Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

I just received a confirmation from the biggest local store near my house that they are going to bring the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition only for PS3(biggrin.png) and limited in stock.

My Store's site:

http://www.plaisio.gr/

They haven't updated their site yet but i'm sure they will do when we are near release.

Awesome! Now you don't have to import it :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww Man! You are the lucky one. I am still mailing Polish stores for this but I doubt anyone will have this here (Our SEGA distributor Sucks in terms of Collectors Editions). Oh and remember to check if its not Limited Edition. Those are different and shops tend to mistake one for other.

Yeah i made sure of that.

My store has a twitter so i send a tweet asking "Will you bring this Collector's Edition? (link)" yep i send together a link to Amazon's site showing the PS3 version of the Collector's. biggrin.png

They answered what i said in my previous post. "We're gonna bring limited packages and only for PS3"

@Krazy: I know biggrin.png

Edited by frokenok3

I just noticed that Amazon changed standart edition relase date to 4th November while CE has relase date of 30th November. I know its probably error but this makes me worried.

I just noticed that Amazon changed standart edition relase date to 4th November while CE has relase date of 30th November. I know its probably error but this makes me worried.

Late-to-the-party.jpg

Don't worry about it, it's just a mistake. Lots of places still aren't listing the correct release date, so Amazon having the wrong one for the CE isn't surprising. Not to mention that November 30th is Wednesday, and games are only released on a Friday in the UK.

Don't worry about it, it's just a mistake. Lots of places still aren't listing the correct release date, so Amazon having the wrong one for the CE isn't surprising. Not to mention that November 30th is Wednesday, and games are only released on a Friday in the UK.

I think HUNTER meant that while the standard edition has changed date the CE is still the same. Earlier today it was definitely listed as being released on the 30th like the CE.

Edited by Lungo

I think HUNTER meant that while the standard edition has changed date the CE is still the same. Earlier today it was definitely listed as being released on the 30th like the CE.

And again, it's nothing to write home about. It's a mistake. Do not worry!

Wait? The release date is the 4th? OK, that means Batman Arkham City is out the window, that month's payday is already tight enough! Was glad when it was November 30th because I get paid again before then =_=

Oh well, still, Collector's Edition will be worth a tough month.

Really? Since when was this known?

Woun found SEGA article when that "History of the 1st Stage" bonus OST has been annouced by SEGA. They annouced relase date in that article.

Amazon just notified me that they won't be mailing me the 3DS version this week. sad.png I'm now supposed to get it between the 28th and October 4th! laugh.png

I really don't see why they haven't put a 'not released yet; will notify you when we have a date' on it, like they do with the majority of things that have an indeterminate release date. I'm still betting that I'll see the PS3 version well before I stick this in my 3DS.

While every game ever battles it out for a lucrative spot in yet another financially ruinous November, Sonic Generations grabs the first available date for its Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. Sega's brisk, blast-processed stroll down memory lane will launch on November 1 in North America, and November 4 in Europe (where you can also obtain an elaborate special edition).

Sega has only confirmed the launch dates for Sonic's console outings at this time. The 3DS version, which features platform-exclusive levels and a two-player versus mode, is scheduled for "late 2011."

Source

....So.... Yeah.

I believe it was known as the Exclusive Edition originally (before the site revamp), or at least that's what it was being referred to in store. Either way, it's lame when a number better edition exists.

Australia always gets the best stuff. Much as I'd love that, There's no way I'd get it over the Collectors Edition.

So I fully payed my reservation off and asked about that poster that was sitting inside Gamestop. I may be able to get it biggrin.png . And he also told me that he's yet to hear anything about a special edition for the USA. This really sucks for us. And me since mine is payed off and unless we get something spectacular, I won't want to waste any extra money. Oh well guess I can get the jazware stuff and be at peace.

hey guys so I am kind of on the fence if I should buy the special edition..on one hand i really want to have the special edition and have the goodies it comes with but one the other I don't want to find that I can't even play the game on my xbox and not be able to watch the dvd..what should i do? also i really dont want to buy the game twice after i paid 200 for the special edition

hey guys so I am kind of on the fence if I should buy the special edition..on one hand i really want to have the special edition and have the goodies it comes with but one the other I don't want to find that I can't even play the game on my xbox and not be able to watch the dvd..what should i do? also i really dont want to buy the game twice after i paid 200 for the special edition

We don't know yet if the Xbox 360 version is going to be region locked. Most games are but, the odd bunch aren't. The DVD will likely be region locked, so you would need a region-free DVD player. If the game is region locked, the you could always sell it on eBay to make some of the money back, and then buy a copy from your local store.

Also, the $200 price you've seen is the New Zealand dollar price on MightyApe.co.nz. The US dollar conversion is much lower. The same goes with the $170 Australian dollar prices you might have seen, too.