Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Around this time for the Winter Olympics, we got screens for Metal Sonic and Donkey Kong. SIlver's presence was also leaked via a screenshot with his flag on it. However, gameplay videos weren't available until July (where the first one got taken down in hours), so we're ahead of schedule in regards to that.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Really? I guess we are switched out this time. No mention of characters by June, but game playable on June (and no one caring enough to film some gameplay) wich means....we will get a word about characters in July? :D ...lol jk.

Five days to reply, I'm too slow.

Ah, we have had word on the characters, right when it was officially announced. The reason we've got screenies and gameplay so quickly this time is probably because SEGA don't have anything to hide in regards to characters, unlike two years ago (indeed, the second the first gameplay video was leaked, it ruined the surprise of the roster completely).

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like SEGA are getting the ball rolling on making way for the game; the price of the first Mario and Sonic has been slashed down to £9.98 in some places.

I'm hoping for some new artwork.

*crosses fingers for ribbon dancing Waluigi*

November 18th in Europe and November 15th in the US.

Stupid release. Too much is coming out in November >_>

Is the game coming out this year or next year?

Wii version is this year, 3DS version is next year.

Awesome!!! Love the boxart! and it confirms we will see cycling (just like I predicted :3 ) sprint and hurdles (although they just HAD to be there) and discus. Loving the yellow box!

Lol! Our big red buses and Big Ben clock tower aren't good enough for the US?

Well, it's either Big Ben and red buses or Eggman, Wario and Waluigi bonding on the track with Shadow as a tagalong.

I'm torn on this one.

YAY! The boxart has a Big Oss on it!

Only... would the box art not be better if... Big was driving the London Bus?

I've just tweeted SEGA to ask why there is a difference in the box artwork. I'm curious to know why :P Will post any answer I get.

Hmm...I like both. I think I prefer the EUR one slightly. I love Big Ben and the big red bus it gives the London feel. and I think the cycling piece is just random, couldve shown another event. Ill end up getting the US version anyways. Hope we will get some gameplay soon!

Press Release:

SEGA Europe and SEGA America are celebrating exactly 365 days to go before the official opening of Olympic Games in London next year with new packaging, assets and the release date named!

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ for the Wii™ will be available in a unique yellow casing, a first for the series and for third party games publishers.

New screenshots are also now available with Mario, Sonic and their friends on the starting line and ready to compete in the new enhanced 100m sprint for the Wii™ and, for the first time ever, the 110m hurdles for 3DS™. These are just two of the classic Olympic events that appear alongside a host of brand new Olympic and Dream events in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™.

Over 19 million people worldwide have bought video games from the Mario and Sonic series and the latest instalment, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™, will hit stores on 15th November in North America (18th November in Europe) for the Wii™ home video game system. The Nintendo 3DS™ platform will release in February 2012.

For more information please visit: www.olympicvideogames.com

http://www.sega.co.uk/news/?n=5252