Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

I'd certainly bet on it- the last games had leaderboards and also had the logo. Hopefully though we'll get online play. Not likely, but with the improved online system for the 3DS I really want it.

Mario_and_Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games_box_art.png

Agreed. I was annoyed with being restricted to online leaderboards on both versions of the first two games, so I'm hoping they'll finally add more online features this time around. Party games are much better in local multiplayer, but I think they can still be fun online, too.

Agreed. I was annoyed with being restricted to online leaderboards on both versions of the first two games, so I'm hoping they'll finally add more online features this time around. Party games are much better in local multiplayer, but I think they can still be fun online, too.

Especially considering that the 3DS has voice chat, some M&S parties between SSMBers could be great fun. Shame it's most likely not going to happen.

More retailer speculation

ShopTo.net has the game down for a 02/03/2012 release date. Both versions are available for pre-order and are priced at £31.85.

http://www.shopto.net/WII/NEW%20RELEASES/WIIMA24-Mario%20and%20Sonic%20at%20the%20London%202012%20Olympic%20Games.html

http://www.shopto.net/3DS/NEW%20RELEASES/3DSMA03-Mario%20and%20Sonic%20at%20the%20London%202012%20Olympic%20Games.html

More retailer speculation

ShopTo.net has the game down for a 02/03/2012 release date. Both versions are available for pre-order and are priced at £31.85.

http://www.shopto.net/WII/NEW%20RELEASES/WIIMA24-Mario%20and%20Sonic%20at%20the%20London%202012%20Olympic%20Games.html

http://www.shopto.net/3DS/NEW%20RELEASES/3DSMA03-Mario%20and%20Sonic%20at%20the%20London%202012%20Olympic%20Games.html

I love how ShopTo seems to be quick with these things. They're the only retailer listing Generations at the moment, too.

EDIT: Scratch that- Play.com have Generations as well. Still, it's fast of both of them.

EDIT: Well nevermind what I said about Generations. The GAME group now has it.

Edited by Blue Blood

ShopTo.net has the game down for a 02/03/2012 release date.

March?

That's gotta be wrong. I mean, would SEGA really pass up the opportunity to release two new games in its best-selling franchise at Christmas, the time when people spend like they have more money than sense? Especially if they're releasing Generations on 360/PS3 at the same, us Wii owners are going to feel a bit left out over the holiday season otherwise...

I'm guessing a Q4 2011 release, just like the last two (excluding the DS version of the original, oddly). Olympics was released in November 2007 and Winter Olympics was released in October 2009. I very much doubt they'll buck that trend now.

Where's my CG trailer, Sega?!

Seriously, are they gonna show us something besides a couple of artworks and basic info?

So um... when I read that there will be equestrian events, I kinda hope Sonic will come riding in on Rainbow Dash.... XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope that with equestrian, they back off the realism a little and treat the horses like Crash Bash treated it's polar bears/dino-dragons. That had some big blokes on little steeds too, they just made fun of it by making the bears sound like it was groaning in pain every time it jumped. Also make the horses more cartoony than normal.

From Facebook:

Sonic The Hedgehog

The Gold Medal Winning Team Is Brought Together Again For the London 2012 Olympic Games!

London's Calling Mario & Sonic

olympicvideogames.com

The official home of Olympic Video Games, including Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games!

Official site is up:

olympicvideogames.com

http://www.olympicvideogames.com/mario-and-sonic-london-olympics/us/

Edit: Pretty sure I've been ninja'ded.

Edited by Inferno

Woah, totally late to the party on this one. No new characters... I guess the roster from the last game was pretty respectable, but I was confident that we'd at least be getting Rouge (since she's the most important Sonic character not to have been included yet and she has a model lying around) and Diddy Kong (to cash in on DKCR fans, I guess). I'm sure that we'll get more characters as rivals or in the story mode or whatever, but that's still a bit of a bummer.

...oh god, horse-riding. This has so much potential to be hilarious.

Blaze riding a horse would be really proud :) I hope they give new outfits for Amy, Blaze and (hopefully) Rouge.

Anyway, still pretty sure SEGA will fill the remainig Power, All Around, Skill, Speed slots...

I'm going to push Rouge more than ever. What about putting Rouge as a Power type? and maybe then Jet or Espio could fit as All Around. I don't know, I just think that Rouge (All Around) and Big (Power) would be the best choice

Espio would be fine as skill.

yeah but Sonic Team already has Silver as Skill, the Skill slot is for Mario side now.

If you allow me to dream a little bit, I'd like to see

Speed

Sonic, Shadow,Metal Sonic, Blaze, Classic Sonic

Power

Knuckles, Vector, Big, Omega, Chaos 0

All Around

Espio, Jet, Amy, Rouge, Shade

Skill

Eggman, Tails, Wave, Cream, Silver

Am I the only one who wants to see Shade? She looked like a promising character in chronicles and besides there was some reference to the game in the Winter Olympics.

SEGA + Nintendo meeting:

Satoru: Ok, it's time to bring Sonic and Mario together... But how?

SEGA Executive 1: Make it a adventure game where Eggman and Bowser join forces an-

Satoru: Na, won't work.

Nintendo Executive 1: How's about a puzzle game were Sonic and Mario have to find the spagetti pizz-

Satoru: I like where your coming from but, no.

(Pause)

SEGA Executive 2: ... Olympics?

Satoru: GOTYFTW

[insert trollface here.]

Edited by Diquro

Still surprised there is no CGI trailer yet...and that date must be a mistake, it always comes out by the end of the year.

Do you guys think we will get an "equestrian subsection" ? including Equestrian Dressage, Equestrian Eventing and Equestrian Jumping? I guess we could also get a cycling subsection since theres many varieties.

...Yeah I dont even know what to talk about since theres no more info -_-

By the way heres my two cents:

-Team Mario:

-Diddy Kong - Speed

-Rosalina - Skill

Team Sonic:

-Rouge - All Around

-Big - Power

Horse-riding, eh? If the horses look anything like these then I'm completely sold:

My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Is-Magic-Episode-20.jpg

th_c23d4aa8.jpg

Yeah, I know they're ponies, don't get your princess panties in a bunch....

• Thumbs Up 1

My guess is that a trailer will debut around E3. If it's earlier than that then perhaps it could be released sometime next month. It sounds to me like Sega's focusing more on Generations at this time.

Am I the only one who wants to see Shade? She looked like a promising character in chronicles and besides there was some reference to the game in the Winter Olympics.

Hehe, obviously you missed my post on the first page where I made myself look like a jerk, not that that's a bad thing though, :rolleyes: but anyway I too would like to see Shade in this game. :)

March?

That's gotta be wrong. I mean, would SEGA really pass up the opportunity to release two new games in its best-selling franchise at Christmas, the time when people spend like they have more money than sense? Especially if they're releasing Generations on 360/PS3 at the same, us Wii owners are going to feel a bit left out over the holiday season otherwise...

Well let me ask you this, would you rather Sega release a rushed clunky game for the holiday season? Or would you rather Sega release a polished smooth game next March? I'll take the latter. B)

Hehe, obviously you missed my post on the first page where I made myself look like a jerk, not that that's a bad thing though, :rolleyes: but anyway I too would like to see Shade in this game. :)

Well let me ask you this, would you rather Sega release a rushed clunky game for the holiday season? Or would you rather Sega release a polished smooth game next March? I'll take the latter. B)

You DO have a point there my friend! I really dont think that extra time would make that much of a difference though, plus the wii owners will really feel left out this holiday season. I mean the fact that Generations wont be in the wii is bad enough. I would love a polished game though. But I think its a false date because SEGA is just lazy and because they would lose a golden opportunity.

I really hope they will make us unlock characters / events / stuff. Cause having all characters from the start is nice, but its just awesome to say "yay I unlocked X character" or maybe its just me.

Horse-riding, eh? If the horses look anything like these then I'm completely sold:

My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Is-Magic-Episode-20.jpg

th_c23d4aa8.jpg

Yeah, I know they're ponies, don't get your princess panties in a bunch....