Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Because Gravity Rush as a whole is a mediocre game. And I do hope you are not calling Muramasa Rebirth, or P4G a crappy port, because I have both and they play great.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 2

Because Gravity Rush as a whole is a mediocre game. And I do hope you are not calling Muramasa Rebirth, or P4G a crappy port, because I have both and they play great.

>persona4golden

Considering that's one of the best PSVita games out there, I would never call it that. Muramasa was an enhanced edition.

It's disappointing to hear Gravity Rush wasn't that good. :(

Gravity Rush is good (it's really great at times) but it suffers a lot from its controls and combat; the use of the touch screen to Gravity Drift is really tricky to use and the combat mostly consists of fighting the controls (as you use both the gyro-controls and right stick to aim your gravity kick, not to mention swiping the screen to doge attacks). But even with the wonky controls and iffy combat, the games affectious charm, beautiful graphics and it being a brand new ip from Sony themselves (as all the games they made for the system outside of Unit 13 and Soul Sacrifice are ether spin offs or ports) all make it one of the best games on the system.

As for the other games on that list, many of the indie games should be higher, as they feel right on Vita much more than PS3 (OLED screen + Killer D-Pad + Portability = amazing experience), but the same thing could be said for traditional Vita games, so that's a moot point tongue.png.

Really surprised Oddworld Strangers Wrath isn't on that list, as that game is by far one of the best PS3 ports (it was made by one guy for crying out loud blink.png) for the Vita thus far; it runs at native resolution, runs at a very high frame rate, and maintains many of the HD textures of the PS3 version of the game.

Vita fans kept system from being shelved, "nowhere close to that now":

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431096/interviews/interview-sonys-fergal-gara-on-ps4s-final-push/

Hooray for Vita fans I guess? I have a used model and I don't even use the 3DS anymore(PS+ games are a godsend for the system).

Edited by FourCartridge

Hay guy's, someone on Neogaf found out how to fix the download bug on the Vita PSN; hold down on the d-pad as the PSN says "preparing to download" for a few seconds and then the freezing bug will go away and you can download your game. This comes from Neogaf user PaulKersey, and I can confirm that his method works. Hope this helps other Vita owners on the Sonic Stadium. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What download bug?

at times when you download a title from the store, the vita will say "downloading..." (or whatever prop it gives) and it will get stuck there and the only way to fix it is to do that soft reset by holding down the power button. It happens to me too often if you ask me.

Somebody's got one of the new Vita models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez72QZyc-gI

Is there a comparison sheet of this model and the older one? I know the screen is different, but what else?

Longer battery life, slightly slimmer, MicroUSB vs proprietary cables, built in 1GB memory...?

Nice!

The only thing is the lack of the purty OLED screen, but LCD screens are actually far longer lasting so I see that as a good trade off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some new games announced the past few days for the Vita guys! Both the GOTY Edition of Injustice (the Netheralm/MK guy's DC fighting game) and the VERY late port of The Amazing Spiderman are both coming to the Vita within the next two months (with the GOTY Edition of Injustice coming to both Vita and PS4 at the PS4 launch date, which I think is November 17 in US and 20 something in EU).

I really don't care for Spiderman, as its a super late port that looks like a huge downgrade over the original (graphically; the GTA Stories games and even the PSP version of Spiderman 2 looks better than this), but Injustice being developed by the team responsible for both the Vita version of MGS Collection and the upcoming Batman Blackgate, and them promising a very solid looking game at sub-native resolution and a rock-solid 60FPS make the Vita version of Injustice looking really great :).

It's like the difference between the Slim and Lite and the Slim and Bright PSPs. Except Sony made the better one first.

Also, apparently the 1gb of internal memory is unusable if you have a memory card inserted.

Also, apparently the 1gb of internal memory is unusable if you have a memory card inserted.

This was so easy not to mess up

SO EASY.

The hell?! I'm guessing they want to force you to upgrade your card instead of double dipping. :/

PSVita TV or possible wait for a PSVita 2000 deal? Hmm. Choices.

The 12GB PS3 does the same thing.

It's all the more interesting, because even the "uses a USB cable for the power plug but cannot actually be charged with a USB port" PSP Go understood the idea of adding together internal and external memory.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zXGWXe3Fc

• You can play PS Vita games on your TV.
  • You can use the same save data across PS Vita TV and PS Vita to take your games on the go and back.
  • If your friends are over, you can play ad-hoc multiplayer while three friends are on their PS Vitas and you’re on PS Vita TV.
  • There are many supported video services like Tsutaya TV, Nico Nico, Hulu, TV Dogatch, and more.
  • There are various supported entertainment services like Music Unlimited, Reader, Joysound.TV Plus, Radiko.jp, Twitter, internet browser, and Nasne.
  • If your PlayStation 4 is in one room, you can play it in another room via PS Vita TV remote play.

Release date is november 14th.

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/ps-vita-tv-hello-introduction-video

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit.

A PSVita TV using PSVita hardware acts like a PSVita? Mind blown! mellow.png

What I expected. Time to preorder one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Software Update 3.0 out now:

List off additions:

• PS4 Link: "The PS4 Link app has been added to the PS Vita system’s home screen. With this application, you can use your PS Vita to remotely control a PS4 system, and play a range of PS4 games on your PS Vita screen. When you’re playing a game on PS4 that supports second screen features, you can also display information from that game on your PS Vita and use it as a second screen."
  • Parental Controls: "The Parental Controls application has been added to the home screen. You can now manage the duration of game play, and the use of games and videos that have parental controls. You can also control access to certain areas of the system, including the use of the Internet browser and Location Data."
  • Photos: "A Panoramic Camera setting has been added. You can now take panoramic photos on PS Vita, and look around the photo by using the PS Vita’s built-in motion sensor."
  • Friends: "The application layout for Friends has been improved. There are now four tabs: Find Player on PSN, Friends, Friend Requests and Players Blocked"
  • Messages: "The Group Messaging application name and icon have been changed to Messages. The application layout has also been improved, and you can now send and receive messages with friends and players on PS4 or on mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.

Party

The icon for the Party application has been changed. You can now voice chat and text chat with friends and players on PS4."

• Email: "You can now sync the contacts saved in your email account from services including Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. To sync your contacts, select Contact List > Options > [CardDAV Settings] > [Add CardDAV Account], and then follow the screens."

• Content Manager: "You can now use Wi-Fi to connect your PS Vita to a PS3, and transfer data between them. Your PS Vita and PS3 must be connected within the same network.‎ Also, to use this feature, the system software of the PS3 you’re using must be version 4.50 or later."

• PS3 Remote Play: "The Remote Play application name and icon have been changed to PS3 Remote Play."

• Settings: "You can now download future system software updates automatically."

• Trophies: "You can now display Trophies of PS4 software on your PS Vita. Rarity of the trophy cannot be displayed."

Edited by Tmsp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJfnbI7W-lE

Every single ingame asset can be made by you with a single sheet of paper.

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason I care about the Vita is Wii-U gamepad functionality for PS4 and Tearaway, so i think I'll look for one used for 150 dollars or something. How much hope do I have for finding it at that price?

Edited by Chaos Warp

A quick search reveals that you'd be lucky to get one in reasonable or good condition at that price, but then, I haven't spent much time at all looking up Vita prices, much less at US retailers / outlets. If that's your price point, eBay is probably your best bet, though I'd anticipate waiting a while.