Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Then, some time ago, SEGA secured a license to create games based on the Olympics. At that point I came up with the idea of having Mario and Sonic compete with each other in the Olympic games setting. We proposed that idea to Nintendo and they were really positive and interested in the idea, so that is where we started building it into a concrete game proposal.

Didn't Yuji Naka take credit for that idea in an interview not too long ago?

Anywho, those screens look good great awesome outstanding amazing! I can't wait to hear the remixes sure to accompany the Windy Valley stage! I also must add that Sonic Team has once again truly managed to outdo themselves in the graphics department as these screens look positively beautiful for both versions. SatBK outdid SatSR, Colors outdid SatBK, and this looks to have surpassed all of them. Everything just looks so sleek.

Me gusta.

well, the winter Olympics were one of the first games i bought and i kind of like it, and since i never bought the original one i think i will buy this one too. Even do i would like a platformer game with mario and sonic, i think that the ideas of both sega and nintendo are very different,i don't think that sonic would like to save a princess again(06), and a mario turning super in the end going head to head on giant monster of the week to save the world from total destruction(even if that sounds i little cool).i know that late sonic games i become more lighter in terms of story, but if the game is not a mini game collection i don't think that sega and nintendo will ever have and agreement.

Seeing Sonic riding a horse is weird but the horse lover in me can't help but like it, even though I notice some weird things such as Sonic's legs being too short to kick the horses sides. But I also noticed that Mario and Sonic are riding different colours of horses. I wonder if horse colour is random or if each character has their own horse, which in that case I want to see a Palomino and a Pinto. (Blaze should ride a Ponyta :lol: )

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what to think, those screens seem good, I want decent gameplay and decent replay value...sports like dream soccer and dream volleyball are in for sure

still shocked that SEGA isn't putting more playable characters in the game.

Espio has obtained a new voice actor which is amazing, I'd like to see him, but there are also Rouge and Big... and Sonic is missing 1 Power and 1 All Around

possibilities:

A: Rouge (All Around) Big (Power)

B: Espio (All Around) Rouge (Power)

C: Espio (All Around) Big (Power)

considering the lack of females I'd say Rouge could be an obvious choice. I love Espio a lot more than Big, but maybe the purple cat fits more with the game and it would be really fun to see him doing sports.

So SEGA, listen up! I/ We want a funny game with better controls, a lot of different sports (including classics like soccer and volleyball even in dream counterparts) and at least 4 new chars!

Mario side? put Rosalina and Diddy and please those fan!

Why Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympics isn't online

The producer of Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games has told Official Nintendo Magazine why both versions of the game won't feature online multiplayer modes.

Like previous games in the series, the Wii version will feature an online leaderboard but you won't be able to play against your friends online. According to Nobuya Ohashi there just isn't the demand for it

"We've done the research through online questionnaires and focus testing to see the demand for online multiplayer and we actually found out that there's not much demand for online multiplayer from the fans of this series," explained Ohashi.

"At the same time, not many people have the infrastructure or the facility that's required for online multiplayer so that's one thing."

He also argued that the individual games are too short to make an online game worthwhile.

"The other thing is some of the events are quite short. An event like the 100 metres only lasts ten seconds or 20 seconds maximum so would you really go through all the trouble of connecting with your friends on the other side of the world for ten or 20 seconds?"

I don't know what to think, those screens seem good, I want decent gameplay and decent replay value...sports like dream soccer and dream volleyball are in for sure

still shocked that SEGA isn't putting more playable characters in the game.

Espio has obtained a new voice actor which is amazing, I'd like to see him, but there are also Rouge and Big... and Sonic is missing 1 Power and 1 All Around

possibilities:

A: Rouge (All Around) Big (Power)

B: Espio (All Around) Rouge (Power)

C: Espio (All Around) Big (Power)

considering the lack of females I'd say Rouge could be an obvious choice. I love Espio a lot more than Big, but maybe the purple cat fits more with the game and it would be really fun to see him doing sports.

So SEGA, listen up! I/ We want a funny game with better controls, a lot of different sports (including classics like soccer and volleyball even in dream counterparts) and at least 4 new chars!

Mario side? put Rosalina and Diddy and please those fan!

I'm pretty sure you'll hear Espio's voice, anyway; don't the refs get voiced, too? Becaue Espio's been a ref since the start. Big has appeared in both prior games, as well.

Rouge, on the other hand, was actually a rival in M&S Winter. She and the other rivals are FAR MORE likely to be playable in this one than any other characters. Personally, I think Jet and Rouge are the more likely choices (Jet has been around since the start), but Rouge fits more the All-Around type and we've got enough Speed characters... technically, though, Jet *could* end up All-Around and Rouge *could* be power. Omega and Rouge would probably fit better, though, with Omega being power and Rouge being All-Around.

The Mario side didn't particularly have good rival candidates... Dry Bones could potentially be Tech or Speed, which fills one of the two Mario slots. The other is more likely to be Birdo. Dry Bowser could be added and mess up the lineup by giving Mario one more Power and Sonic one more Speed/Tech (if Dry Bowser is added, its mostlikely the case that Rouge would be All-Around and Jet Speed).

Granted, at this point it doesn't seem likely, but I just can't help but feel we're going to hear about new characters soon. Just because Pelly "hasn't heard" about new characters doesn't mean there aren't any.

^ That online thing is quite interesting. I definitely agree with that. Technically, Leaderboards could work in that case where you could have an online tournament, essentially, and just see your opponents score. A tournament system where you just see the score could be interesting, although its doubtful even that would appear. But yeah... most of the events are quite short, so it makes sense that Online Multiplayer really is pointless in this kind of game.

screenshot36960.jpg

Speaking of this, ONM said that you had to follow the music in this event to go faster. Well, I had fun playing Rythm Heaven, maybe this one will be one of my favorites

To be sung in the tune of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsc9C3jK2E.

tumblr_llarqb5S601qz5zyio1_500.jpg

Olympics born, the torch awaits.

A runner warns of a deadly fate.

“Give up your Tennis, separate.

Bide your time, lie in wait!”

Sonic on a horse!

Sonic on a horse!

They made a vow, their medal will be found.

The children grow to learn what’s right.

Leaders of the Modern pentathlon.

They seek their Table tennis, she knows they do.

Is it time, if she only knew,

Will the Badminton come true?

Sonic on a horse!

Sonic on a horse!

“I long for my horse, but I have to horse.

To horse horse horse may seal their horse.”

They made a horse, their horse will be horse.

Sonic on a horse!!!

Source: http://superpsyguy.tumblr.com/post/5548776507/olympics-born-the-torch-awaits-a-runner-warns

Friggin hilarious.

Also, glad to hear they're focusing more on multiplayer. The more games that bring the family together, the better, IMO. :)

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would be very pleased if

Heh, Sonic riding on Mr Ed.............sounds a bit dirty........................TO RULE 34!

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 1

SEGA considered launching a peripheral with the game

[quote name=My article :P]SEGA has told Videogamer.com that they once considered launching a peripheral together with Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games in the early days of development.

“In the very early stage of this project, we even considered creating a new peripheral that works – that matches best for this game” the developer told VideoGamer. “We always try to look for new alternatives or possibilities.”

No information was given as to what the peripheral may have looked like, what its function was or which platform it was for, but with Mario & Sonic’s brand power and SEGA’s success with past entries in the series, their new game doesn’t really need peripherals to sell it anyway.

Source: Videogamer.com

So, a hobby horse with Wii remote attachments?

Can't you do that without a peripheral?

Staple characters include fan favorites like Luigi, Peach, Tails, and Vector.

Wow, Vector's really coming up in the world if he can be put beside those characters..... let alone be considered a "staple". :lol:

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Well... Vector technically is a staple. Originally, Espio had been getting more appearances than Vector, and more major ones to boot. Espio was a major focus in Knuckles' Chaotix, and the he was the only Chaotix member in both Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Rivals 2. Then Vector appeared in Olympics (twice) and Sonic Free Riders. Espio's last playable appearance was... Sonic Rivals 2.

Jet is also a staple. He's appeared a couple of times outside of Riders without either of his partners (he's a trophy in Brawl while Rouge, a far more major character, isn't even one, he cameoed [as far as I know] in Secret Rings' multiplayer, he was playable in Black Knight's multiplayer, he was planned as playable for Olympics [along with Silver] and he was a rival in Winter Olympics). I still don't think he's beaten Espio for appearances (he's only had one non-Riders playable appearance), but he's getting there.

Still, compared to other characters, they're not quite as "staple", but they still are. Even Cream is more of a staple, and she's barely done anything lately. Silver and Blaze... definitely, although they've still got less appearances than Rouge, whom also has been lacking a bit lately (Rouge's main issue is spinoff appearances; Blaze and Silver are lacking for plot appearances, but that makes sense).

Wow, Vector's really coming up in the world if he can be put beside those characters..... let alone be considered a "staple". :lol:

Sorry for the bump, no news, but I was wondering...what do you guys think...will be the difference in badminton? I mean...besides playing on a bigger field and that its more like tennis, it should still play almost exactly the same, besides aesthetics....so..whaddya think? will it be a table tennis copy or will they implement a different gimmick for it?

201730-header.jpg

◎_◎

-

Generally a pity that I do not have Wii. Do not play to the level of SA. So this level will be in 3DS version?

Edited by Woun