Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

I too find it weird that SEGA would pass on the launch window that has served them so well with the last two entries into the franchise. Christmas rush aside, it doesn't exactly make good business sense to mess with a good thing.

Oh well. I guess they will just cash in on all the Olympic hype of 2012.

Well if the March release date is true, this wouldn't be the first time where Sega passed up on the holiday season to gain sales. Sega delayed the PS3 release of Sonic 06 to January 2007 and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity was released January 2008 also missing the holiday season. So from what I see, Sega isn't always concerned about releasing Sonic games during the holidays.

And I mean, this game is pretty much just a cash-in anyway. We'd all rather have a proper platformer/adventure crossover starring Mario and Sonic, it's only because Olympics and Winter Olympics sold like mad that we've got a third one on the way.

Well, I feel a little more releaved now knowing that I wasn't the only one thinking this. :rolleyes:

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

Wait, there's a rumor of the game coming out in March? Additional possibility of Cafe coming out in the holidays so SEGA doesn't want the game to get lost in the shuffle?

Okay, let's try to put a positive spin on the character thing, even if on a tangent. Who else wants to see costumes back? As I said on SoA, I loved those costumes, and hope that the character range expands to make the potential semi-playable number even larger than before. :)

Wait, there's a rumor of the game coming out in March? Additional possibility of Cafe coming out in the holidays so SEGA doesn't want the game to get lost in the shuffle?

The March date comes from UK online retailer ShopTo. It's very likely just a random placeholder date until the real date is announced though, like how some retailers like GameStop use the 31st December as a placeholder.

http://www.shopto.net/WII/VIDEO%20GAMES/WIIMA24-Mario%20and%20Sonic%20at%20the%20London%202012%20Olympic%20Games.html

http://www.shopto.net/3DS/VIDEO%20GAMES/3DSMA03-Mario%20and%20Sonic%20at%20the%20London%202012%20Olympic%20Games.html

I never used the costumes. I thought they looked pretty cheap over a Mii character. With the news of no new characters the only chance of me buying this game is if there is another story mode type thing. One hopefully better then the DS winter Olympics one. If not I'm quite content skipping this game. I'm holding out hope for a Nintendo developed Mario & Sonic platformer for "project Cafe". It's Sega's three to Nintendo's one. Come on Nintendo you need to get busy!

Hey, guys! Not sure what significance this holds, but Amazon is listing the release date of both versions of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics as December 31, 2011.

...but releasing a game on New Year's Eve? That doesn't seem right.

That's short for "we don't know when the hell the game's getting released."

As far as I know, games are NEVER released on New Years Eve. Unless its a very special circumstance. Retailers that don't know when a game is set for release always set it for December 31st of the year they think it may be released... If its confirmed to be the current year, they'll say the current year.

Does someone have the last issue of Nintendo Power? a user at Sega forums says that it has a preview of this game, and some pics (Luigi on a horse for example)

Does someone have the last issue of Nintendo Power? a user at Sega forums says that it has a preview of this game, and some pics (Luigi on a horse for example)

The issue has a picture of Luigi on a horse, Mario and Sonic shaking hands, and what is likely to be the cover of the game (i.e. Mario and Sonic standing side by side, Mario with a javelin and Sonic with a soccer ball under his foot).

So the first 'real world' figure in the Mario games...is a pissed looking brown horse.

Awesome!

Non-human beings participating of an olympic game is already out of place XD

Hehe, obviously you missed my post on the first page where I made myself look like a jerk, not that that's a bad thing though, :rolleyes: but anyway I too would like to see Shade in this game. :)

Wow, I've almost missed this post as well)). But yeah, I'm glad I'm ot the only one who would like to see the awesome female echidna(Shade or Tikal..doesn't matter much).

Pretty nice shots in NP preview! I just don't get it why they haven't released a CG trailer or teaser to the game yet..

Ehh, it doesn't really matter. The second we get a CG trailer, we will all instantly start to clamor to see a gameplay trailer which may or may not have a quick turnaround time (like generations did recently). The longer they hold back the first trailer, the shorter the gap will be between it and the second one.

Their really isn't much point to issuing a teaser trailer for this kind of thing. We all know what to expect.

Big Oss?

mario_sonic_en_los_juego_olimpicos_london_2012_3ds_wii_76683_post.jpg

Big Oss it's Luigi! HA HAR!

Edited by Hogfather

Duuuuuuuuude... Luigi's an OldSpice man.

And soccer. Sweet! Time to go Zidane on people's asses.

Edited by YoshiUnity:Ace SSMB Member

Duuuuuuuuude... Luigi's an OldSpice man.

And soccer. Sweet! Time to go Zidane on people's asses.

Go Zidane making nice moves to avoid your marker or go Zidane headbutting your marker?

Someone explain the Luigi in Horse joke xD?

I hope this isn't the only Wii game coming :|

So is Sega really waiting till E3 before giving us a trailer :(

More than likely. I don't mind waiting, since all they'd show now is probably CG anyway, while at E3 we'll probably get that CG trailer, as well as hands-on impressions and gameplay footage recorded from the press.