Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

just dropping here

Rouge: Skill

Espio: All Around

Big: Power

Classic Sonic: Speed

Jet, Omega, Chaos 0, Eggman Nega: Rivals

Cream, Wave, Storm, Charmy, Chip: referee + cameos

Rosalina: Power

Diddy Kong: Speed

Toadsworth: Skill

Baby Mario: All Around

Dry Bowser, Petey, King Boo, Birdo : RIVALS

Toad, Toadette, Lakitu, Shy Guy, Koopas : referee + cameos

• Bad Quality Post 3

just dropping here

I pretty much agree with this. This is a good roster (especally Classic Sonic and Rosalina)

Though instead of Baby Mario as a counterpart to Classic Sonic, we need this guy instead.

250pxsupermariobros2box.jpg

Edited by LimeTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

More than likely. I don't mind waiting, since all they'd show now is probably CG anyway, while at E3 we'll probably get that CG trailer, as well as hands-on impressions and gameplay footage recorded from the press.

just dropping here

• Thumbs Up 2

Isn't it already confirmed that there are only 20 characters? Such bullshit! :/ They keep giving us these halfassed mini-game crossovers that no one really wants and they can't even be bothered to AT LEAST go a little crazy on the fan service.

• Bad Quality Post 1

I think that is what they want us to believe...

I?m expecting at least 4 more playables just like last time

I think that is what they want us to believe...
Maybe they want you to believe it because it's the truth.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Isn't it already confirmed that there are only 20 characters? Such bullshit! :/ They keep giving us these halfassed mini-game crossovers that no one really wants and they can't even be bothered to AT LEAST go a little crazy on the fan service.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd wait a while before taking this for granted. I mean, come on... they've GOT to add more characters in a sequel. Its insane if they don't, and I don't know of any Sonic spinoff sequel that didn't add new characters to it (even Black Knight maintained all the multiplayer characters from Secret Rings 'cept for maybe Cream... I don't know if she was in Secret Rings or not... and also added Jet and Arthur... not to mention the fact that Shadow, Blaze, and Knuckles were added as playables to the main game). I don't know of a Mario spinoff sequel that didn't add more playable characters, either.

Some games may have REMOVED characters and replaced them with existing ones... The Riders games are one example, but they never removed any core characters (only SEGA characters and generic robots). You could technically consider Secret Rings to be an example, as the multiplayer is similar to Sonic Shuffle, and in Secret Rings they did not bring back Gamma, Big, Chao, or Super Sonic. Even then, that isn't likely to happen here, either.

Can anyone name a Sonic spinoff sequel that didn't add new characters to it?

Didn't they say they weren't adding in any new characters to Sonic Free Riders, and we ended up getting Metal Sonic and Vector? They might be pulling our legs, or 20 characters plus unlockables.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 5

Didn't they say they weren't adding in any new characters to Sonic Free Riders, and we ended up getting Metal Sonic and Vector? They might be pulling our legs, or 20 characters plus unlockables.

Wow, you can come to that conclusion based on the 0 seconds of footage we've seen and the tiny bit of info we have? You sir, must be psychic.

Also, as Hunter said, the previous games have had quite a lot of fan service. (the second more than the first)

It would be nice if the theme was changed. It's not like a Mario+Sonic crossover wouldn't work without being set in Olympics x_x;;

It would be nice if the theme was changed. It's not like a Mario+Sonic crossover wouldn't work without being set in Olympics x_x;;

Well no, but its not in either Sega or Nintendo interests (at least at this moment in time).

Edit: I mean honestly a platformer crossover would be overkill for Sega or Nintendo right now, and since Sega hold the Olympic license its seems natural that they'd go down this path.

Edited by blackherox

Well no, but its not in either Sega or Nintendo interests (at least at this moment in time).

Edit: I mean honestly a platformer crossover would be overkill for Sega or Nintendo right now, and since Sega hold the Olympic license its seems natural that they'd go down this path.

How would it be overkill? I mean yeah at this point I wouldn't even want it on the Wii, but it would be a really nice showcase for Project Cafe. Plus it isn't the Olympics thing that's selling these games, it's the fact that Mario and Sonic characters are together. I don't think too many people care about the Olympics aspect.

I don't think a Mario/Sonic platformer would work, it just seems as if their playstyles wouldn't match well.

I don't think a Mario/Sonic platformer would work, it just seems as if their playstyles wouldn't match well.

Just do a dual-world gameplay thing, like in Sonic Unleashed.

But instead of the Werehog, you play as Mario. Have Mario go through Sonic levels and have Sonic go through Mario levels, have them meet up and defeat Bowser and Eggman in the end, and call it Mario & Sonic Adventure.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just do a dual-world gameplay thing, like in Sonic Unleashed.

But instead of the Werehog, you play as Mario. Have Mario go through Sonic levels and have Sonic go through Mario levels, have them meet up and defeat Bowser and Eggman in the end, and call it a day.

I'm all for that, but it seems people want it more co-op-ish :P

Meh, it could be done. It wouldn't have to play exactly like a Mario or Sonic game. Just make a fun platformer where Mario and Sonic are chained together or something and you switch between the two (think Sonic Heroes) for different sections of the level that are better suited to each of their skills. It might not be perfect but it would be MUCH better then a new mini game collection every couple of years IMO. :/ I honestly think it could be done rather easily if they decided to make it a 2D platformer. Sure some compromises would have to be made to each gameplay style here and there, but I think it would be worth it.

Edited by speedfreak

Meh, it could be done. It wouldn't have to play exactly like a Mario or Sonic game. Just make a fun platformer where Mario and Sonic and chained together or something and you switch between the two (think Sonic Heroes) for different sections of the level that are better suited to each of their skills. It might not be perfect but it would be MUCH better then a new mini game collection every couple of years IMO. :/ I honestly think it could be done rather easily if they decided to make it a 2D platformer. Sure some compromises would have to be made to each gameplay style here and there, but I think it would be worth it.

I don't know, I don't understand why people are so keen on a teamup to begin with. Now I was glad with Smash Brothers, Sonic being in that was great, but I just don't get why they need to have a Mario & Sonic franchise. Then again, maybe a Mario VS Sonic platformer would make me change my mind.

I too always thought the team thing would work for a Mario and Sonic platformer, (you know, if it had better AI than in Heroes). Use one character to help the other cross specific obstacles, and use both together to solve more complicated puzzles together. Take level themes and obstacles from both series. Have Nintendo make it. You'll be sounding like Charlie Sheen in no time.