Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

The key word here is "time being"; they want to launch the PS Vita TV in Japan first to see how well it preforms, and after the PS4 launches in Japan in February, they launch the PS Vita TV in NA and EU with PS4's in new bundles (and as its own stand alone thing) with DualShock  4's and a sizeable memory card (8-16GB).

The Vita TV looks to be a direct result of wanting to compete with Apple TV and other similar devices (along with them trying to have that "cheap" hardware that sells like wild fire ala PS2), so I have no doubt that it will come to other places outside Japan, they are just focusing on Japan for the thing at first (as there is not PS4 there when the Vita TV launches) and they will bring it here when the PS4 launches in Japan (to leverage the initial user base of Vita TV's with the PS4/Vita connection).

Hm, I'm still a little confused about the Vita TV's control options. Is it possible to sync up a DualShock 4 to it?

Hm, I'm still a little confused about the Vita TV's control options. Is it possible to sync up a DualShock 4 to it?

Its confirmed that DualShock 3 controllers work with the system, along with DualShock 4's being compatible via patch (and they confirmed cross-controller support with normal Vitas), so there are a lot of control options with thing :).

• Thumbs Up 1

8c930e8aa5ec3592768f89826d3c28bb_large.p

Then why is it on the Shantae Kickstarter?

Due to them being the same thing (as if Shante gets funded and lands on normal Vita, all Wayfoward has to do is have a control layout without use of the touch screen/rear touch pad), so that's why its listed :).

Besides, Vita TV is coming here, but not till after the PS4 launches here and Japan, so that way sales for the device don't get engulfed by the PS4 in the west and sales of the Vita TV don't engulf sales of the PS4 in Japan.

Same here; love my Vita's OLED screen, everything just 'pops' off it, not to mention the systems killer D-Pad (cant believe I can preform combos in MK and UMvCIII on Vita where I couldn't on PS3) and a full library of PS1/PSP games to play through (as I never owned a PSP and really didn't take advantage of the PS1's killer library).

I'm sure the new model will be fine (a LCD screen means the Vita can be played in the sunlight, as intense light messes up the OLED's color) and with it having a better battery life (about an extra hour) along with an internal 1GB space, making it a great 'cheap' version for people (like how the 3ds has the three tiers of the 2ds, 3ds and 3ds XL).

Guys, there is no way Vita TV won't get released in the west, and honestly, how hard is it gonna be to get an imported Vita TV to work? All you need is a travel adaptor and away you go.

Guys, there is no way Vita TV won't get released in the west, and honestly, how hard is it gonna be to get an imported Vita TV to work? All you need is a travel adaptor and away you go.

The key thing being that when Sony means for the time being, that it could be a year or two before it is even considered.

I'd imagine it'll launch around the time the PS4 software update happens in Japan, so they can package that in here. It also gives them more time to add some multimedia apps in order to properly market it as a TV box.

Even though Apple has its foot in that market, it doesn't really have a strong leader yet. Apple TV isn't that big. If they play their cards right they could have a winner here - it's all in the marketing.

You mean Tiro Finale, the big ass gun she fires off all the time, that is very recognizable.

That's not Tiro Finale. That looks like a Wiimote Accessory.

That's not Tiro Finale. That looks like a Wiimote Accessory.

So you buying it or not? Still, Secret Ninja Arts in Senran Kagura look more awesome than that.

Edited by Mr. J

Well, is it coming out in the US :V?

You guys and your not importing ways. lol. I wouldn't buy it though, it looks like shit.

Edited by Mr. J

On the subject of PS Vita TV....

"During the presentation yesterday, the European / American users showed a very strong response, more than we expected, and there has been a strong inquiry / request / demand that they want the product," SVP and Division President of Business Division 1 at Sony Computer Entertainment Masayasu Ito told Engadget in an interview today. "Of course we are thinking of launching in the EU and US, but in terms of timing we have to watch the timing and watch the environment carefully," he added.

What Ito expanded on, though, was how the system might change before heading to other regions. "If we have to add further services or not. It's not that we have decided, but cloud gaming services, how can we work on that? So we are looking at each of the possible items before launching in Europe or the United States," he told us.

My reaction....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py1DILray2Y

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/20/vita-tv-outside-japan/

More or less confirms a 2014 release for the thing, wouldn't suprise me if they announce it at CES next year since that would probably be the best place to launch it... or... E3... but... I it's not that far away.

So IGN has created a Top 25 List of Best PS Vita games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/igns-top-25-playstation-vita-games

There are a good amount of pages, so if you don't want to go through all of the pages, I'll just list them below.

I'm sure they had a tough time choosing their number 1 pick. =P

25. Gravity Rush

24. MGS HD Collection

23. Spelunky

22. Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

21. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

20. The Walking Dead: The Game

19. Muramasa: Rebirth

18. Unit 13

17. PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD

16. Velocity Ultra

15. Plants vs Zombies

14. Killzone Mercenary

13. Dragon's Crown

12. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

11. Escape Plan

10. Rayman Origins( should be higher)

9. Lumines: Electronic Symphony

8. Hotline Miami

7. Dokuro

6. Guacamelee!

5. Sound Shapes!

4. Little Big Planet Vita

3. Uncharted Golden Abyss

2. Super Stardust Delta

1.P4 Golden(of fucking course xD)

Very disappointed about Gravity Rush barely making the list.  Of the Vita games I've played, that's my favorite actually.

Edited by canderson

So IGN has created a Top 25 List of Best PS Vita games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/igns-top-25-playstation-vita-games

There are a good amount of pages, so if you don't want to go through all of the pages, I'll just list them below.

I'm sure they had a tough time choosing their number 1 pick. =P

25. Gravity Rush

24. MGS HD Collection

23. Spelunky

22. Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

21. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

20. The Walking Dead: The Game

19. Muramasa: Rebirth

18. Unit 13

17. PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD

16. Velocity Ultra

15. Plants vs Zombies

14. Killzone Mercenary

13. Dragon's Crown

12. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

11. Escape Plan

10. Rayman Origins( should be higher)

9. Lumines: Electronic Symphony

8. Hotline Miami

7. Dokuro

6. Guacamelee!

5. Sound Shapes!

4. Little Big Planet Vita

3. Uncharted Golden Abyss

2. Super Stardust Delta

1.P4 Golden(of fucking course xD)

Very disappointed about Gravity Rush barely making the list.  Of the Vita games I've played, that's my favorite actually.

...I just got my Vita in June and I don't play Japanese RPG's at all, but common Ign, that's a very poor list :(

While P4 Golden really needs to be within the top 5 on the list, so does Guacamelee, Gravity Rush, and Killzone.... not to mention how many of the new indie games like Lone Survivor, Limbo (yes I know its a port), KickBeat and Divekick, along with the stark lack of the Vita's Japanese library (where's Soul Sacrifice, UMvCIII and Dynasty Warriors Next Ign?).

Still, its nice that the Vita got a top 25 on the list at all and with the choices picked being good in the long run (even if its over run with ports of PS3 games and HD collections).