Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

^ Not necessarily, but here's hoping. I still say that if there ARE new characters (so far we've only heard 20)... Rouge will be the first for sure. I don't think Big will be playable appear because he's been in since the start, and never as a rival. It'll come down to probably Jet and Omega. I honestly think that the more likely one would be Jet, but Omega is a Power-Type, which the Sonic side is lacking one of right now, so he could get in over Jet easily.

The only way Jet is in is if Rouge ends up being a Power type, then Jet can be given the role of an All-Around. Both Jet and Rouge could easily fit All-Around, moreso Rouge than Jet, though. Jet is mostly a Speed type, but Technical could "techincally" work for him. Rouge, considering the fact that she isn't particularly strong in any area (Power being the closest), she's the best candidate for All-Around.

Well, Wario, Waluigi, Blaze, Silver, and Daisy are all absent in this trailer. I don't think I saw Donkey Kong, either... Who else is missing?

Yeah, though, its definitely not the full intro. Would be interesting to see that. ^^

Waluigi was in the trailer, albeit a quick flash of him on the soccer field.

I've never actually been interested in the series games for their gameplay, but DAMN their trailers are nothing short of amazing.

I've found the trailer, the quality of which is much better, than the quality of the trailer on Sega-press!

CLICK! = ^_^=

Edited by ArtFenix

Oh wow rhythmic gymnastics is in, that's hilarious. Can you just imagine Shadow prancing around with a ribbon? Also Knuckles is such a pro at soccer, who knew?

There are new Wii and 3DS screens in the EU SEGA Press Vault. I'll try to get them up on TSS soon if someone doesn't beat me to posting them here.

EDIT:

There's more character art, too.

I can't picture Bowser prancing, under any circumstances, ribbon or no. I can see him TRYING to do this - *leap* THUD!!, *step, step, leap* THUD!!. With the whole audience bouncing in the air each time he lands.

I can actually visualize Eggman mincing around with surprising grace, although I'm not sure I want to see what he's wearing while he's doing it. He's shown in the past that he's surprisingly light (and fast) on his feet. And Metal Sonic needs a metallic ribbon.

Well...to be honest the game doesnt have me as excited as I was with the first one, and even if its just a lazy idea to do the summer games AGAIN. Im still pumped, because I know it will probably be the best of all 3 games. And seriously while Winter games was much more polished and offered more than the first one, it felt monotonous, because there were many similar events and pretty much the same setting, while olympics have you swimming one time, next playing table tennis then running 100m, it had diversity, and while I enjoyed Winter Olympics for all its polish (and I spent more time with it) my family and friends admit they had more fun with the previous game.

So I guess so far we dont have much events confirmed.

Athletics: (I dont know if all the past events will be there)

Gymnastics: (We saw trampoline and rythmic gymnastics, vault will probably be there again)

Badminton

Rowing (or was it canoe sprint?)

Equestrian Jumping (who knows, we might see dressage too)

Football (soccer)

Judo

Swimming

did I miss something?

There are new Wii and 3DS screens in the EU SEGA Press Vault. I'll try to get them up on TSS soon if someone doesn't beat me to posting them here.

EDIT:

There's more character art, too.

Yeah, can you post them up? Seems nobody else has them.

I haven't seen any new screenshots personally, since I haven't been in the vault, but here's all the character art shown, as far as I know, so far. Some of these are pretty huge!

Sonic_London_Olympics.png

MarioLondon2012.png

LuigiLondonOlympicGames.jpg

TailsLondonOlympicGames.jpg

PeachLondonOlympicGames.jpg

AmyLondonOlympicGames.jpg

Edited by My YoshiUnity is Ready

With how shiny Sonic's quills look here you'd think he actually broke a sweat.

And Peach in a leotard. You here that? That's the mooing of fanboys from fapping so ferociously.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if these were the only ones in the vault, but Shadzter will make that clear if otherwise. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks Shadzter.

Some of those 3DS and Wii screens have been released before, however.

mariosonicatthelondon20.jpg

Woah, new event, I take it? Just what exactly is going on here anyways? Certainly doesn't look like any sport that I've ever seen before!

Edited by HunterTSF

Ive been wondering that. Doesnt look like an olympic event at all XD, its either a non-olympic event, a minigame or some sort of party mode? I dont know.

If it's a mini-game, it's gonna be WORTH IT unlike the first olympics' mini games that were boring after 2 plays. The second was good but nothing that made me want to play them again and again.

Tho I think i've already seen that game but I forgot where...

I think it was in a Wii U trailer or demonstration but all the characters where mario based.

I also hope that well get a bigger shopping area like the last olympic where we could buy lots of stuff and add more decorations to make the place marvelous with all the character intercations and more unlockables.

EDIT:

Tho I might be wrong but it does looks quite similar tho the goal of the game isn't the same. Edited by Unholy Sønic

mariosonicatthelondon20.jpg

Woah, new event, I take it? Just what exactly is going on here anyways? Certainly doesn't look like any sport that I've ever seen before!

• Thumbs Up 3

Pac man? Pfff, didn't you heard? This is Miss Pacman's turf, she's the one who's going to clean up the place in 1 bite. All of them.

If it's a mini-game, it's gonna be WORTH IT unlike the first olympics' mini games that were boring after 2 plays. The second was good but nothing that made me want to play them again and again.

Tho I think i've already seen that game but I forgot where...

I think it was in a Wii U trailer or demonstration but all the characters where mario based.

I also hope that well get a bigger shopping area like the last olympic where we could buy lots of stuff and add more decorations to make the place marvelous with all the character intercations and more unlockables.

EDIT:

Tho I might be wrong but it does looks quite similar tho the goal of the game isn't the same.

Edited by dabbido

EDIT: WOW! upon closer inspection, arent they all carrying an item? ala link? "danananaaa!" XD maybe its some sort of "take X item to X venue" sort of game?

msminigame.png

Oh god it looks like they have Metroids on their heads. Samus CONFIRMED!

Edited by dabbido