Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Wait, seriously? Sony sold me a $250 disposable console?

They do have a warranty option if you are so worried but they wouldn't sell something would just stop working in a year or so. A way to prevent that is to not excessively use the web browser (as that is a cause of Burn In, which makes OLEDS like shorter), keep the brightness at 25-40% most of the time, and don't play games that have static images for long periods of time (Turn Based RPG's, Stratage games, ect).

I hope it helps and don't worry, if you do the above, then the OLED screen might last longer than expected :).

It could theoretically last throughout the Vita's life but don't expect it to work in 6 or 7 years when used a lot.

Gotta say, that screen shot really looks solid; Borderlands 2 Cell-Shaded Look really looks quite good on Vita judging that screen shot :).

The huge question remains to be answered; does the game run well on Vita? Unreal Engine 3 does run good if modified enough (prof shown with MK and Injustice on Vita, but we don't know if a UE3 FPS on Vita will run well....

They've said you'll be able to have 4 player co-op.

It won't run as well, well... feel as good as the console/PC version for the simple reason that they'll have to map the special power moves to the rear touch pad which won't be as good as the L2/R2 buttons on a PS3 controller.

They could map those features into the front touch screen (like how Sly 4 had its L2/R2 actions on front screen via touchable buttons), but considering this is a shooter....you have a good point there. Iron Galaxy should figure something out, as they are fimilar with how the Vita works (thanks to their work on Dive Kick last year).

Dead Nation is still in development for the Vita. Sony have said an update on it will be coming soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/27/dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-coming-to-ps4-march-4th/

Yay? 

Well, they did announce that along with God of War and Flower for Vita last E3 along with Dead Nation (with Flower being out for a while and GOW coming in two or so months), so it would be stupid if they just canceled that version. Besides, just like the PS4 port being a PS+ tittle, they could pull that same thing for Vita owners when they need games for the service.

Its nice that this new PS4 is a free PS+ tittle; they could have just sold it for 10 bucks but instead we are getting it for free :)!

• 2 weeks later...

I know many of us here got much of the Vita's killer apps, but I felt like I had to post this smile.png. A NeoGaf member Skyzard made an very impressive chart of all the best games to play on Vita:

Pe7zmKz.jpg

I hope this helps anyone who is wondering what to get for Vita smile.png.

• Thumbs Up 1

And yet for some reason, there's no Final Fantasy Type-0 on that list.

BOOOOOOO~ To be fair, there is a whole buttload of Japanese content on that. It's almost a given that you'll have learned the language extensively if you want to enjoy it to the fullest extent.

And yet for some reason, there's no Final Fantasy Type-0 on that list.

BOOOOOOO~ To be fair, there is a whole buttload of Japanese content on that. It's almost a given that you'll have learned the language extensively if you want to enjoy it to the fullest extent.

That's the Vita library for you. New games for it are announced every week but it's mostly jp titles.

It's just like the PSP, except the part that the western support is mostly overpriced indie titles instead of GTA.

I kinda want to learn japanese for the sake of impoting games, but I'm too lazy. At least some companies like XSEED and NIS are doing a good job with localizations while others like Atlus and ArcSys "always" bring over their own games.

Looking at that chart does make me somewhat want to get one (especially for ys and ToHR).

Hmmm... Looking at this list, there doesn't seem to be much coming out on the Vita that I am interested in except Gravity Rush 2 and one other game [unless there is an incentive to get God of War again and the Sly Trilogy for the 3rd time].

Now Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Edition comes out in April and it seems interesting due to the Chinese setting as well as curiousity of Romance of the Three Kingdoms plus that there are over 80 playable characters in the game. From what I've gathered, the Vita and the PS4 versions are of the complete game while the PS3 version is an self contained expansion pack [so basically needing both Dynasty Warriors 8 and Xtreme Legends to get the full game], plus the cover is different with me personally prefer the PS4/Vita cover. The PS4 version is most likely going to be the best version of the game however only have a PS3 and a Vita with no plans to get a PS4. Looking at some impressions it seems that there are some framerate issues and less enemies on screen on the Vita version even though there is a patch to improve the frame rate a bit however it is a game to not only play at home but also away. Would also be my first Koei game as well unless manage to get Operation Winback 2.

Since it is going to be my first game of the series, just wonder whether it is a good starting point in the Warriors series and whether the game is worth playing? I am fully aware that Dynasty Warriors 8 is like the previous 6 games (and the spinoffs including the future Hyrule Warriors) with some graphic and gameplay changes even though it is a hack and slash game.

Borderlands 2 testé sur Vita, je comprends mieux pourquoi il était resté planqué jusqu'ici. #cest3

https://mobile.twitter.com/Flameche/status/446342476064759808?screen_name=Flameche

Translation: "Borderlands 2 tested on vita, now I understand why it was hidden until now #cest3"

Well I for one am shocked! SHOCKED I SAY!

Was anyone going to buy Borderlands 2 on the Vita anyway? Seems like a waste of time to me. They should focus on getting more original content instead of saying "hey guys! now you can play this game that run much better on a fucking console, on your Vita!"

An on the 3rd month he said "Let my Bubbles grow!"

Firmware 3.10, l

Hi everyone! The next system software update for PS Vita, version 3.10, will be available for download beginning later today. This update brings some anticipated and useful features to PS Vita, including the ability to display more than 100 applications on the home screen (we know you’ve been waiting patiently for this one), and a new Calendar application.

Check out some of the new features and changes in PS Vita’s 3.10 system update below:

• You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
  • A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
  • A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
  • You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.

For the full list of new or revised features in PS Vita system software update 3.10 and instructions for updating your system, please visit this page after the update goes live later today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/24/ps-vita-system-software-update-3-10/#sf2313765

13389359344_208c1cb031_z.jpg

13389359564_4c6f289e6f_z.jpg

More details on the EU blog.

• Music – You will now be able to search for content saved on a connected device such as a PC.
  • Video – You’ll be able to now sort content by size.
  • Rotate Screen Automatically has been added to Photos to control tilt sensor for rotation of images.
  • Freeform has been added to the Panoramic mode selection list.
  • Adjust Daylight Saving Automatically has been added.
  • 30 minutes has been added in Enter Standby Mode Automatically.

So, as anyone been playing Destiny Of Spirits?

It's basically a f2p Shin Megami Tensei look-alike with simple gameplay. Quite addictive.

You collect spirits, fuse them and then go do missions and fight bosses with or without friends.

The game also as multiple versions based around your location (EU, JP, US, AS) each with exclusive spirits based around local myths and legends that you have to trade to obtain.

Once in a while there are some limited-time only rare summons based around Sony franchises like Gravity Rush and currently Knack.

Also, if you played the beta you'll receive a rare spirit Joker.

QTmQ6kr.jpg

People don't care about fecking pets games anymore! Nintendogs sold millions and millions of DS'es because it was new and unique! And from those screenshots, I can tell it looks almost identical to Nintendogs on 3DS.

Nope, just looks like a mediocre copy of Nintendogs to me. It won't push the Vita sales at all. =I

Oh man, I forgot this game was in development.

This was announced nearly a year ago. 

And it's totally different to nintendogs... these ones talk.