Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I am now the owner of a PS4. So I decided to try and test out the Vita remote play...

And I am blown away by it! 

I have used remote connectivity with my PS3 for some games, the last one was Tokyo Jungle... it was nice, but it had problems, there was also a little bit of delay and it didn't look anywhere near as nice as it did on the PS3.

On the PS4 though... oh wow.

I tried it with Killzone shadow fall and was expecting some drop in quality or a delay.

There was non, the streaming was seamless, if there were a delay it was so minor there's no way to tell, I even held the vita up to the TV to test this and couldn't see any delay or lag. 

The game ran amazingly smooth without any frame rate issues or problems. 

I only have 2 complaints.

1: Audio. The audio levels are much lower, I have to whack the vita up to full just to hear what was going on.

2: L2 & R2 buttons: Because the Vita lacks these, they're mapped to the screen, this will cause a lot of problems for some games and make a few of them unplayable. 

As someone who wasn't that bothered about the remote play side of the Vita, this experience has totally changed my mind, it really was incredible, 

They really need to promote this more because it truly was an amazing experience to be playing a game like Killzone Shadow fall on a handheld without any major issues.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Slim Vita coming to North America is great but where are my colors?

More importantly, where are the new games to encourage people to buy the Slim PS Vita?

• Thumbs Up 4

Sly collection is coming on May 27th:

Hungry for more of another PlayStation franchise you know and love? Wish you could experience the thrill of thieving with your best pals on the go? Have you always questioned the concept of pants? You’re in luck — Sly Cooper Collection is coming to PS Vita on May 27th!

The Sly Collection features all three original PlayStation 2 action-packed classic hits; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves fully remastered in high definition and optimized for PS Vita.

The Sly Collection for PS Vita sees the mischievous raccoon and his gang of eccentric friends pull off daring heists in this entertaining platformer adventure. Packed full with mini-games and thrilling missions from across the globe, The Sly Collection masterfully blends stealth, thievery, combat, strategy and exploration into one huge world.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/10/god-of-war-collection-coming-to-ps-vita-may-6th/

Boxart:

12372284154_f073ed87c6_o.png

HS5NUEB.jpg

So now Sony is going to drop the bombs for the Vita...that's great :). If the God of War Collection and Sly Collection ports are good along with the Borderlands one being good (all the DLC being there day one is a very, very good thing) all point to March being the month the Vita really starts to kick off this year.

I do wonder, will there be cross buy if you own the digital versions of the PS3 games? I already own the PS3 versions of Sly 1/2 so getting those for free would be nice :).

I'm not saying they're bad or anything, I just don't see them starting anything great.

Not sure if I'm getting my point across right laugh.png

Honestly, they're all ports (some of ports) and one new game. This shows nothing really.

Ports or not, at least its something from Sony mellow.png, we have no idea of what there Vita line up is this year....so ports of five great games sound good to me. It also helps that Sanzaru (who did a great job with Vita Thieves in Time) is behind the Vita port of the Sly Collection plus I think Santa Monica guys might be working on the GOW Collection Port, so we wont get a Jak Collection situation here (man...what a shame the Vita version of the collection was so bad....those would have been perfect on Vita sad.png).

No I get what you're saying. They did announce some stuff that's coming in spring or later like Invizimals, Murasaki Baby, No Heroes Allow: No Puzzles Either! and BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.

There's also Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD is coming next month and that's a big deal sort of.

Oh yeah, Murasaki Baby looked pretty cool and seemed to use Vita features well.

Personally I'm not particularly interested in the other games, though. I'm sure plenty of others are. FFX/X-2 maybe, but I suck at RPGS and the last time I played FFX  (Around when it came out) I never used the sphere grid and got my ass kicked by Sin xD I wish they'd add an easy mode like with Bravely Default. Blaz Blue isn't a franchise I'm interested in, neither is Invizimals. No idea what No Heroes Allow is.

That said, that doesn't look all too bad, but I hope they announce some interesting games in the coming months. An exclusive GTA is probably out of the question, but I'd love an MGS spin off (Ac!d, plz). Or a new Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank.

The second half of the year will be better.

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be released next month in Japan and probably be localized in a month or so.

Then we have Over My Dead Body 2, Gravity Rush 2 and Destiny of Spirits coming from Japan Studio.

Invizimals: The Alliance is also being released in America soon.

Lemmings Touch and Vita Pets also come out this year.

When it comes to third parties we have Toukiden and DanganRonpa that come out in a few days, FFX/X-2 HD, Deception IV and Hatsune Miku Project Diva f in March, Demon Gaze in April, Mind=0 in May and others like Project Diva f 2 and Persona 4 Dance All Night by the end of the year.

There are also a shitload of JRPGs that still won't be localized.

I hope Sony announces some nice new 1st party stuff too at E3, TGS and the likes. A Vita Gran Turismo would do wonders.

Anyone else a little concerned how we've not seen any video or screenshots of Borderlands 2 Vita... yet it's out in a few months?

Wait what...

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 and the Collector’s Edition Pack.

Seriously! If it's going to include all that, what is the state of it? 

Edit: Actually... just realised this DLC doesn't include the Tiny Tina DLC pack, I wonder why since that was one of the better ones.

For those wondering how the Vita Collection port look like, here are some pictures of Sly Collection and a gameplay clip of GOW II running on Vita :).

God of War Collection:

Sly Collection Pics:

UIR1NnE.jpg

qxzAIoM.jpg

StNAO8n.jpg

ib3BN4b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm happy the Vita Slim will be coming in the Spring soon. Really don't care if this version of the Vita has the OLED screen replaced with the LCD screen. Finally, I'll be able to play Gravity Rush. 

Also, those Sly pictures look quite nice. This would be a great time for me to think about jumping into the Sly series since I can get the Sly collection for Vita... 

Well, I'm happy the Vita Slim will be coming in the Spring soon. Really don't care if this version of the Vita has the OLED screen replaced with the LCD screen. Finally, I'll be able to play Gravity Rush. 

Also, those Sly pictures look quite nice. This would be a great time for me to think about jumping into the Sly series since I can get the Sly collection for Vita... 

The Sly 3 shots in particual look really good but I do wonder if the game will run well; the Jak Collection ran horribly on Vita :(. And the Sly 1 and 2 shots don't look that great either (I remember Sly 1 looking MUCH better than the what the Vita shot looks like). I hope you enjoy your Vita man :), its a great system....but wait till reviews or impressions before getting ANY of the Vita Collections Sony is putting out; they could be crap sadly if the Jak Collection was any indication :(.

Anyone else a little concerned how we've not seen any video or screenshots of Borderlands 2 Vita... yet it's out in a few months?

Wait what...

Seriously! If it's going to include all that, what is the state of it? 

Edit: Actually... just realised this DLC doesn't include the Tiny Tina DLC pack, I wonder why since that was one of the better ones.

Why do you think? 2K wants people to buy it.

So for the Vita Slim, is the new screen going to be a step down from the OLED? I'm not sure if I really understand the difference between the two.

So for the Vita Slim, is the new screen going to be a step down from the OLED? I'm not sure if I really understand the difference between the two.

Yes. OLED's a relatively new technology. The colors are much more vivid than LCD. Looks great.

The problem though is that OLED fades as time goes by or just stops working after a few years.

Wait, seriously? Sony sold me a $250 disposable console?