork in the artbook

-you could buy some clay, and use the artwork as a reference for making your own Sonic statute

This doesn't stop with the artbook. There are things you can with the documentary and Soundtracks as well and I don't even have to import to do this.

If people can hack the demo and have Classic Sonic doing a homing attack, why can't I be creative with other Sonic media?

Ok if that's what you think, then fine. What is worth it, and what isn't is a completely subjective matter and can't be argued. Some Sonic fans see more value in this than others. So don't state shit like it's fact.

Everything I've said has been my opinion, from the moment I posted "At first I was bummed out..."

The only fact I've said is that I'm not buying this unless it comes to the US or if there's a contest of some sort.

Idk if it's region free or not, ask someone with a 360. I would hope it is, so more fans could import it, if desired.

I'll google it then.

Is that why you responded to my first post like I was attacking you? Or when anyone says "looking at it through your computer isn't owning it" you go into full force defense mode, and try and say it is? If you responded to my post in a civil non asshole like manner, this would've gone by much quicker. If you were indeed happy that it exist, you wouldn't be this numb about it. Perhaps you have a weird way of showing it.

Well, in my first post, I said "I was a little disappointed but now I'm not and here's why."

Heck, even someone else in this topic said the documentary will be on YouTube later.

The fact that you quoted and are still putting words in my mouth doesn't make sense.

It's like I'm posting and you're reading it in a different language which has never happened before.

In the first line, you state that I'm acting like the shitheaded assholes on the SEGA blog, who are COMPLETELY overreacting, and are non-civil.

I just want good discussion, how in the hell am I acting them?

When I refer to people individually, I use their usernames.

When I'm talking to everyone, I use the word "you're" as in the anyone reading this.

"Anyway, all I'm saying is there's no reason to be like the people raging on the SEGA blog right now."

I was talking about myself since, in my original post I said "At first I was disappointed and now I'm not and here's why..."

See everything is connected to that first post.

"If you want to get this version of the game, more power to you."

People that are getting this regardless of where you live, do your thing.

"If you don't want to get this, more power to you."

People that are not getting this, Ok, no problem, there's nothing wrong with that.

"If you sending threats to SEGA, we need to have a talk."

If anyone is reading this and fits this, you know who you are.

Edited by STrainer

Ugh, if I order from Amazon Germany, will it be in English.

I heard somewhere that SEGA's getting a different voice cast for different versions.

And I thing Germany is one of the countries getting their own voice cast for the game.

Don't worry. The game will most likely auto-set itself to whatever language your console is on. And even if it doesn't, Generations includes options let you choose the voice over and text language. The manual and such will still be in German though.

When did I say there's no point in getting any version of this game in my original post in this topic?

Like the PC version of the game?

I mean I already have Sonic CD on my computer and can play it, but I guess that doesn't count as owning it since it's on a computer, right?

That actually sounds like a good idea whether your importing or not. Here's some more good ideas:

-you can make an even bigger artbook by adding by other official Sonic artwork and designing your own pages and covers

-you can make t-shirts of the artwork and hand them out at conventions like say "Summer of Sonic"

-you could buy some clay, and use the artwork as a reference for making your own Sonic statute

This doesn't stop with the artbook. There are things you can with the documentary and Soundtracks as well and I don't even have to import to do this.

If people can hack the demo and have Classic Sonic doing a homing attack, why can't I be creative with other Sonic media?

Everything I've said has been my opinion, from the moment I posted "At first I was bummed out..."

The only fact I've said is that I'm not buying this unless it comes to the US or if there's a contest of some sort.

I'll google it then.

Well, in my first post, I said "I was a little disappointed but now I'm not and here's why."

Heck, even someone else in this topic said the documentary will be on YouTube later.

The fact that you quoted and are still putting words in my mouth doesn't make sense.

It's like I'm posting and you're reading it in a different language which has never happened before.

When I refer to people individually, I use their usernames.

When I'm talking to everyone, I use the word "you're" as in the anyone reading this.

"Anyway, all I'm saying is there's no reason to be like the people raging on the SEGA blog right now."

I was talking about myself since, in my original post I said "At first I was disappointed and now I'm not and here's why..."

People that are not getting this, Ok, no problem, there's nothing wrong with that.

If anyone is reading this and fits this, you know who you are.

Haha, you basically did what I thought you'd do. It's usually what people on the weak end of an argument do.

Now your going back on your word, and going back to your past comments, and changing the context of them to try and fit them to your argument.

You clearly directed all those comments at me, so don't try that typical bullshit, "Oh, you know who you are if you fit this description". I was who you were quoting, and replying to.

" When did I say there's no point in getting any version of this game in my original post in this topic?"

You didn't say it directly, but based off your argument, anything can be owned through the Internet. So to oppose this, you'd have to regress your thoughts on your original thesis. You lost this argument the moment I asked you, "Are you going to buy Generations or rent it?". You never answered. Which proves you want to own it, as in a physical copy. How does that fit in with anything you say, cause Youtube isn't owning it. By that logic, I own almost every TV show or movie ever made. Just stop.. you continue to dig yourself deeper in this hole of fail broseph.

"Like the PC version of the game?

I mean I already have Sonic CD on my computer and can play it, but I guess that doesn't count as owning it since it's on a computer, right?"

Hopefully you mean the PAID PC version of the game, and not the illegally downloaded one.

As if you even were referring to the PC version this entire time, I was referring to you saying you can own it because of the Internet.

There is a difference for "rightfully" owning something or not.

"That actually sounds like a good idea whether your importing or not. Here's some more good ideas:

This doesn't stop with the artbook. There are things you can with the documentary and Soundtracks as well and I don't even have to import to do this."

Wait what? I thought you were trying to save money, I doubt you have the resources at your house to do such things. As you would need a proper printer, and the appropriate type of paper for such things, not to mention the amount of T-shirts you need. But to the hardcore fans who want to embrace that, hell go ahead, I'd love to support them. But your point still defeats the purpose of WHY it's a Collectors item, what don't you get?? If you're not looking to own this, that's fine .But if you walked up to a Collector and say I own the Sonic Generations Collectors Edition, and show them the video on Youtube. They'll laugh at you. Printing out doesn't make it, a "collectors item", is that too much for you to comprehend? Watching it on Youtube, isn't you owning the novelty disc itself. There's a reason it's called a "Collectors Edition".

"Everything I've said has been my opinion, from the moment I posted "At first I was bummed out..."

The only fact I've said is that I'm not buying this unless it comes to the US or if there's a contest of some sort."

Wait, WHAT? Of course everything you've said has been a opinion, but you must state them LIKE they're an opinion. If this came to the US you would buy it? But why? After all the alternatives you've posted for not buying it? If this is so, why is this argument still going on?

"Well, in my first post, I said "I was a little disappointed but now I'm not and here's why."

It's like I'm posting and you're reading it in a different language which has never happened before."

No, I've read everything, the way you intended it to be read. What words have I put in your mouth? Are you saying someone cannot "indirectly" imply something such as you? This has nothing to do with the documentary being on Youtube, it's the fact that you implied it's basically the same as owning it. You can watch it on Youtube, but you are acting too narrow minded to understand that it's a Collectors item. Which is why owning the actual disc means something. That was the basis for this entire argument, and you contradict yourself in the quoted statement previous to this one. If your gonna pick an argument with someone, and actually dissect what that person said, almost line for line. Make sure you have strong points, cause it's looking like you picked an argument with the wrong person. Remember you started this, I replied civilly, you felt the need to come off as a smart ass, asking for an argument.

"When I refer to people individually, I use their usernames.

If anyone is reading this and fits this, you know who you are."

No I'm sorry, I'm calling bullshit. You're replying to me, if you were addressing other fans and such, there are plenty of words in the English language that can be used. And now you're telling me you weren't talking to me, because you didn't put 2fast2serious in front of it?? You're kidding right, even if it wasn't directly at me, you're clearly implying something. You isn't isn't a word often used to describe a group or majority of people. "You all" yes, but now you're trying to change the context of past statements.

Reply back if you want, I'm done here. You are clearly used to picking on or arguing with people, who aren't really good at finding flaws in your arguments.

You contradict the thesis of your argument, and claim it's because I'm not reading it correctly. Some people always want to be right, but if you don't want to eat crow, that's fine. I'll just ignore you to spare the forums of these massive walls of text.

Don't worry. The game will most likely auto-set itself to whatever language your console is on. And even if it doesn't, Generations includes options let you choose the voice over and text language. The manual and such will still be in German though.

Alrighty, thanks you've been a great help.

You clearly directed all those comments at me, so don't try that typical bullshit, "Oh, you know who you are if you fit this description". I was who you were quoting, and replying to.

I was never talking to anyone specifically in the first place. In fact, you sort of came out of nowhere and brought back a discussion I was already done with.

You didn't say it directly, but based off your argument, anything can be owned through the Internet.

How are you importing this again? On the phone?

You lost this argument the moment I asked you, "Are you going to buy Generations or rent it?"

Didn't I already say I reserved it in another topic somewhere on this board? Or was that another forum?

Anyway, I just recently paid off my resevred copy so all I have to do is pick it up on Tuesday, November 1st.

How does that fit in with anything you say, cause Youtube isn't owning it.

Let me ask again, who says that you can't download videos from YouTube and burn them onto CDs or a flashdrive?

Hopefully you mean the PAID PC version of the game, and not the illegally downloaded one.

Scd_pc_us_front_cover.jpg

This. I've had the PC version for about 14 years now.

http://info.sonicret...front_cover.jpg

Wait what? I thought you were trying to save money, I doubt you have the resources at your house to do such things.

I got clay, paper, and other supplies left over from Art college.

Wait, WHAT? Of course everything you've said has been a opinion, but you must state them LIKE they're an opinion. If this came to the US you would buy it? But why? After all the alternatives you've posted for not buying it? If this is so, why is this argument still going on?

You're the one who brought the discussion back up.

No, I've read everything, the way you intended it to be read. What words have I put in your mouth? Are you saying someone cannot "indirectly" imply something such as you? This has nothing to do with the documentary being on Youtube, it's the fact that you implied it's basically the same as owning it.

You say you've read everything but you're still asking questions I've already covered before you even came into this topic.

No I'm sorry, I'm calling bullshit. You're replying to me, if you were addressing other fans and such, there are plenty of words in the English language that can be used. And now you're telling me you weren't talking to me, because you didn't put 2fast2serious in front of it?? You're kidding right, even if it wasn't directly at me, you're clearly implying something. You isn't isn't a word often used to describe a group or majority of people. "You all" yes, but now you're trying to change the context of past statements.

Why would all 3 of these things imply to "you" when "you" can be anyone, including me?

Not to mention those didn't have a quote box to go with.

Edited by STrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just pre-ordered the Collector's edition from GAME in Australia (Robina, Gold Coast). Also, the website (www.game.com.au) now has it for $170 AUS. He said they can only pre-order about 6 per store. Not sure about online though....SO pumped!! haha!

Edited by Riverstone
  • Thumbs Up 1

Which locations do you ship to?

We are able to ship orders to all states and territories in Australia including (but not limited to) Pitcairn Island, Christmas Island and Norfolk Island.

Do you ship to overseas customers?

At this stage GAME does not ship to addresses outside Australia.

I'm outside Australia, but wish to ship to an Australian address. Is this OK?

Certainly, however billing addresses located outside Australia may be subject to additional security checks which may impact delivery time.

Well everyone, I've preordered it and can't wait.

If somehow, someway this came to the US. I'll cancel my pre order and just pick that up.

I've already made shelve space for this baby. It will look great along side my other Sonic memorabilia

Well everyone, I've preordered it and can't wait.

If somehow, someway this came to the US. I'll cancel my pre order and just pick that up.

I've already made shelve space for this baby. It will look great along side my other Sonic memorabilia

Congrats man! i might do the same. Hopefully something similar will come the us way. Hey does anyone know if GAME UK will ship these to the US or anywhere outside the UK?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why don't you just check their bloody website? Sorry, but I'm getting annoyed with people asking questions when you can actually go look up the answer yourself. GAME UK will not ship orders over 1kg internationally. The Generations CE will definitely be over 1kg.

Congrats man! i might do the same. Hopefully something similar will come the us way. Hey does anyone know if GAME UK will ship these to the US or anywhere outside the UK?

I'ma about to find out

I cannot find the Collectors Edition on their site.

And if Blue Blood is right, then you should start looking elsewhere. He's right, that's more than 1k

Oh i'm already trying to hold a pre order on amazon germany. So yeah. i still hope US gets something as good or similar to this. In that case i will take off the pre order for that.