Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Looks like they're really emphasising some kinda ballet event then. Weird thing is that previous screens show Amy in her outfit from the first game, so maybe its a ballet exclusive constume, like Sonic's life-jacket in the swimming events.

If it is an event specific outfit, then it'll raise the question of whether its just the girls that get it or that guys too...which then raises the image of Mario/Wario/Eggman/Bowser/whoever else in a leotard...

EDIT: After I said this, my little mind got to work, which lead to my pencil getting to work...which lead to this...

tumblr_lm9v6rVEJR1qk7lx5o1_500.png

Behold, the greatest Dance Team to Grace the Olympics, in it's entire history! :P

pervert-demotivational-poster-1213830767.jpg

This is hawtness. I can make it work.

We went from Amy in a somewhat skimpy tutu to Eggman and Wario in leotards in a single post. The turnaround on that went by so fast it snapped my neck.

U GUYZ IS SO CRAZY

Ballet dancing with skimpy tutus?

Well, I guess we all know what event Rouge is serving as the Rival for, then.

Pretty sure it's a gymnastics costume and not for ballet.

That said, it still raises the question of fat men in leotards...

Pretty sure it's a gymnastics costume and not for ballet.

That said, it still raises the question of fat men in leotards...

Or a Dream Sailor Moon Event [/badpun]

Ooer, M&S 3DS won't be out until 2012? Surprising. That's good though. I can knock it off my Autumn check list, which already includes Generations 360, Generations 3DS and M&S Wii.

Also:

Amy_in_London.png

Amy's new outfit. Interesting, no? The shoes are very different.

She's showing WAY too much leg..which only leaves the question....What about Rouge?......O_o

She's showing WAY too much leg..which only leaves the question....What about Rouge?......O_o

Edited by dabbido

She isnt even confirmed, heck it isnt even confirmed there will be more characters. But I admit it would be interesting, would look funny and weird.

She's confirmed more or less - they've never taken out characters in subsequent Mario & Sonic installments, only added. (With the single exception of Noki/Māre, but even then they are essentially shellfish and probably not suited for the Canadian winter.)

That artwork of Amy sure is puzzling, though. Earlier screens have shown her in her M&S1 outfit, so I take it that this is event-specific attire? And Blaze is in this game, you say? Eee! Hopefully this isn't exclusive to female characters though, as we simply need to see Eggman in gymnastic attire.

She's confirmed more or less - they've never taken out characters in subsequent Mario & Sonic installments, only added. (With the single exception of Noki/Māre, but even then they are essentially shellfish and probably not suited for the Canadian winter.)

That artwork of Amy sure is puzzling, though. Earlier screens have shown her in her M&S1 outfit, so I take it that this is event-specific attire? And Blaze is in this game, you say? Eee! Hopefully this isn't exclusive to female characters though, as we simply need to see Eggman in gymnastic attire.

^ She's guaranteed to appear... IF we've got new playable characters this time around. Rivals are likely to return, and Rouge could still be one if they don't add new characters. Regardless, Rouge is still #1 mostlikely character to be added as playable, and she's the only "main" character who hasn't been added yet (I don't consider Vector "main," anyway...). If new characters -are- added... from the Sonic side I'd say Rouge and Omega, simply because we got Speed and Tech characters last time around (unless they make Rouge a power-type and Jet all-around).

And yes... Blaze is in. Obviously. What did you just say? Blaze appeared in both the first two...

And yes... Blaze is in. Obviously. What did you just say? Blaze appeared in both the first two...

I was just putting two and two together when it came to "adorable frilly gymnastic outfit" and "Blaze is playable" = "Playable Blaze in an adorable filly gymnastic outfit" = "fangirl squee"

However, I don't really see there being more playable characters in this outing. SEGA already plainly stated that there's going to be 20 playable characters from the Mario and Sonic series. But hey, if that statement happens to be incorrect I would be more than okay with that. If all the Rivals happen to be unlockable player characters (how?) then I would be super okay with that. If all the other NPCs were playable I would begin to question what crazy sorcery they used to fit that all on one disc/cartridge.

Edited by HunterTSF

RE: The character discussion.

SEGA said there's 20 characters and ONM already confirmed who they are, and they're just the same lot we got last time.

There are 20 characters to choose from and each belongs to a different skill type.

Power Type

Wario, Knuckles, Bowser, Vector, Donkey Kong

All around

Luigi, Amy Rose, Mario, Blaze The Cat, Bowser Jr

Speed

Shadow The Hedgehog, Daisy, Sonic, Yoshi, Metal Sonic

Skill

Tails, Peach, Eggman, Waluigi, Silver The Hedgehog

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/26261/first-mario-sonic-at-the-london-2012-olympics-wii-screenshots-details/

Well I for one care. Not much to say, it's a CG thing, I like the CG but, well.. it's just like all the other CGs we see for this series... mind you I like the fact they're on Big Ben.

*Looks at the Sonic Generations topic*

I promise I will be back soon.

THAT'S A SWIMMING OUTFIT?!

I know eveyone though Peach was wearing a swimming costume, but I didnt think Amy's was too confusing as to being a Gymnastics costume. o_O

Edit: And Vector and Bowser are STILL trailer rivals, I love this recurring joke.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Eh, slightly disappointed compared to Winter Games's trailer that had a whole buttload of character interaction - but this is probably not the full opening.

Eggman playing badminton - Just use your star power!

Knux was the man to beat in Hockey, and clearly he will be the man to beat in Soccer. Check out his Renaldo impression out there. Nobody is gonna stop that.

Fun Stuff :lol:

Unlike the awesome Generations trailer this one disappointed me slightly.. I expected to see more of Metal Sonic (zoomed in) and Shadow. But what's even worse is that aside from the seconds in the beginning, I didn't see Blaze and Silver in the trailer. I hope we'll see them later and that this trailer is just not full version of the opening of the game, like it was the case with the first two games when they were announced.

I laughed so hard at Luigi trying to look epic while riding a horse.

Gotta love the man for trying.

I loved it, sure Generations got a great trailer as well and it shows gameplay footage, this is just a teaser. But this is not even the full opening. Loved seeing Knux playing soccer, and the Big Ben. Liked it overall!

Well, Wario, Waluigi, Blaze, Silver, and Daisy are all absent in this trailer. I don't think I saw Donkey Kong, either... Who else is missing?

Yeah, though, its definitely not the full intro. Would be interesting to see that. ^^

Alright Shadow, admit it: You really weren't trying, were you? Luckily, Knuckles was there to pick up the slack. =(

This was a nice trailer overall. The whole split screen effect at the beginning was nice, and it probably would've been more fun to see it utilized throughout. It would have been double the fun!

I have to say that's a nice CG trailer...this is not the full intro obviously, seeing those sonic chars in action is really cool. Anyway, Espio and Toad are confirmed to be referee again (I've seen them in pictures), so we might see Cream and Lakitu as well as referee too.

I'm glad to see that Soccer will contain at least 8 players...I'm hoping for 10.

I'm waiting for Blaze and Daisy doing beach volley and SIlver riding a bike or something

Once again, I believe there are at least 4 new characters to be announced with respective trailers, just like Winter Olympics did. And I'm not counting the beginning scene where you can see all the cast in the opening ceremony, Do you remember Ryo Hazuki in SASR Trailer? In the teaser didn't show him behind Amigo...I think the same thin is going to happen here.

so, now that I have Espio deconfirmed, I just guess

Rouge, Jet, Big, Omega... 2 of these will be playable