Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Tearway seems to be getting a good reception.

Will titles like this in addition to several Vita-related announcements and coming features, such as Vita TV and PS4 interactivity, be enough to start meaningfully boosting Vita sales?

I don't know, Tearaway has had good reception, but it hasn't been getting the recognition it deserves. It is sort of left in the dust with all the other game announcements recently. Not to mention Tearaway was that one PSVita game that was announced so long ago that the hype has died a bit since the initial announcement.

Edited by The Kid

I'm sure putting the release back from October to the Xbox One's release date is going to be the biggest kick (while it's already unfairly down, so to speak). Such a shame since I've not been this excited for a game in ages! Should get my copy tomorrow!

Great to see Tearaway getting such glowing praise; it really looks to be the first Vita game that can ONLY be done on Vita :). Really hope people give it a chance, as it has such an charming look and its gameplay looks to be very inventive (using the Vita, not abusing it, kinda like how Mario Galaxy used the Wiimote in passive, not excessive ways).

You know, is really odd that some of the best games this year (Tearaway on Vita, Zelda LBW on 3DS, and Mario 3d World on WiiU) are all coming during the X1 launch.....where they can be easily overshadowed by the "new" hardware of the X1 :(. In the end though, its great to see Tearaway get the reception it looks to deserve :).

• 1 month later...

Went into HMV earlier and noticed they had removed the Wii games and the PS Vita section. Well... until I looked down and saw a very small bunch of PS Vita games on the bottom right corner of a huge wall of PS3 games. 

LAaQUzO.jpg

Guess they're clearing out everything PS Vita because of low sales :-/ They still had a Wii U section, despite that also not selling very well, though.

Sony's reaction to Vita's poor sales this year should be very interesting too, especially considering how they've been pushing it strongly alongside PS4 over the last few months (not strong enough but you know).

There's nothing to look forward to on it besides Gravity Rush 2 for me.. sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sony's reaction to Vita's poor sales this year should be very interesting too, especially considering how they've been pushing it strongly alongside PS4 over the last few months (not strong enough but you know).

There's nothing to look forward to on it besides Gravity Rush 2 for me.. sigh.

Yeah, I'm surprised and disappointed by how little software support Sony themselves have been giving PS Vita. How can they expect third parties to support it if they themselves aren't supporting it much? I've had mine since launch and all I have for it are Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz. 

Is Banana Splitz any good? After Step&Roll and Monkey Ball 3D I pretty much gave up on the series haha (and I was one of those people who continued to enjoy it through Adventure, Touch&Roll and Banana Blitz)

Is Banana Splitz any good? After Step&Roll and Monkey Ball 3D I pretty much gave up on the series haha (and I was one of those people who continued to enjoy it through Adventure, Touch&Roll and Banana Blitz)

Get Ys Memories of Celceta bro, its pretty damn fun. It's a good game, that didn't get any attention at all.

Wow, I kind of just forgot this console actually exists.

feh. Maybe I should sell it after all. Then I could afford a DSi and a Supercard DSTwo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really enjoyed it, but it gets stupidly hard later on in the game. Never finished it, it was that hard.

Though HMV were selling it for only £5 boxed so I figured it would keep me entertained for a good while.

feh. Maybe I should sell it after all. Then I could afford a DSi and a Supercard DSTwo.

If you're going to sell it, you should do it as soon as possible. Japan has been getting AMAZING bundles lately and I guarantee American ones will pop up soon. The price is going to tank.

Once those bundles start surfacing here I might get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really enjoyed it, but it gets stupidly hard later on in the game. Never finished it, it was that hard.

Though HMV were selling it for only £5 boxed so I figured it would keep me entertained for a good while.

How hard compared with other Monkey Ball games? I find most of them only kinda hard, the only ones I didn't fully complete were the original 2 and Banana Blitz.

Sounds pretty fun though, I might get it on the cheap.

If you're going to sell it, you should do it as soon as possible. Japan has been getting AMAZING bundles lately and I guarantee American ones will pop up soon. The price is going to tank.

I can always pick one up at a later date if it actually miraculously takes off.

Yeah, I think I'll list it on eBay. I haven't had genuine use for it since I beat P4G.

If anyone wants it, I'm asking $150 for it and 2 games plus a 4GB memory card. The console will even be in its original box.

Hopefully he sells it himself and not to a GameStop/retailer, they give you crap for them, and that's even in store credit. Also, just drop this here in case anyone is interested in a fun action jrpg.

615SbWUuqSL._SX385_.jpg

Don't think its out in the UK yet though... I think NISA is handling it.

$150 for a Vita and 2 games... you are so underselling yourself man. Of course depends on teh games.

Its cool to see this thread back, no one's been using it for some time :(. I hope the Vita gets more sales, because it really is a wonderful handheld and the only handheld I've ever owned where I have over 80+ games to play through. Its a dam shame to, because the software on the system is really good like Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice all being great games.

I hope this year Sony continues to support the Vita with even more games....but the realistic thing to expect is more ports funded by them (ex: Borderlands 2, Epic Mickey 2, ect) along with some localizations of some big Japanese Vita games like the Vita Tales titties and more indie games like Fez and Bending of Issac Rebirth.

I think with the PS4's Remote Play features and a potential LITE connected Vita system (the fast Verizon mobile internet speed) that has PlayStation Now with it could be big ways for Sony to sell more Vitas, but they really need to discount the memory cards first; they are just to dam expensive :(. Thank god Gamestop had a huge sale on those or otherwise I would have never got my 32GB card :(.

Its cool to see this thread back, no one's been using it for some time sad.png. I hope the Vita gets more sales, because it really is a wonderful handheld and the only handheld I've ever owned where I have over 80+ games to play through. Its a dam shame to, because the software on the system is really good like Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice all being great games.

I hope this year Sony continues to support the Vita with even more games....but the realistic thing to expect is more ports funded by them (ex: Borderlands 2, Epic Mickey 2, ect) along with some localizations of some big Japanese Vita games like the Vita Tales titties and more indie games like Fez and Bending of Issac Rebirth.

I think with the PS4's Remote Play features and a potential LITE connected Vita system (the fast Verizon mobile internet speed) that has PlayStation Now with it could be big ways for Sony to sell more Vitas, but they really need to discount the memory cards first; they are just to dam expensive sad.png. Thank god Gamestop had a huge sale on those or otherwise I would have never got my 32GB card sad.png.

When the hell was this and why did I miss it D:

Sorry you don't enjoy your Vita Goomy; it really is a great system once you find some fun games for it :). If you didn't sell you Vita yet, maybe you could check out some games from the Sony 14/14 sale which has 14 PS3 and 14 Vita game on sale for cheap prices. Some great games like Walking Dead, Killzone Mercenary, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Soul Sacrifice and many others on sale for really cheap prices. Here is a link to the sales in case you are interested: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/ps-vita-games-on-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_14FOR14PSVITA?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

When the hell was this and why did I miss it D:

You didn't know? Back in December around Christmass time Vita memory cards got very steep discounts for a few days (16GB Cards for 20 bucks, 32 GB Cards for 50 bucks) along with games like Tearaway and Killzone being 20 bucks. Sorry you missed that :(; everyone really should own a 32GB card but they are just to dam pricey....

While I have yet to play Tearaway (since when I was on holiday, it was a very dark apartment and this game needs a bit of light), did managed to play two games that I recommend, Spy Hunter and a demo of WRC 4. Despite lack of future support, have managed to really enjoy the console and hope that it can survive for a few more years.

Spy Hunter didn't get good reviews but found it to be an enjoyable game. One review complained about the controls and found them pretty good (the steering is okay but does get loose even though it could actually be a limitation of the analog sticks). The touch screen is only used for selection, to start the stage and for the satellite weapon. Game ran very smoothly, don't know if it is 60fps and as for the graphics they are decent. They aren't Need for Speed: Most Wanted or Uncharted: Golden Abyss good however the game is like an arcade type of game plus it does seem to be inspired by the other Spy Hunter remake that came out 12 years ago. I don't know what it is like on the 3DS though. Also two things that I've noticed, one is that the game is localised into British English that itself is not as common on games (only really found Sony's and Nintendo's first party are the main ones, the 3rd parties usually just use American English and call it a day) and two is that I recognised someone from the credits that used to famous on Youtube in 2007.

Only paid about £10 for this game on Amazon (other places didn't sell it at all) and to me it was worth the gamble (plus I did like the original and the first remake).

The second one is actually so far of a demo and enjoyed it enough to buy the game was WRC 4. Now I do like my racing games however haven't played a rally game in ages so I tried the demo and liked it enough, have yet to play the full version. The graphics are pretty good with just a couple of iffy quality textures, ran okay and surprised that it had a Volkswagen Polo as a car. It felt like a mixture of Sega Rally (older, not Revo) and an easier Colin McRae Rally. From what I've gathered, this one is better than 3 due to that Milestone managed to fit as much as they can instead of cutting features so this is probably the best rally game on the console. I had to buy this at HMV since Amazon didn't sell it due to being sold out with no future stock, Game was charging £35 when compared to the other versions and Grainger Games didn't have it at all. Paid £24.99 that was cheaper than the £30 RRP plus I might not able to see the game again. Have a hunch that this game had a small print run and in 20 years time when people are collecting for the Vita, this one might be a struggle for a collector. It doesn't help that the game only came out in Europe with a Japanese release pending, so any Americans interested in racing games have to import just like Europe has to import on some other titles (MLB The Show physical, RPGs that weren't released, Muramasa Rebirth physical). Plus for the looks of things, this might be my last Vita game that I will buy sad.png

Even if WRC 4 is my last Vita game, at least there have been plenty of games that have covered my personal tastes and enjoyed every one of them from console ports (Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PlayStation All-Stars, Metal Gear Solid Collection [minus Peace Walker], Virtua Tennis 4) to the original titles (Everybody's Golf [later ported to the PS3], WipEout 2048, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Spy Hunter, Tearaway, Monkey Ball, Gravity Rush).

I got it when it was cheap (same thing for Virtua Tennis 4) and it's a good game. It plays like the classics and there are a few exclusive stages such as the PlayStation symbols one. As for the minigames, they do feel a touch gimmicky some that work well like the camera and others like the touchpad one feel a bit off. Even though I haven't completed the game, it did feel a bit easier than Super Monkey Ball Deluxe that I will never ever fully complete since gahhhhhhhhhh... on a few stages (beaten Story Mode just about).

You guys need to play Tearaway. 

I've not really picked my GOTY for 2013... but Tearaway is certainly one of the top candidates.

• Thumbs Up 3

You guys need to play Tearaway. 

I've not really picked my GOTY for 2013... but Tearaway is certainly one of the top candidates.

I adore Tearaway, one of my top candidates too. Must play for anyone with a Vita and probably the only game I think couldn't be done on any other system.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I've thought this over and over in my head and I really can't bring myself to spend $200 on a Vita plus memory cards and games. It feels like money that could be better spent on a PS4 or Xbox One later in the year when more is out for them. It is a shame because I really wanted to try Tearaway.

Well, do you have PlayStation Plus? If you've had it for the past few months and "Purchased" the free Vita games, you might have quite a sizable library of games (of the top of my head, Zero Escape, Blazeblue, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Sonic Racing, Rayman Origins, Soul Sacrifice, and the yearly games of UC, Gravity Rush and Wipeout all landed on the service this year), potentially enough to make getting a Vita. That was the case for me between that and a 3ds; buying the system and having a decent library of games out of the box vs getting a system and slowly building up my library like I did with the GBA/DS. I picked Vita, but that's just me :).

Ignoring the free games though, there is pretty much a game for every genera for the Vita such as many indie platformers (Stealth Inc., Thomas Was Alone), racing games (Sonic Racing, Need for Speed MW, Modnation Racers, Wipeout), shooters (Unit 13, Oddworld Srangers Wrath, Killzone Mercneary) and many more.

Tearaway is an amazing game that felt like going back to my childhood and reading my favorite Eric Carl book or watching a great Disney film; experiencing a increadably charming story with lovable characters in a simple but very detailed world. And when it ends....you really don't want it to end and even the game knows this pulling the ending out of you hands throughout the game! I have to say that Tearaway along with the rest of the Vita's diverse library are well worth the initially expensive price admission :).

Well, do you have PlayStation Plus? If you've had it for the past few months and "Purchased" the free Vita games, you might have quite a sizable library of games (of the top of my head, Zero Escape, Blazeblue, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Sonic Racing, Rayman Origins, Soul Sacrifice, and the yearly games of UC, Gravity Rush and Wipeout all landed on the service this year), potentially enough to make getting a Vita. That was the case for me between that and a 3ds; buying the system and having a decent library of games out of the box vs getting a system and slowly building up my library like I did with the GBA/DS. I picked Vita, but that's just me smile.png.

Ignoring the free games though, there is pretty much a game for every genera for the Vita such as many indie platformers (Stealth Inc., Thomas Was Alone), racing games (Sonic Racing, Need for Speed MW, Modnation Racers, Wipeout), shooters (Unit 13, Oddworld Srangers Wrath, Killzone Mercneary) and many more.

Tearaway is an amazing game that felt like going back to my childhood and reading my favorite Eric Carl book or watching a great Disney film; experiencing a increadably charming story with lovable characters in a simple but very detailed world. And when it ends....you really don't want it to end and even the game knows this pulling the ending out of you hands throughout the game! I have to say that Tearaway along with the rest of the Vita's diverse library are well worth the initially expensive price admission smile.png.

Eh, I thought of that, really I did. I have PS+ but there isn't really much on there I care about. I already have Transformed on every other imaginable platform (even Ios, which sucks btw), Oddsworld I have, Zero Escape I have on 3DS (I kind of wanted it  on there because I'm OCD about sequels being on the same platform), Blazblue I've never had interest in, an Rayman I already have on 360. 

The only games that have really interested me are Gravity Rush, Dagnonropa, Tearaway, and Super Monkey Ball. But I can mostly just borrow my friend's Vita and play those four before returning it, haha.

Eh, I thought of that, really I did. I have PS+ but there isn't really much on there I care about. I already have Transformed on every other imaginable platform (even Ios, which sucks btw), Oddsworld I have, Zero Escape I have on 3DS (I kind of wanted it  on there because I'm OCD about sequels being on the same platform), Blazblue I've never had interest in, an Rayman I already have on 360. 

The only games that have really interested me are Gravity Rush, Dagnonropa, Tearaway, and Super Monkey Ball. But I can mostly just borrow my friend's Vita and play those four before returning it, haha.

Did you try Uncharted and Wipeout? I know the Vita Uncharted doesn't come close to the PS3 tittles, but it is fun and does take great advantage of the Vita's features (Gyro Aiming has to be in every game man biggrin.png!). Not a huge fan of the series, but if you own Wipeout HD Fury, Vita's Wipeout is a very good value as you can import practily all the content of those games into the Vita game and play that alongside a new campan built ground up for Vita.

Maybe some of the PSP tittles that can be played on Vita may interest you, as they is alot of them that work on Vita :). Daxter, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Sega Genesis Collection are really great tittles for the Vita (especially Daxter and the Genesis Collection, with the former being a lot like the original Jak and Daxter, and the later just being a great value with 30+ Genesis games). There is alot of cool PS1 games too, such as the Final Fantasy tittles and if your in Europe the Crash/Spyro series (dam shame they don't work in US Vita :(....).

At the very least, you can find acess to Tearaway thanks to borrowing a Vita, so I hope you enjoy it biggrin.png! Same with Gravity Rush and Monkey Ball :).