Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Looks like even the bigger characters like Bowser will be horse riding.

If that is the case, then there is only one horse that probably large enough and fittingly evil for such an evildoer:

Edited by AdventChild

New scans without anything new, except a new art piece with Luigi and I don't give a shit about Luigi. Very disappointing. Why is Sega trying so hard to not show us anything before the E3? Is there really so little information that they are afraid that if they showed us something now, they would have nothing more to show at the E3?

Thanks for the scans anyway, Woun!))

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Mmm, pretty much full confirmation that the roster hasn't changed a jot, unless Silver and Blaze have been tossed out (I very much doubt it).

But wait...that place where the guys are racing on foot...I swear I've been along there by coach!

New scans without anything new, except a new art piece with Luigi and I don't give a shit about Luigi. Very disappointing. Why is Sega trying so hard to not show us anything before the E3? Is there really so little information that they are afraid that if they showed us something now, they would have nothing more to show at the E3?

Thanks for the scans anyway, Woun!))

I think they've given us a good amount of material before E3. The big event is only 2 weeks or so away, so they may as well save some stuff to show off there. So far we've had screens for both versions, a variety of events and 2 dream events detailed, confirmation of the 20 characters from the last game being in and some interviews. I wouldn't call that little information.

Mmm, pretty much full confirmation that the roster hasn't changed a jot, unless Silver and Blaze have been tossed out (I very much doubt it).

It's already been confirmed that all 20 characters from the last game will be appearing.

Has it? I knew that 20 characters had been confirmed, but some were speculating that the roster had been shuffled about.

Has it? I knew that 20 characters had been confirmed, but some were speculating that the roster had been shuffled about.

ONM UK confirmed it back on May 16th when the first screenshots, previews and interviews from SEGA's press event for the game hit the net:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/26261/first-mario-sonic-at-the-london-2012-olympics-wii-screenshots-details/

There are 20 characters to choose from and each belongs to a different skill type.

Power Type

Wario, Knuckles, Bowser, Vector, Donkey Kong

All around

Luigi, Amy Rose, Mario, Blaze The Cat, Bowser Jr

Speed

Shadow The Hedgehog, Daisy, Sonic, Yoshi, Metal Sonic

Skill

Tails, Peach, Eggman, Waluigi, Silver The Hedgehog

Nothing new. Just a new piece of artwork, wich confirms that the baton event is still there. I read the whole thing (Spanish is my main language) but it practically says what we know, that you control your horse by shaking the wiimote and jumping with the press of a button. They talk about dream events. Although there is a part (its cut so I cant see it all ) where it seems like a page is missing or something, but it sounds like they saw a vid or something, where the Queen of England grabs a wiimote and plays against the Japs. probably an actor, but she looked identical. thats all I can read from that part. Maybe an ad? If it is...AWESOME!

EDIT: Aaand I get ignored again ^^U

Edited by dabbido

May 16th? Ah, that was the day I began to get overloaded with exams and junk, that'll be why I missed it. Thanks for the heads up Shadz...

Wait, what's this about the Queen versus the Japanese? Why do I want to see this so badly?

I still can't believe they aren't adding ANY new playable characters, plus no online, no motion plus, and a bunch of rehashed events from the first M&S. :/ Hopefully they're at least going to go all out with a ton of dream events.

Well... how many events did the original have? Wasn't that around 20-25 or so? We've got double the events, so expect plenty of new Dream Events in that roster. Here's also hoping that the "lack of new characters" is false, since that and events (and stages/courses) are some of the biggest incentives to buy sequel games.

Edited by UltimaHedgie

I still can't believe they aren't adding ANY new playable characters, plus no online, no motion plus, and a bunch of rehashed events from the first M&S. :/ Hopefully they're at least going to go all out with a ton of dream events.

No new characters = who else should they add that 1) isn't already in the game 2) isn't going to at least cameo or 3) that anyone except for a small niche of fans will actually give a damn about?

No motion plus = not a a large enough install base. Nintendo simply used motion plus to sell wii sports resort and then abandoned, like all the other peripherals (wheel, balance board etc). Sega obviously want to maximise sales, so they aim for the larger install base.

No online = Whats the point of going through all that effort for events that last between 10-30 seconds?

Events = Rehashed? There's a limit to the changes they can make due to the actual number of Olympic games and the ways they can be controlled. They've also said they'll be 50 events in this one, which is an additional 20? I believe

I don't see the problem here mate, I'd say don't buy it if your not interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

No new characters = who else should they add that 1) isn't already in the game 2) isn't going to at least cameo or 3) that anyone except for a small niche of fans will actually give a damn about?

No motion plus = not a a large enough install base. Nintendo simply used motion plus to sell wii sports resort and then abandoned, like all the other peripherals (wheel, balance board etc). Sega obviously want to maximise sales, so they aim for the larger install base.

No online = Whats the point of going through all that effort for events that last between 10-30 seconds?

Events = Rehashed? There's a limit to the changes they can make due to the actual number of Olympic games and the ways they can be controlled. They've also said they'll be 50 events in this one, which is an additional 20? I believe

I don't see the problem here mate, I'd say don't buy it if your not interested.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

New article from SEGA

This month, a host of special guests turned up to get a first look at Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™, following its announcement in April. What better place to reveal the closely guarded secrets of the game, than The Tower of London.

If your invite got “lost in the post” we can now reveal all the action from the event, attended by Olympic medallist and Triple Jump World Record holder, Jonathan Edwards and none other than the Queen of England herself… well a very good impersonator at least!

Naturally Mario and Sonic were there too, the iconic duo having recently spent an afternoon travelling around London on a double-decker bus with the world’s paparazzi in tow, had their photo taken outside London landmarks to celebrate the announcement of the game.

The highlights of the day were interviews with the game developers, the first showing of both the Nintendo 3DS™and the Nintendo Wii™ versions of the game, as well as the first hands-on for VIP press. This even got the Royal seal of approval from “The Queen”, who enjoyed a little dabble on the controls as she tried out some of the exclusively revealed game events. These included Showjumping, Canoeing, Badminton and two 'Dream Events' (Long Jump & Dream Discus).

The Nintendo 3DS version features over 50 original Olympic themed events, playable in both single and multiplayer modes and those showcased included Kayaking, Balance Beam, Breaststroke, Judo and the “runaway” success of the day Run/Walk event.

What more could you want to whet your appetite for the forthcoming London 2012 Olympic Games!

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ will be available on the Wii™ home video game system and the Nintendo 3DS™. A launch date will be announced later in the year.

For more information about the game, please visit www.olympicvideogames.com

http://www.sega.co.uk/news/?n=5079

Would be funny to see the actual Queen play the game :lol:

Would be funny to see the actual Queen play the game :lol:

Would be even funnier to see the Queen make a playable appearance. Imagine it, outracing Sonic in the Track events, overpowering Bowser in the Judo events, or even racing around on a "Big Oss!"...

You gotta admit it'd be hilarious :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got the new Nintendo Power. There's a small preview for the game that doesn't have too much in the way of new information or screens, but there are a few new renders for Amy, Peach, and Tails. Amy and Peach are sporting new, more gymanastic-y costumes, as well.

Queen of England as an unlockable player! DO IT SEGA!!! XD

It would be hilarious...seriously.

Just make a Mii of her. I'm sure they'll retain Mii support in this iteration.

I was hoping for Marine, Wave and Storm. We'd have all the 'modern' characters with profiles on Sonic Channel(minus Tikal, Chaos and Chip) then.

Edited by Xeric

Can't wait to see Volleyball and Soccer...hoping to see their "dream" alter ego too.

anyway still pushing for more characters to be announced. SEGA knows that fans are thrilled about the possibility of a roster enhancement, and basing on the fact that there are existing models of certain characters like Rouge, Jet, Birdo etc... adding at least 4 chars isn't "that" much of work for them.

Anyway there are some important faces that are missing. Rouge is the most important. Characters like Big, Jet and Espio come 2nd. Mario side lacks of an important character like Diddy Kong, and a female like Rosalina or Birdo. The roster then is incomplete, lacking of 2 slots per side.

BTW, characters aren't my primary focus on this game, let's just say that for first I want to play a polished game with smooth framerate and funny games with improved gameplay.

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ (Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™) – Launch Date: November 2011 (Wii™), February 2012 (Nintendo 3DS™)

Mario™ and Sonic™ will once again join forces on the Wii™ home video game system and, for the first time ever, on Nintendo 3DS™ as the much loved duo head to London to participate in the officially licensed Olympic-themed video game, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™. A host of exciting new headline events, including Football and Equestrian will debut on the Wii version appearing alongside classic Olympic disciplines, such as Athletics, Aquatics and Table Tennis. The new handheld system from Nintendo will bring a whole new dimension to the Mario & Sonic universe with glasses-free 3D visuals and around 50 original Olympic themed events playable using the unique control systems of the Nintendo 3DS.

Sega-Press, update for Line-Up, E3 Games. And here M&S 2012.

Ooer, M&S 3DS won't be out until 2012? Surprising. That's good though. I can knock it off my Autumn check list, which already includes Generations 360, Generations 3DS and M&S Wii.

Also:

Amy_in_London.png

Amy's new outfit. Interesting, no? The shoes are very different.

Edited by Blue Blood

Looks like they're really emphasising some kinda ballet event then. Weird thing is that previous screens show Amy in her outfit from the first game, so maybe its a ballet exclusive constume, like Sonic's life-jacket in the swimming events.

If it is an event specific outfit, then it'll raise the question of whether its just the girls that get it or that guys too...which then raises the image of Mario/Wario/Eggman/Bowser/whoever else in a leotard...

EDIT: After I said this, my little mind got to work, which lead to my pencil getting to work...which lead to this...

tumblr_lm9v6rVEJR1qk7lx5o1_500.png

Behold, the greatest Dance Team to Grace the Olympics, in it's entire history! :P

Edited by Kamicciolo
  • Thumbs Up 4